• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Need your assistance!! Help a fellow breaker out

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
This was already posted in the General forum but I'm looking specifically for break cds.

Well about 2 weeks ago I was woken up with some loud knocking on my bedroom door. It was my roomate yelling "Kevin wake up!!!!!" In shock I jumped out of bed and ran to open the door. She then tells me that my car was broken into.

"FUCK!!!!!" was the first thing that went through my mind. So I put on a jacket and ran to the back to where my car is parked, only to see that my driver side window has been smashed to pieces. I look inside to only find broken pieces of glass and nothing else. I had nothing of monetary value in my car. The stereo was factory and nothing has been done to the car. BUT they decided to steal my whole cd collection. Most of the cds were either given to me or was copied (dj sets). Nothing was resellable as they were all CDRS.

The reason I'm telling you this story is that I'm asking to see if people would like to donate copies of breaks/house/techno cds to me. Either upload them to a server or better yet in have them in cdr form . There were over 50 cds in my car that is now probably being used for coasters.

You help is much apprecitated as I have been listening to the god damn radio for the last week.

NineFootGiant

TRIBE Member
Anything in particular you're looking for? I'm up to about 80 gigs of mp3s with a good majority of that being complete dj sets. Get me a list and I'll see what I can dig up.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Shug

TRIBE Member
People suck. Why would they steal CDRs?

It's almost like, "Well, while I'm here, seeing as how there's nothing of fiscal value, I have to fuck over this anonymous person SOMEHOW, in order to make myself feel better for being a loser..."

I had a friend make off with my Radionet 2001 Big League Chu set on CD. I loved that set. /weep

Thieves suck tech boOlz. Except in D&D format. Then they rule.

Um, you can disregard that last part.

(I swear I'm cool, no, really guys...)

o0Ira0o

TRIBE Member
Great set Shug.

if nobody has it in digital format, I have the actual tape still.
so worse comes to worst I can help you out.

ez,

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Shug
People suck. Why would they steal CDRs?

It's almost like, "Well, while I'm here, seeing as how there's nothing of fiscal value, I have to fuck over this anonymous person SOMEHOW...
exactly why i dislike people. greed corrupts ALL people at one time or another. thinking about becoming a hermit personally..

Originally posted by His Holiness, the XIV Dalai Lama

All suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, of love and compassion, and elimination of ignorance, selfishness, and greed.
if only people would listen..

on a brighter note, if you need a copy of the radionet mix, i'd be happy to provide you with one.

~decepticon~

TRIBE Promoter
my car was also broken into about 4 months ago and they stole $4 in my ashtray and my ashtray LOL
anywho I also had a huge cd collection but they passed on it so I guess they didnt like my taste in music :(

Shug

TRIBE Member
Yeah, look at it as a compliment! You have taste! The same taste as dirty, dirty, car-robbin' thieves!

If I ask to be a hermit with you, docta.... does defeat the purpose of misanthropy?

Sorry to hijack... on with the offering of sets.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Shug

If I ask to be a hermit with you, docta.... does defeat the purpose of misanthropy?
...i s'pose could use some company in my cave...

i'm not completely misanthropic.. i enjoy communicating with fellow misanthropes.
;)

Colm

TRIBE Member
my brother got his car broken into and about 100 CDs (many writes) were taken. He just labelled them all as ones he purchased and got a free bill at HMV & Virgin. Apparently the insurance people thought they were out of production CDs and asked no questions.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
ya when my car was broken into they stole a book of cdr's... unfortunately they got the stereo to... fuckers

nusty

TRIBE Member
I would mail you everything I have but I had a similar problem with my computer crash by losing everything. I lost 5 years worth of music collections. :( I deffinatly feel your pain. I hope you get some new and greater stuff soon.
Take care,
Dave