• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Allen & Heath mixer XONE 92

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
^^^ my sentiment exactly...

Pioneer, IMO had only one good thing for it - a nice ergonomic layout with individual channel LEDs

Now, the behringer el-ripoff DJM500 has the same thing - with possibly suspect components...but for the price? can you actually go wrong?

And this A&H has a similar look / spacing ... but c'mon...A&H > Pioneer for component quality on DJ mixers any day of the week.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DeepSix
^^^ my sentiment exactly...

Pioneer, IMO had only one good thing for it - a nice ergonomic layout with individual channel LEDs

Now, the behringer el-ripoff DJM500 has the same thing - with possibly suspect components...but for the price? can you actually go wrong?

And this A&H has a similar look / spacing ... but c'mon...A&H > Pioneer for component quality on DJ mixers any day of the week.

I agree:

All I say is if you cant hear the difference between the two or even say a new RANE then either you are of the hearing disabled and can not actually hear the music, or your components are so shiat that it does not matter. :confused: :)

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
question

questions re: midi feature...

a:
if the mixer is switched to midi mode does that mean all/each of the controls on the mixer can be assigned to control a specific feature (i.e. any of the knobs/faders in Live)? or is there only a select channel or two that one is able to use for midi control?

b:
would i be able to switch back an forth between midi throughout a set/performance?

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I think the MIDI feature only generates midi timecode for timing, I don't think you can use the mixer as a Midi controler ... but it would be cool if you could.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
thanks for the quick reply ;)

i figured it would be too good to be true...

so by getting Hawtin to endorse it in the press release they will sell a few more under false pretenses (i'm sure many will think it's the commercial 'control edition xone 62')...great marketing ;)

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Simplistik
they will sell a few more under false pretenses
I don't think it's false pretenses. There have been DJ mixers with MIDI before this, and they were always just for timing. I think most will naturaly assume this one does the same.

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
^^^
true
i only read one article on the subjet and it just came across a little odd. upon more research i realized that i was a little of base with that statement
;)

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
poop

just took a closer look at the xfader curve and i don't think it'll be able to get down to scratch mixer type curves...

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
poop

just took a closer look at the xfader curve and i don't think it'll be able to get down to scratch mixer type curves...
Even my 64 though it was clean was a little lagging compared to some other mixers I have used for scratching. But the sound quality is a whole other issue.

Now if they only built a mixer like the V6 that got rid of shit op amps for once.

I am thinking maybe its time I started to build my own stuff....

:D

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
i'm looking at the info sheet though and it says suitable for scratch mixing.
If you want a clean battle mixer try the XONE:02
Lbo tells me that the cuts are pretty sharp and it still retains that A&H quality!

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
thing is Mike, I'm looking for a good combo - the Rane Empath is possibly the only thing that's close...

but the 92 just looks soooo sweeeet.

I mix house and garage, but often in a UK kinda style (i.e. more like hop hop mixing). So sharp fader cuts would be beneficial.

I'm waiting to get my hands on the 92 to judge for myself.

I'm in no way a great tablist...but want the options to become one without having to get another mixer.

Sigh...I should just get 'em both...lol