• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Bob Dylan Movie

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
MMM were reporting that a movie about the life of Bob Dylan is in the works.

This could be cool.

I really hope they get an artsy-fartsy director to make this...like Jarmusch, Stone, Gondry, Jonze, etc etc.

it would be a pity if it ended up being James Cameron or the guy who did Pearl Harbor/Crimson Tide.

who would play Bob?.

I couldn;t see anyone but Depp doin it.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Depp would indeed be a good choice.

If this movie is going to be even remotely realistic it's going to need subtitles have way through.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
I'm skeptical. His contribution to music and American culture can't be overstated but is his life story interesting enough for source material for a film? I feel the same way about all the Hendrix biopic talk. I mean I worship the work but I have doubts as to how good a movie based on his life would be.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Depp doesn't look anything like Bob Dylan. And Orlando Bloom's been in more than Pirates and LOTR...I don't think you have to be old or in a million movies to be able to take on a challenging role.

~jen

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Depp doesn't look anything like Bob Dylan. And Orlando Bloom's been in more than Pirates and LOTR...I don't think you have to be old or in a million movies to be able to take on a challenging role.

~jen
What other movies has he done that are out. (I know he's making more.)

I'm pretty positive The Fellowship was his first movie. He said as much on the documentary disc as I recall.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Charlize Theron hasn't done a tonne of movies and wasn't known as a great actor and look at her now for Monster. All it takes is one great role to see how good an actor is at their craft.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
movie's not gonna be a traditional biopic.

It's being directed by Todd Haynes (Safe, Far From Heaven, Velvet Goldmine)
There will be 7 characters representing Dylan, including an 11-year-old black kid and more than one woman.

If you saw Masked and Anonymous, Luke Wilson was essentially doing a young Dylan, and pretty well, I might add.

Of course, in '78, Bob made the movie Renaldo & Clara and the role of Bob Dylan was played by....Ronnie Hawkins.

Also, there'll be a Scorcese doc in the near future about the early part of Dylan's career, including an interview with Bob.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
didn't bob become super-catholic for awhile, and sing for the pope?
no...
he was "born again" in the late 70's...then he moved on in the early 80's, rumour was he was involved with a relatively obscure strain of Judaism - Jakob had his bar mitzvah in Jerusalem.
The playing for the Pope was in the 90's, and as we know, the Pontiff invites one and all, breakdancers, wayward R&B singers who've married into the Rastafari faith and go off on a bizarre anti-Cahtolic rant, people who've shot him....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders