1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Neo Citran: The God Beverage

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jeffsus, Dec 15, 2003.

1. chipotle

chipotle Well-Known TRIBEr

allow me

I have done research on this too since I have been sick a couple of times lately and had to take this flue medicine.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/drugs_view/1,1524,129,00.html

more to the point:

And, this stuff makes me trip out so I only take it at night and listen to some trip out prog stuff... seriously it makes me trip out.

2. L'ilMisSunshine

L'ilMisSunshine TRIBE Member

opps - yeah that was the first page to come up when I googled it too.

3. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

when you're sick and need some relief
    when you've been on a 2 day coke jag and need to crash
    when you need to sleep but you can't
    rip'er open x 2, pour, stir, chug, lay down

think happy thoughts

4. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I'm not feeling well at all today and am considering taking the rest of the day and dosing some neo citrin.

I love it too.

As a kid I once passed out on the way to my room because I downed some neo citrin... My mom found me in the hallway laying on the carpet.

5. L'ilMisSunshine

Hope you feel better nicky!

Just remember to use the extra strength cough, cold & flu kind - there are a lot of other types that have different things in them as well as levels of ingredients.

6. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Yah,... I'm contemplating leaving work right now and becoming a vegetable for the rest of the night.

7. L'ilMisSunshine

that is exactly what I did yesterday and it made me so much beter by this morning. 'cept my stupid watery eyes and runny nose .... icky!

8. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Is paul sick too?

Like WTF.... I've never been so sick as I have been since Xmas.

I'm normally super healthy... but now I get my arse kicked by every little virus that passes by.

9. L'ilMisSunshine

I think paul is ok.

And I know what you mean! I'm thinking about going to a holistic doctor to discuss boosting my immune system.

I'm sick of being sick.

10. ian

ian TRIBE Member

I usually get sicka few times every winter, but this winter I havn't been sick once. I got the flu shot. I'm thinking it actually works.

Odd thing though, I felt like shit after I got it, and then I got sick (in the fall) so I wasn't pleased.

11. L'ilMisSunshine

I did get the flu shot and it hasn't helped me at all.

12. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

^^I also got the flu shot, but it has helped. Knockonwood, so far I've only had one decently bad cold, which was helped by a night of mushroom tea. Otherwise I've been ok BUT- have before been very sick every year.

So far so good. I've also been partying much less.

13. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

I beleive Kellogg's bought the manufacturing rights from Sandoz some time in the mid to late 80's, and do most of the manufacturing in their London, ON, plant now.

SO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!

;)

14. CLUSTER

CLUSTER TRIBE Member

OH SNAP!!!**

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

15. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

FYI there is lots of misinformation about DEXTROMETHORPHAN in this thread

during my 2 week illness i ingested alot of DM cough syrup and did indeed feel the effects of it, and decided to investigate

the best resource by far has been:

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/

you can get high from it, but necessary dosages are surprisingly high, effects vary from person to person, most people hate the effects, and it's very dangerous to try without understanding exactly what you are ingesting along with it

16. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

lets go neotrippin!

17. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Whatev. . . it says Sandoz on the package doll face.

18. L'ilMisSunshine

yeah I've read up on using DXM to get high and it sounds like some fucked up shit ... that website is a great resource for those interested though.

19. peko

peko TRIBE Member

I'm getting a cold. I've been eyeing my neo, but holding out. It KNOCKS me OUT for HOURS! It makes me feel good, but sick.

DON'T mix brandy - very bad for you I would think.

Could you change the channel? I'm tired of cartoons.

Does anyone find that Advil Cold & Sinus makes your heart race or flutter? I do, can't take that shazzaz.

20. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

bumping cuz I want all the NeoCitran junkies to go out there and buy some. Then I want you to tell me if they changed the god damn recipe. It's not nearly citran-y enough, and it leaves a god awful aftertaste.

Also...

okay so I just read the label for the first time today. There are actually drugs in this? I thought is was just a bunch of extra spicy tang served in hot water.

Anyway, I'm thoroughly disappointed. I want the 90's Neo Citran back.

21. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

make sure you got the right one, i got the honey flavoured ones by mistake and man did they taste like ass

22. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Cherry ones are also terrible.

Coming home from clubbing in the winter when my bronchitis is acting up I make this.

2x Neo Citron
    1 Part hot water
    1 Part hot vodka
    1 Doobie
    1 Bed

23. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

no one wants your remedy ;)

24. ian

ian TRIBE Member

There have always been drugs in it. Powerful ones. Don't drink it if you've been drinking unless you want liver damage.

25. erika

erika TRIBE Member

It's blech
    Sickly sweet
    Quasi-nauseating
    I prefer my homegrown remedy of hot water, lemon, honey, cayenne and a drop of rum.