• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

new Aphex Twin album SYRO

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Aphex Twin Announces New Album SYRO Via the Deep Web
By Evan Minsker on August 18, 2014 at 12:05 p.m. EDT

First new album since 2001

A green blimp with the number "2014" and the Aphex Twin logo appeared in London's skies this weekend. The Aphex Twin logo then appeared all over New York City. Go ahead and get full-on excited about that now, because Richard D. James has just announced SYRO, his first Aphex Twin LP since 2001's Drukqs. It was announced via Tor, the deep web browser typically used for the internet's more clandestine pursuits.

This morning, James tweeted a URL that only works with the Tor browser. The link revealed the above image, as well as what appears to be a tracklist. You can look at that below. We can confirm that all of this information: the image, the album title, and the tracklist, are all real and official.

There's also this site, accessible using a regular browser, containing everything but the title and tracklist: http://syro2eznzea2xbpi.com/

Aphex Twin Announces New Album SYRO Via the Deep Web | News | Pitchfork

Primavera

TRIBE Member
fucking right!

was very excited to hear about this a few days ago. the Analord series was good but he is long long long overdue for a new full length album.

hopefully he decides to do some shows, he hasn't played Toronto since like 1997, hasn't even played North America since Coachella in 2008.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Truth

TRIBE Member
released 22/23 September 2014 on triple vinyl, CD, digital formats, and limited vinyl

tracklisting

01. minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix] [aka the manchester track]
02. XMAS_EVET10 [120][thanaton3 mix]
03. produk 29 [101]
04. 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26]
05. 180db_ [130]
06. CIRCLONT6A [141.98][syrobonkus mix]
07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85]
08. CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix]
09. syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix]
10. PAPAT4 [155][pineal mix]
11. s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix]
12. aisatsana [102]

Warp / Records / Aphex Twin / New Album 'Syro'

Primavera

TRIBE Member
released 22/23 September 2014 on triple vinyl, CD, digital formats, and limited vinyl

tracklisting

01. minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix] [aka the manchester track]
02. XMAS_EVET10 [120][thanaton3 mix]
03. produk 29 [101]
04. 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26]
05. 180db_ [130]
06. CIRCLONT6A [141.98][syrobonkus mix]
07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85]
08. CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix]
09. syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix]
10. PAPAT4 [155][pineal mix]
11. s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix]
12. aisatsana [102]

Warp / Records / Aphex Twin / New Album 'Syro'
stoked! can't wait to try and fail to tell people the names of my favorite tracks on the album.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
stoked! can't wait to try and fail to tell people the names of my favorite tracks on the album.
I'll help you.

Just about all the track names are pieces of music equipment.here ya go:
Akai S950-sampler
Cirklon (altered spelling)-sequencer
Korg Minipops-synth
WASR-keyboard
Tx16-rack unit

I know this because I own this sequencer and there has been some discussion regarding this in the Cirklon forum. The developer is pretty stoked about this. I know I would be.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
I'll help you.

Just about all the track names are pieces of music equipment.here ya go:
Akai S950-sampler
Cirklon (altered spelling)-sequencer
Korg Minipops-synth
WASR-keyboard
Tx16-rack unit

I know this because I own this sequencer and there has been some discussion regarding this in the Cirklon forum. The developer is pretty stoked about this. I know I would be.
You just get the Cirklon how do you like it?

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Did he add beats per minute into the titles?
It seems like it, but i can't say for sure. The Cirklon displays bpms to the first decimal place. Ie 142.1. Earlier I thought it did it to the second decimal place but I just checked the machine when i arrived home. Only the first. That doesn't mean he did not use a different app to clock the bpms.

I am not sure what else those numbers could mean.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
You just get the Cirklon how do you like it?
No I've owned it 3 years and 21 days now. :D Its fantastic. Best instrument ever.

How is your MidiBox? Fully functioning now? We have discussed sequencers here before. I guess you have forgotten.

Have you seen the new Gotharman sequencer? Looks pretty cool. Sort of like a miniDaw with a dedicated interface.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
No I've owned it 3 years and 21 days now. :D Its fantastic. Best instrument ever.

How is your MidiBox? Fully functioning now? We have discussed sequencers here before. I guess you have forgotten.

Have you seen the new Gotharman sequencer? Looks pretty cool. Sort of like a miniDaw with a dedicated interface.
Yep it is all working now I got everything finalized yesterday... One midi cable was bad which was causing some grief but after I replaced it voila... Just need to learn it and figure out a good work flow... Have not seen the Gotharam but will check it out... After MIDIbox I cant see my self buying another sequencer for a long time...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Truth

TRIBE Member
A series of listening events for fans to hear Aphex Twin's new album 'Syro' have been announced.

The events will take place around the world between September 5 and 10, starting in London and taking place in cities including Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto and Brussels. The final listening party will happen in Utrecht, Holland, on September 10.

Fans will be able to gain entry to the events by a ticket lottery. Details about the lottery will be made available here from Sunday (August 31).

'Syro' is the follow-up to 2001's 'Drukqs' and will be released on September 22. In a recent interview, the producer – real name Richard James – said that the album wouldn't be a one-off record, asserting that the project has him "kicked into gear".

NME News Aphex Twin announces international listening parties for new album 'Syro' | NME.COM