• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

NEIL YOUNG on DAILY SHOW tonight!

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
i should really watch the daily show. i like john steward. i enjoyed his book. im usually still up at midnight anyways. it just makes sense.

b

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dig this

TRIBE Member
Stormshadow said:
Good interview. Neil seemed more with it than he had been lately.
I really want to see 'Heart of Gold' now.
didn't seem as shakey as he has in the past...

Is it just me or is Neil in the public eye way mor often nowadays???

4 consecutive nights on Conan O'Brian
Musical Guest on SNL (and one amazing skit)
New movie in theatres
Guest on Jon Stewart.

I don't remeber seeing him in so many mainstream outlets... It's nice to see.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
dig this said:
didn't seem as shakey as he has in the past...

Is it just me or is Neil in the public eye way mor often nowadays???

4 consecutive nights on Conan O'Brian
Musical Guest on SNL (and one amazing skit)
New movie in theatres
Guest on Jon Stewart.

I don't remeber seeing him in so many mainstream outlets... It's nice to see.

he's promoting the movie that's in theatres.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Did anyone catch the classic SNL from the weekend with Neil on it? He was rocking out hard with Toronto Maple Leafs patches on his ripped Levi jeans.

He did not one, but two numbers in one block. That's just how he rolls.

For some reason all the hype around songwriters like Chris Martin and Bono seems to trite when Neil is rocking out in the free world still. Without at doubt one of the most important rock musicians alive in the world today.

dig this

TRIBE Member
Sunshyne Jones said:
he's promoting the movie that's in theatres.
true, but he didn't do all this when Greendale came out... Seems as if he's doing more promotion than usual. Just an observation.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
nothing of any significance whatsoever was said. Bit of a letdown.

Stewart wasn't about to ask Young about his pro-Bush views, lest they both suffer losses in cool points.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dig this

TRIBE Member
kerouacdude said:
nothing of any significance whatsoever was said. Bit of a letdown.

Stewart wasn't about to ask Young about his pro-Bush views, lest they both suffer losses in cool points.
young is pro-bush?? something i would have never thought.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
kerouacdude said:
Wasnt that Reagan back in the day?

I dont seem to recall anything good said about Bush in RS's Yound piece of a few months ago...

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Found a few thihgs w/ google:

Neils' flip flopping

"[T]o protect freedom it seems that we're going to have to relinquish some of our freedoms for a short period of time," Young said of the Patriot Act back in Dec. 2001. "But it's temporary, and we can't forget that it's temporary." [NewsMax.com] But by May, 2003, the Canadian icon was singing a different tune. "It's not what we thought we were gonna be doing, a lot of the people's civil rights have been compromised, and we don't know what's going on. . . I'm not very happy with the state of things. Music is being banned, and we have people in control of the radio stations who are the same people in control of the concert halls. They're also tied into the [US] administration and are sponsoring pro-war rallies. It's not good," Young said. [The Guardian]

"This is a time, I believe, of great inner turmoil for the majority of the American people. There is a new morality coming out of this administration -- fundamentalist religious views; a holier-than-thou attitude towards the rest of the world -- that is not classically American. I don't think Americans felt holier-than-thou in the twentieth century. We were happy and successful, with a great lifestyle. But something else is going on now." -- Neil Young, Rolling Stone, Aug. 21, 2003

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
neil has flip flopped on just about any point he ever made....and gone back and flipped again afterwards.
the uy is wack.
but he's awesome.

I think that daily show interview is the first televised interview he has done since MUCHMUSIC gave him a whole day as a VJ back in the early 90's (the day wa called "NEIL TV").

never realized that i had never really heard him talk until i saw him talk.

he's the best.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
Did anyone catch the classic SNL from the weekend with Neil on it? He was rocking out hard with Toronto Maple Leafs patches on his ripped Levi jeans.

He did not one, but two numbers in one block. That's just how he rolls.

For some reason all the hype around songwriters like Chris Martin and Bono seems to trite when Neil is rocking out in the free world still. Without at doubt one of the most important rock musicians alive in the world today.
yes i did catch it.
10/10 performance.
and yes...neither bono nor martin hold a candle to neil young (neil is a better and more versatile songwriter, guitar player, piano player, rocker, crooner, star, etc etc).
the only guy i can think of that might be in NEIL's realm is BOB DYLAN,....and Dylan has been quoted as saying that he can't play with neil because neil is just too powerful. in other words, Bob concedes to neil.
(but neil has said many wonderful things about bob too).

You don't know music until you have really dived headfirst into neil's catalogue.

dig this

TRIBE Member
sweetdaddy said:
yes i did catch it.
10/10 performance.
and yes...neither bono nor martin hold a candle to neil young (neil is a better and more versatile songwriter, guitar player, piano player, rocker, crooner, star, etc etc).
the only guy i can think of that might be in NEIL's realm is BOB DYLAN,....and Dylan has been quoted as saying that he can't play with neil because neil is just too powerful. in other words, Bob concedes to neil.
(but neil has said many wonderful things about bob too).

You don't know music until you have really dived headfirst into neil's catalogue.
I've started to read "Shaky" (Neil's Biography)... It tells stories of how Bob would (relunctantly) invite Neil to play a few songs on stage with him... By the end of the night it would be Bob playing with Neil, rather than Neil playing with Bob. Dylan would only be relunctant to invite Neil cause he knew exactly that that was gonna happen.