• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Neo Citran: The God Beverage

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by L'ilMisSunshine
I've gotta revive this ... I think Neo Citran is THE best shit out there ...

check out the ingredients for the extra strength for cough, cold & flu;

Medicinal Ingredients:
acetaminophen 650 mg (headache & fever relief)
chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg,
pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg, (nasal decongestant)
dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20 mg (cough suppressant)

Pop a couple of these fellas in hot water and it is sweet dreamland and you wake up feeling wayyy better.

Anyone know what the second item (chlorpheniramine maleate)does?

allow me

I have done research on this too since I have been sick a couple of times lately and had to take this flue medicine.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/drugs_view/1,1524,129,00.html

more to the point:

Available In
Tablets, sustained-release capsules, syrup

Why Prescribed
To relieve the symptoms of hay fever and other allergies, and for itching skin and hives.

How It Works
Chlorpheniramine maleate works by blocking the effects of histamine, a naturally occurring substance that causes swelling, itching, sneezing, watery eyes, hives, and other symptoms of allergic reaction.

Range and Frequency
Tablets-- Adults: 4 mg, 3 to 4 times per day as needed, for a maximum dose of 24 mg a day. Sustained-release capsules-- 8 mg every 8 hours, or 12 mg every 12 hours, as needed. Syrup-- Children ages 6 to 12: 2 mg, 3 to 4 times a day, not exceeding 12 mg a day. Children ages 2 to 6: 1 mg every 6 hours.

Onset of Effect
15 to 60 minutes.

Duration of Action
3 to 6 hours for regular form, 8 to 12 hours for sustained-release capsules.
And, this stuff makes me trip out so I only take it at night and listen to some trip out prog stuff... seriously it makes me trip out.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
when you're sick and need some relief
when you've been on a 2 day coke jag and need to crash
when you need to sleep but you can't
rip'er open x 2, pour, stir, chug, lay down

think happy thoughts

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I'm not feeling well at all today and am considering taking the rest of the day and dosing some neo citrin.

I love it too.

As a kid I once passed out on the way to my room because I downed some neo citrin... My mom found me in the hallway laying on the carpet.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Hope you feel better nicky!

Just remember to use the extra strength cough, cold & flu kind - there are a lot of other types that have different things in them as well as levels of ingredients.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Is paul sick too?

Like WTF.... I've never been so sick as I have been since Xmas.

I'm normally super healthy... but now I get my arse kicked by every little virus that passes by.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
I think paul is ok.

And I know what you mean! I'm thinking about going to a holistic doctor to discuss boosting my immune system.

I'm sick of being sick.

ian

TRIBE Member
I usually get sicka few times every winter, but this winter I havn't been sick once. I got the flu shot. I'm thinking it actually works.

Odd thing though, I felt like shit after I got it, and then I got sick (in the fall) so I wasn't pleased.

kuba

TRIBE Member
^^I also got the flu shot, but it has helped. Knockonwood, so far I've only had one decently bad cold, which was helped by a night of mushroom tea. Otherwise I've been ok BUT- have before been very sick every year.

So far so good. I've also been partying much less.

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
Little bit of trivia:

The company Sandoz makes neo Citran. One of their other famous products is LSD ;) Albert Hoffman worked there.
I beleive Kellogg's bought the manufacturing rights from Sandoz some time in the mid to late 80's, and do most of the manufacturing in their London, ON, plant now.

SO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!

;)

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mrs. Pink
I beleive Kellogg's bought the manufacturing rights from Sandoz some time in the mid to late 80's, and do most of the manufacturing in their London, ON, plant now.

SO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!

;)
OH SNAP!!!**

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

zoo

TRIBE Member
FYI there is lots of misinformation about DEXTROMETHORPHAN in this thread

during my 2 week illness i ingested alot of DM cough syrup and did indeed feel the effects of it, and decided to investigate

the best resource by far has been:

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/

you can get high from it, but necessary dosages are surprisingly high, effects vary from person to person, most people hate the effects, and it's very dangerous to try without understanding exactly what you are ingesting along with it

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big Cheese
when you're sick and need some relief
when you've been on a 2 day coke jag and need to crash
when you need to sleep but you can't
rip'er open x 2, pour, stir, chug, lay down

think happy thoughts
lets go neotrippin!

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mrs. Pink

SO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!

;)
Whatev. . . it says Sandoz on the package doll face.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
you can get high from it, but necessary dosages are surprisingly high, effects vary from person to person, most people hate the effects, and it's very dangerous to try without understanding exactly what you are ingesting along with it

yeah I've read up on using DXM to get high and it sounds like some fucked up shit ... that website is a great resource for those interested though.

peko

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jeffsus
I feel terrible, but this neo-citran seriously always eases the pain.

I don't even need to put any brandy in it (though surely that couldn't hurt)

Who else is sick?
I need sympathy.

Who will rub my back?

-jM
A&D
I'm getting a cold. I've been eyeing my neo, but holding out. It KNOCKS me OUT for HOURS! It makes me feel good, but sick.

DON'T mix brandy - very bad for you I would think.

Could you change the channel? I'm tired of cartoons.

Does anyone find that Advil Cold & Sinus makes your heart race or flutter? I do, can't take that shazzaz.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
bumping cuz I want all the NeoCitran junkies to go out there and buy some. Then I want you to tell me if they changed the god damn recipe. It's not nearly citran-y enough, and it leaves a god awful aftertaste.

Also...

okay so I just read the label for the first time today. There are actually drugs in this? I thought is was just a bunch of extra spicy tang served in hot water.

Anyway, I'm thoroughly disappointed. I want the 90's Neo Citran back.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Cherry ones are also terrible.

Coming home from clubbing in the winter when my bronchitis is acting up I make this.

2x Neo Citron
1 Part hot water
1 Part hot vodka
1 Doobie
1 Bed

ian

TRIBE Member
okay so I just read the label for the first time today. There are actually drugs in this? I thought is was just a bunch of extra spicy tang served in hot water.
There have always been drugs in it. Powerful ones. Don't drink it if you've been drinking unless you want liver damage.

erika

TRIBE Member
It's blech
Sickly sweet
Quasi-nauseating
I prefer my homegrown remedy of hot water, lemon, honey, cayenne and a drop of rum.