• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

need ipod to pc help..ARRRGGHHH

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
ok have a 10g ipod for pc, have the firewire usb adaptor and hook it up at the back..but nothing happens except it freezes my mouse pointer and I can't do shit..getting ready to toss this thing through the god damn window..am iinstalling the software and stuck on the screen that says please plug your new ipod in so it can be configured... when I hook it up to usb it just freezes...any suggestions? what am I doing worng...
g.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I also had trouble connecting it initially, I kept trying different usb ports until one worked, now it's flawless. Good luck !

KiFe

TRIBE Member
i *suggest* uninstalling all the software you got with your ipod....

reboot.

re-install your USB drivers (or motherboard drivers)

reboot.

install iTUNES

reboot.

plug in your ipod

profit.

-----
hopefully it will be that easy.... i had an infuriating time getting my ipod to work with windows.. but finally... it did... it just aint easy.

hopefully, those steps, done in that order should at least give you a good start... and you probably don't need any of the bundled ipod software itself.

if that doesnt work... google for 'ipod windows help forum' or something along these lines.

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
try "ipod lounge" - there's forums there with tons of FAQS and stuff. you'll probably find a solution.

i had no probs with my musicmatch, but i hated the program, so switched to ephpod - a much more streamlined and straightforward interface.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
so frustrating... I am running xp, have tried this on my lap top and and my computer here at work..both same problem... thanks for the advice..guess I will try that.
g.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
What if you wanna transfer all 10 gigs at once?

Its beneficial, thats for sure. And a soulution to the problem.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
yeah I tried plugging it into a firewire port here at work and it did recognize it, with my usb it nothing happens... jsut freezes the mouse.
g.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Chubbs
What if you wanna transfer all 10 gigs at once?

Its beneficial, thats for sure. And a soulution to the problem.
2-3 minutes, I can tie my shoes while I wait

but yeah, no question that it was designed for, and works better with firewire

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
how much?
I got a firewire PCI card for $50
and I don't have to screw around with USB adaptors for my iPod, which I bet are close to 50 bucks too!

I never had any issues getting iTunes/iPod working on my PC.

and the firewire is superfast.

Throwing it out the window is an option too. PM me your address first though.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
it takes you 2-3 minutes to tie your shoes? :p
over, under, in and out, that's what shoe-tieing's all about.

then pause to reflect on a job well done

juice

TRIBE Member
iPod mini comes with a lot of fun new games. Like music trivia where it selects random bits from songs on your iPod and then plays them and you scroll through a list of 4 songs as fast as you can to click on the right answer. You're awarded points for how fast you can identify the song. I know that doesn't solve your initial question but that's ok because 4 other people already gave you answers that will work.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I got the adaptor... now my comp won't install Install Shield... I think I might just get rid of this bloody thing.. it's becoming not worth it.

Check Buy and Sell soon for an unused 40 gig.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
ipod dissapoints another buyer. :(

sorry you had to go through the same pain as i experienced adam.

at least for you it's not too late to re-sell...

go for an iriver120.

i wipe my ass on my ipod.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
Josh (Tearer) just bought that iriver120, it's a 20G. he's pleased with it. it's slightly more bulky than the iPod but apparently it has more features.

I still like my 10G iPod :)

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
Try resetting the iPod

I think you do that by holding down Menu and Play at the same time for a few seconds

if your iPod is still within 90 days of purchase, apple still offers free phone support on solving your windows iPod issue.