• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Needy people vs Loners?

Preroller

TRIBE Member
not too sure how to word that title...

Anyway, what type of person are you?

I barely remember the last "relationship" I was in longer then a few dates...hmmmJeez, its got to be like 4 years ago at least. Crazy. I have always had lots of great friends and never really feel the need to go out and pursue a girl. I also have enough issues with being really picky when it comes to women. It seems I can always find some flaw that makes them seem unattractive to me, usually something really stupid and petty.

some random thoughts...

I have a problem with attracting the 'wrong' type of girl. I will be turning 29 in a month and I could still pass for high school (when I shave ;) ), still get id'd all the time. So the big issue with this is im at a different stage then most of the girls who approach me ie, I'm looking to buy a house, get on with life and so on...while they are still in university or things like that, not looking for the same thing I am. That being said, I still like to go out and have fun, and find that MOST women around 30(and in my area) are already married or don't particularly like to 'party'.

I'm finding it super hard to even meet new girls. I have pretty much stopped going out to bars and thats not really the greatest place to meet people IMO. I've been racking my brain on what kind of activities to pursue to meet people, but by the time I work 10-11 hours a day, come home at 8:30, im ready to just chill and watch a hockey game and hit the sack. I wil be starting a new job soon, so I'll be done work earlier, but it will still be 11 hour days plus travel, so its gonna be 6 by the time im home anyway, and I'll still be ready to chill.

I have a 'big city' mentality, if you will, and like to go see DJ's, plays, basically most things you can do in TO or maybe London, but not in Stratford or St. Mary's(yes, I realize we have a world class theatre in Stratford)...BUT, I don't have any desire to live in those places. I have a nice little fishing boat and canoe, mountain bike, and basically enjoy tons of outdoors activities, that are easily accessable in these smaller towns. So it's nice to come to the city to party, but I'd rather live in a suberb or smaller town close by. Anyway, I find that more often then not most of the girls that live here are kinda lame-o, or hicks, just not my type. sure maybe theres a diamond in the rough, but generally speaking.

Not having a car right now really sucks. Soon that will change, but for now, that also makes it difficult to get out and do anything other then within a 5 km radius.

So, I have a few friends the EXACT same as I am right now. I have a few who are the exact opposite. It seems they can hardly go a week or two between realationships. Really I am ok with being alone, I always manage to have a good time, wheather its with my friends or by myself. But ya know, it would be nice to have a special someone.

So, what kind of person are you? anyone have the same sort of problems, that they might be able to provide some insight? What kinds of things could I check out this summer to meet some new people? anyone have any experiance with living a few hours away from your honey and how did that work out?

longest post by me evar. ;)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

zoo

TRIBE Member
don't be afraid to date girls that don't share common interests ... it might be you that introduces them to certain things they never knew they loved

my girlfriend had never been to an opera before i took her ... i had never been camping before she took me

it just sounds like you're "ruling out" the deepest part of the dating pool just because they don't know who Paul Oakenfold is, or live in Lindsay, Ontario

:)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
don't compromise, dave.

did you ever think about lava life or something? finding people in your area who are just as disenfranchised with the local bar scene and long for something more cultured but still maintain a bond to small town living in certain respects is no easy task.

you're down with tribe so why not check out some online dating sites where you can sort through interests more easily?

i've never done it myself but if i was single and in your situation i'd give er' a go.

:)

Gunark

TRIBE Member
The idea of being 30 and single kind of scares me (I turned 24 last week).

If it's this hard to meet girls while I'm still in university, I can only imagine what it'll be like six years from now when half my friends are married and work is my only regular social connection.

Scary stuff I tell ya.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah

did you ever think about lava life or something? finding people in your area who are just as disenfranchised with the local bar scene and long for something more cultured but still maintain a bond to small town living in certain respects is no easy task.

For a second there I tought you were being funny and quoting Lavalife marketing material :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gunark

If it's this hard to meet girls while I'm still in university, I can only imagine what it'll be like six years from now when half my friends are married and work is my only regular social connection.

Scary stuff I tell ya.

No way.
In university, they take their tops off.
When you're 30, they take their tops off WITHOUT having to funnel.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
We cordially invite our friends and loved ones to witness and share the event of our lives: the marriage of Gunny and Sunny!

If love in the form of intimate companionship is the ultimate complement to the fear and misery instilled in us from the beginning of life from all the powers that be, then we are doomed to never find our true selves through independence, self-respect and enlightening processes.

We are all alone. It's just a matter if one can truly recognize it for its sublimity.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gunark

Scary stuff I tell ya.

See this is one of the biggest problems, working in construction, the only people at your work are guys, and yes, at least 3/4 of my close friends are married with kids, so they arent so good for setting me up anymore.

Good point there zoo, maybe I"M missing out on something, i never thought I'd like...still, most of them listen to the music I like, and go eeeeewwwwwwww, why do you like that crap, and I'm really sick of trying to explain it to people who 'don't get it'