• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Need help to plan a special occasion

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
My best friend is planning something for me for a VERY VERY special occasion and asked me what I would like to do. I really have no idea. I was wondering if you guys had anything in mind that could help me out. I am really the type of person who'll do anything so I would really like to hear your opinions. I would like to avoid the dinner and dancing routine as it's the most special occasion in my whole life and would like to celebrate it as that.

Thanks!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

kmac

TRIBE Member
Go to a shooting range. I'm not even joking... it's so much fun.

Nothing says special like handling a .357

edit: What's the occasion? That might help people out in recommending activities.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
naked bungee jumping from a tram in the Alps

it's free if you're naked but the resulting rash is uncomfortable

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I say you plan an outting to the strip joint with you as the special guest! Show off what you saved!

:)

okay, i'm shutting up.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
jumping out of a plane in march would be freeeezing.

I say you settle for a get-together, host a party for all your friends and those you care about and have a few drinks and celebrate. Make it part of your plan to go out afterwards, at least those that don't want to go out will have already spent time with you, so they won't have to feel bad about not joining in.

(those were structurally the worst 2 sentences i have ever written)

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
And it's St Paddy's day too!!

Get stinkin drunk like the Irish.

I'd do it.

Only cause I can't right now.

And opium souldjah, congrats on such a milestone.

is it weird i thought you were a guy? :)

I hope whatever you do is amazing.

I'd jump out of a plane, bungee jump, something really crazy.(Although it still might be too cold)

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
ya jumping out of a plane would be too cold. I am so stuck.

Stir-Fry, the thing is is that we pre drink all the time before we go out so it just seems to me like it would be any other night. So I am trying to see what some of yuor crazy ideas would be cos I am drawing a blank.

If I had to plan this for someone else I could probably di it but to be honest I have no fucking idea!

Pr0nstar, uphill skiing is something that we do on a regular basis. I want this to be different. I would rather spend a good chunk of money on something I am going to enjoy and remember for the rest of my life now that I know I am going to look forward to the rest of it.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheer Bear

And opium souldjah, congrats on such a milestone.

is it weird i thought you were a guy? :)

I hope whatever you do is amazing.

Thanks CB, I really couldn't have gotten through this with out the help of my best friend she really made the difference for me. Makes me want to cry that I have a friend like her.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
well i don't know how much time you have but this is my idea...

i would see in you can reserve a floor at a restaurant/bar and hold your own private gathering... you're own party. Get a DJ, a band, maybe if you have some musical friends that would like to perform. Then send invites to all your friends and family who you love. Have a cover charge ... like donate what you can suggested $8 donation thingy...and make it known that the profits will go to a breast cancer charity of your choice.. then take a moment at your party to tell your courageous story and thank the people who have helped you and remind people of the seriousness of this disease and how important it is to get checked, share how much money you raise for your cause....perhaps people who care about you would like to say a few things as well...... and then party it up.... it's simple but i think it's a very powerful message, you'd be helping awareness, giving back and supporting the cause in hopes that this disease can be cured forever...

or you could do something entirely different...LOL...

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'd go for the 'feeling alive' options too: Jump out of a plane. Climb a mountain. Go on Safari. Have sex in the Louvre. Something like that.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
nope not really. There are a lot of cases where a lot of teenagers have contracted the disease. It also doesn't help that it runs in my family along with a ton of other dibilitating diseases.