• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

need girl shopping help

joey

TRIBE Member
I hate shopping.

okay, so i've gone out with this girl twice. nothing serious!!! ya, it's her birthday today. I have no idea what to get for her....

um, ideas?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
jewellery...never fails or a nice dinner or just go out for drinks. If it's nothing serious, don't stress over it, just do something casual.

deevah

TRIBE Member
just get her a nice bouquet of flowers
it's non-committal
she'll be happy that she got flowers, they'll die/fade quickly enough...she can dry them if she wants to keep them or toss 'em out and have no memory of it incase you break up later and she goes psycho

don't get roses

Edit: you can send them to her work too so you're effectively marking your territory to all her male co-workers

Last edited:

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Amy_J said:
jewellery...never fails

are you crazy? 2 dates and he's looking at a few hundred on a present? Do you know what I got my live in gf for her birthday? a phone call... I wasn't even in the province.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
junglegirl said:
if you know what kind of music she likes pick her up a cd

Or burn her a mix CD a la High Fidelity. People love that fucking Cusack guy. Songs she likes, songs you think she'd like....Combine this with something else like some chocolates and you're good to go.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
burning a mix cd is nothing like making a mix tape. Drag and dropping a bunch of songs into nero and pressing burn does not compare to the time and effort that goes into recording song by song onto tape.

joey

TRIBE Member
oh ya. im surprising her at work. but the thing is we kinda work together and im kinda her boss....

also i just started back with this company and dont need to stir up all teh headaches of drama.

deevah

TRIBE Member
joey said:
oh ya. im surprising her at work. but the thing is we kinda work together and im kinda her boss....

also i just started back with this company and dont need to stir up all teh headaches of drama.

don't surprise her @ work then
shit eat don't

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Joey, pick her up one of those cute little necklaces you find in the kiosks in the malls.

You know... they are plastic and only about 20$ or so, you can just say you thought it'd be cute on her.

It's not actual jewelery... it's plastic costume jewelery... and only 20$ or so. Girls love that stuff. And then it's not like the big deal of flowers or actual jewellery.

Girls dig it too... it's all about the cute accessories.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Wiseman said:
burning a mix cd is nothing like making a mix tape. Drag and dropping a bunch of songs into nero and pressing burn does not compare to the time and effort that goes into recording song by song onto tape.

Fine, I amend my suggestion. Make a seamless mashup of all her favourite songs in ableton, then press it to vinyl and get Kenny Glasgow to drop it at the 45557 gigs he is playing this weekend.

vinder

TRIBE Member
joey said:

ahahahahah \m/