• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Never going to the States again

tayo

TRIBE Member
As if the black-clad airport guards with M-16 assault rifles were'nt unnerving enough, now they've started fingerprinting everyone and they have plans for retinal scans, voice pattern recordings, walking gait analysis and hand-dimension measurements.
No more Land of the Free for me, if i need a vacation I'm going to Peterborough. :p
 

squirrely

TRIBE Member
when i went to miami, dudes with machine gun thingies glared at me while someone in a suit inspected my flip-flops.

my FLIP-FLOPS.


how much can you hide in a FLIP-FLOP?




(ok i have just realised what a fucking hilarious word "flip-flop" is.)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Imajica

TRIBE Member
I went to new york for this new years and one of the first things I saw was police officers armed with fully atomatic assult rifles standing on the the street. This was on the 29th of december. . you would not believe the security checkpoints and police roadblocks on new years!! For anyone thinking of it in the future; times square in new york isn't woth the hasstle!
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Imajica
I went to new york for this new years and one of the first things I saw was police officers armed with fully atomatic assult rifles standing on the the street. This was on the 29th of december. . you would not believe the security checkpoints and police roadblocks on new years!! For anyone thinking of it in the future; times square in new york isn't woth the hasstle!



Okay check out the club district in TO the friday of Caribanna. Before 911 already they were walking down the streets with automatic weapons in Canada.

You can't go to a football game in italy without seeing automatic weapons. The superbowl will have automatic weapons.

Hell I argue that carletons frosh week could hav used automatic weapons back when I went through it...
 

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Imajica
I went to new york for this new years and one of the first things I saw was police officers armed with fully atomatic assult rifles standing on the the street. This was on the 29th of december. . you would not believe the security checkpoints and police roadblocks on new years!! For anyone thinking of it in the future; times square in new york isn't woth the hasstle!

My friends went to NYC for New Years also.
They never noticed any police officers armed though.
They said it was just too crowded and they didn't even see the ball dropping bc there was too many people.
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
Nah he just had a foot fetish and its not like you could say no or anything

The funny thing is, in these times, that's not actually to far-fetched. I'm not a UofT waterboy on the weekends because I have a love of the sport.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
flag2.jpg



thank you...please come again.
 

tayo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
Okay check out the club district in TO the friday of Caribanna. Before 911 already they were walking down the streets with automatic weapons in Canada.

You're just talking about street cops with standard handguns, right? Cause I haven't seen any heavily armed police in Toronto yet.. (I guess they're just around the corner though :( )
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

catilyst

TRIBE Member
So what do people think about this? Will travellers stop going to the states in noticable numbers or will people get used to 'the new norm'?
 

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by catilyst
So what do people think about this? Will travellers stop going to the states in noticable numbers or will people get used to 'the new norm'?

people travelling for business will have no choice.
 

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by catilyst
So what do people think about this? Will travellers stop going to the states in noticable numbers or will people get used to 'the new norm'?

Well I used to go a lot to visit my family down there, but I really don't feel like doing it now.

Almost all of my relatives have been asked to take off their shoes before passing through security.

So, I'm probably not going to visit unless there's a wedding or funeral or something.

We usually take turns anyway, so it's now their turn to visit me (for a long, long time). :)
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
when i went to miami, dudes with machine gun thingies glared at me while someone in a suit inspected my flip-flops.

my FLIP-FLOPS.


how much can you hide in a FLIP-FLOP?




(ok i have just realised what a fucking hilarious word "flip-flop" is.)

Maybe they thought you are the flip flop bomber :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tayo
You're just talking about street cops with standard handguns, right? Cause I haven't seen any heavily armed police in Toronto yet.. (I guess they're just around the corner though :( )

Nope, flak jacket plus automatic sub machione guns
 

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I don't care... I can understand the security and all. I laugh at the whole thing, not because it's a funny situation, but I just try to make the time go as pleasant as I can for me...

When I was coming back from Vegas, I was wearing a Parasuco shit which had belts on the shoulders (a design thing). The lady told me that I might have to take the shirt off so they can scan it...
I laughted and I said "su"re, I don't care if I am naked, I was thinking I would give a heart attack to those old security officers...
 

tayo

TRIBE Member
headlines on CNN this morning:

"Powell unsure if WMDs will be found"

"Safety lapse at [U.S.] nuclear weapons plant"

W......T........F...............
 

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY

When I was coming back from Vegas, I was wearing a Parasuco shit

wow I never knew that even our excrement was subject to hierarchy- is there a big difference between designer and knock off shit?
 

moose-meat

TRIBE Member
If you never go back , do you think they will miss you ?

Let us know if your boycott has any effect on their polocies.:rolleyes:
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top