• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

new 40gig ipods=boat anchors

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
mine get light use. i use it about 1/2 hour a day mostly for MP3s and if they can't take that, what is the point?

I think they rushed these suckers to market for Xmas so fast that quality control went out the window.

Sure, they look cool, but they have to at least work...

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
dammit, I just got a 40 gig a few days ago... I haven't used it yet... I'm not really feeling up to a computer battle. :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I've had one for 3 months (thankyousanta) and I use it for about 4-5 hours a day. I've never had a problem with it. What keeps breaking on yours?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
quality control went out the window.

To be honest I have some serious issues with the quality of all apple portable products.

Some very poor quality iBooks out there as well.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheap Ego
seriously... spend the extra cash and get an iRiver ihp instead...pure class.

iRiver and iPod are about the same price. Tearer has an iRiver and I have an iPod and it doesn't seem that there is much 'class' difference to me.

but I'm happy with my 10G iPod :) sometimes the newest isn't the best

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
My old G2 ipod 20 gig is amazing but these new ones suck.

It took me a full hour on the phone to sort out the return of this one for service. You are supposed to be able to do it online, but those parts of the apple site are down with javascript and asp errors.

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
If you like going to the trouble of ID3ing every mp3 in your library, and installing proprietary software, be my guest.

Personally, I prefer the versatility of a player that acts pretty much like a portable HD with mp3 software built into its interface..

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by alexd
My old G2 ipod 20 gig is amazing but these new ones suck.

It took me a full hour on the phone to sort out the return of this one for service. You are supposed to be able to do it online, but those parts of the apple site are down with javascript and asp errors.

Apples' site uses ASP?!
LOL

:D :D :D

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
Alex, yes there are issues with http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod

call up apple technical support and setup a dispatch. They will be more than helpfull to set up a mail in dispatch and get your iPod fixed or replaced.

iPods come with a year hardware warantee, so no matter what, you're not up the creek, they'll get you all set back up in no time