• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

!!!NEED INFO 'BOUT iPODs!!!

Four Twenty

TRIBE Member
I'm considering one but wondered if the rumour was true about the battery dying out after 18 months, and also if the sound quality on it is good, NEED FEEDBACK ! Thanx a bunch :)

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
sound quality is as good as you rip your mp3's into it.. but i have heard some ipods and they put out very good sound quality.

the battery thing... i hope it is not true.. actually.. I would be surprised if mac. hasn't fixed this problem yet.. the complains i read about were mainly from the states and they were with older models.. first generations.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
A few people at my work have testified to their ipods running for 24-36+ months with daily use and still going strong.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I've had my iPod for about 14 months now, with HARD everyday usage (at least 4-6 hours of use a day) and my battery is still pretty good, not as great as it was originally, but I can still get a good 9 or 10 hours of play from a charge, whereas I got maybe 12 when it was new

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
is it possible to replace the battery, without resorting to any sort of prying cases open, removing glues, or sending the device away?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
is it possible to replace the battery, without resorting to any sort of prying cases open, removing glues, or sending the device away?

no.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
I got mine in a trade after some medium use. In the last year I've put it to the worst conditions ever. The battery lasts about 7 or 8 hours on a charge. But it is the older model too.

I would recommend and iPod any day.

jeremy -love my macs- jive

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: !!!NEED INFO 'BOUT iPODs!!!

Originally posted by chipotle
sound quality is as good as you rip your mp3's into it.. but i have heard some ipods and they put out very good sound quality.

Actually, with an iPod you can load it up with wav or aiffs and listen to your tunez in cd quality. I think this is a very cool feature that is frequently overlooked.

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
ipods

ive had my 10Gb for maybe about 7 months, its dope, playback hasnt dropped, sound output is nice, you cannnot get around the replacement charge for the non-interchangeable battery, but creative labs is the only manufacturuer that i am aware of that makes a mp3 player w/ that option.
they are dope, funtionality wise, output is good, even my sennheisers HD-470's dont sound underpowered
[ almost ]

i was thinking of selling mine as i want to buy this laptop off a friend of mine, and i know i would use that more than my ipod, i use it, but not as much as i woulda laptop

ah the woes of not knowing which tech TO buy, bah

anywase, they are dope, get one

peace

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Don't forget the ultimate best feature, they work as portable hard drives with firewire transfer speeds.

Take that PC based mp3 players

jeremy -muahahahaha- jive

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
Don't forget the ultimate best feature, they work as portable hard drives with firewire transfer speeds.

Take that PC based mp3 players

jeremy -muahahahaha- jive

so true so true,

and if your running a mac, you can use it as a boot drive as well

you see, they are just so much better than all the others

:D

p.s. - as well you can format your ipod to be PC , which the others dont do either

juice

TRIBE Member
All you need to know is that iPOD will change your life for the better :) My mini ipod is scheduled to arrive from the states in two weeks and I can't wait :)

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by juice
All you need to know is that iPOD will change your life for the better :) My mini ipod is scheduled to arrive from the states in two weeks and I can't wait :)
i'm thinking of heading down to buffalo sometime to their apple store to pick one up. but it'll have to wait until the rush depletion gets replenished.

how did you order one through the american website and have it shipped up here?

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
i'm thinking of heading down to buffalo sometime to their apple store to pick one up. but it'll have to wait until the rush depletion gets replenished.

how did you order one through the american website and have it shipped up here?
I have family in the US they are just going to FedEx it to me when it arrives. If you order it online you get free shipping and they can laser engrave your name on the back :)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
iPods do change your life for the better.

Prolly the best investment I have ever made.

I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
iPods do change your life for the better.

Prolly the best investment I have ever made.

I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.
For real ... I know I put a smiley face next to it when I said it but I really really mean it. I agree with Conor, it is the single best piece of technology I have ever bought. Fuck if my GF reads this I will never live down all the Mac bashing I've done of her iBook versus my laptop.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
buy a rubber skin for your ipod.

mine was scratched over the display area from just one day of putting it in and out of my pants pocket.

buy a skin.