• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

New Bed

ducke

TRIBE Member
I can not wait for my sleeps tonight
My new bed just came - OH HAPPY SLEEPS here I come .

Owned a Futon for 8 yrs & after 3 different Mat Pad's I thought it was time to get a new bed.

Thank You Sleep Country

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I LOVE the 600 thread count sheets w got in NYC.. fuckin silky guy

I'm a serious bedding ho. my bed right now! haha

<<nerd<

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaall about the foam mattress. thick foam. I can jump up and down and she doesn't feel it.

my bed rules

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

swenard

TRIBE Member
Aphrodite said:
streer fair, NYC.. $40us for 600thco

I buy 800 thread count from Home outfitters for cheaper then that.

I don't recommend sheets less then 800 myself(*600 is poerfectly fine) as they can be found so cheaply now.

Be warry of cheap, high thread count sheets, sometimes they are only two ply which doubles the thread count without making them softer.

The thing that makes me laugh is that home outfitters, which isn't that great of a store IMO, has 180 thread count sheets(which is enough, really) for over $300 only because they say Tommy hilfiger on a tiny little tag somewhere!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
my 1000 dollar mattress is way more important than the sheets on it.... buy the sheets on sale at winners...

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Aphrodite said:
I LOVE the 600 thread count sheets w got in NYC.. fuckin silky guy

I'm a serious bedding ho. my bed right now! haha
<<nerd<
Wow a new kind of nerd I had yet to discover: the bedding nerd!

ducke

TRIBE Member
what a sleep - had to been one of the best in I will say 2 years.

You do not know how nice it is to sleep in a nice thick fluffy bed instead of a flat dead futon .

If u got a futon GET A NEW BED - U have EARNED it .

Took me about 3 weeks to find my new bed - www.sears.ca

IKEA had some good prices but the hassel of the store or the $120. for it to be dropped off @ my house was not worth it .

OH HAPPY DAY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OH HAPPY PRIDE
OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me in 2 days

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I have a futon right now and I hate it because it squeeks too much when I shit my weight around.

the best is the guest bed in my parents house, they have this down filled cover thing that goes between the bedsheet and the matress so its like sleeping on a comforter. so soft, it melts my soul to sleep there.

my dog is also a big fan of that room.

ducke

TRIBE Member
Well I am working on Solar - For a 6 month old pup he takes up a lot of room :p He will soon learn the FUTON is his bed = till his little friend comes home along in August :D

LOVE MY NEW BED - Gonna be well rested for the wknd technics1200

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Never buy a mattress for full price because they are fuckexpensive and its not hard to find a deal.

We just got a new bed from The Bay - seems like their stuff in on halfprice on alot of weekends. We got a 2500 mattress for half price. And you know where that money goes when you sleep on it.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Well timed thread. Some questions:

When shopping for a new mattress, what's a good budge to keep in mind?

What should I look for? What brands are the best? What's to avoid?

Is sleep country a good place to buy beds? Anywhere else? Someone mentioned sears.

Are boxsprings imperative? What if I don't have a frame? What if I have an Ikea frame? Will a queen fit into an ikea frame?

Obviously it's going to come down to stuff like what FEELS best, but perhaps you bed lovers can give me some pointers to start.

ducke

TRIBE Member
Log onto SEARS they got some good sales on with some extra discounts for online / phone order. What should have cost about $1200 ended up costing us about 7and change.

Might have a power nap on my new comfy cozy bed.

It took a long time for me to part with my Futon but so HAPPY it's sitting @ the curb wrapped in plastic.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I want a new bed! I threw out my old queen size because I was moving too much and didn't have anywhere to keep it. I think beds should totally be an investment compared with other stuff, I learned after sleeping on a couch for a summer that it really affects your quality of life.