1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

New Big Boi: Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty

Discussion in 'Hip Hop Room' started by Juan Love, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

Freakin' decent album...

Mostly because of the fact that there is a little something for everyone on there; and yet Big Boi makes it a party and manages to not alienate anybody in the process.

He delivers the classic Dungeon Family Cadillac vibes with some tasty Organized Noize productions. For the present and the charts he leans on TI, B.o.B., Gucci Mane, Too Short, and George Clinton for support. Then the album moves into the future as he gives the bump to his new proteges Vonnegutt (taping into the ever-expanding whiteboyz with guitars who happen to rap genre) and the mighty, mighty Janelle Monet...who's debut album will be at the top of several top ten lists this year. 3000 makes a solid appearance behind the boards joining Lil John and Jbeatzz as they unleash a series of club bangers that'll make you grab your junk and say, "oh my god that's some funky shit!"

My favorite part of this album has to be the lead single...the return to form of Mr. Tuff Jew, THE Pianoman and former Roots Alum, Nova Scotia's own Scott Storch!!

He and Big Boi deliver the closest thing to the old Outkast mission statement: raw lyricism over the funkiest beats by the pound.

End result...great bit of summertime southern hip hop and solid solo debut on Def Jam from the Big Boi.

2. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

I love "Shutterbug", but I haven't heard anything else off the album.

3. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

Try this tune...

featuring Too Short, George Clin-tron and Sam Chris.

Kinda of a g-funked 808 ditty that meets glitchy proto-jungle in a way that reminds me of the more experimental side of the Outkast legend.

4. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Been jamming this album hard.

For black music, it's not half bad.

5. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member