• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nero

nadine

TRIBE Promoter
I recently tried to burn an audio cd using nero. But everytime i take the cd out of the computer i try to play it, and it it blank. I don't know a lot about computers, but any tips would be helpful...does this have anything to do with burning rights?

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
make sure the cd is placed the right way *LOL* (kidding)

it depends on the blank cd you have. i have nero too at at times the cd's just dont record.

i get those 100 cd's for $30.00 @ factory direct and it happends to me once in a blue moon...

try it again or another blank disc...

bambam

TRIBE Member
nero sucks...its annoying and dodgy...I used to have the same problem...I ended up just using windows media player to burn cds. Its a lot more convenient and reliable.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bambam
nero sucks...its annoying and dodgy...I used to have the same problem...I ended up just using windows media player to burn cds. Its a lot more convenient and reliable.

this is one of the dumbest posts in the history of everything

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Are you "finalizing" the CD?

If you leave the CD open, you won't be able to listen to it until you close it off.

nadine

TRIBE Promoter
I've burned on these cd's before, and they worked fine...but my computer has recently been formatted, and everything had to be reinstalled, I'm worried that this might be a problem as well...:confused:

bambam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
this is one of the dumbest posts in the history of everything

If Im so dumb, maybe you'd like to enlighten me with a reason. Or do you just do unfounded insults?

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
Are you burning to cd or burning to another destination? Sometimes the default is to make an image onto your hard drive instead of a copy.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Your prolly set to "Simulate" or "Test" mode. Look around and make sure that box isnt checked.

As for bambam, that really was one of the stupiest statements I've ever heard.

bambam

TRIBE Member
No, Really. I dont get it. I could never get nero to work on my computer, so I only use windows media player to burn CDs. Obviously you guys know something I dont, so rather than trying to make me feel stupid (which I can do all by myself, thanks) why dont you let me in on your special little secret. I had 3 techs come try and make the damn thing burn CDs on nero (this was 6 months ago) and I just gave up on it.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bambam
If Im so dumb, maybe you'd like to enlighten me with a reason. Or do you just do unfounded insults?

Nero is by many educated accounts the best burning software package in the market.

The insult wasn't unfounded, your post was dumb. Advocating windows media player over nero, or dismissing nero as dodgy (when the problem is most likely between the keyboard and chair) = pretty dumb. Don't take it personally, it was just a joke anyways. If you dig for some resources on cd burning you might find some troubleshooting FAQ's to address what problems you're having. There are a lot of reasons why cd burning can get screwed up that don't necessarily have to do with the software itself.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I think they were commenting on your "nero sucks" comment.

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's bad....maybe you need to hit some forums for advise on what to do.

Is your burner even supported by Nero? Did you check?

Basically, they're saying "don't jump to conclusions unless you have a mat".

:D

nadine

TRIBE Promoter
Are you burning to cd or burning to another destination? Sometimes the default is to make an image onto your hard drive instead of a copy.

there's my problem...thanks

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Your prolly set to "Simulate" or "Test" mode. Look around and make sure that box isnt checked.

As for bambam, that really was one of the stupiest statements I've ever heard.

THAT or you didn't choose the right recorder...you MAY have burned the image onto your drive...happens to me sometimes