• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Need a gardner

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
As the dead plants in my apartment will testify I need some help. I have a planter box on my patio and it needs to be planted. Its 6' x 1' and about a foot deep as well.

Anyone who is interested in doing some gardening, I'll provide transportation and I'll pay for the service please reply with how to get ahold of you.

Thanks

(oh yeah no poppies or canibus plants)

willis

TRIBE Member
Just buy a bag of soil or two. The directions on the seed bag should suffice. If you ever wanna get into more advanced growing, *nudge*wink* Id be happy to set you up :)

mingster

TRIBE Member
I planted my own raspberry bush last summer. It was easy.
Just ask the peeps at Wheel & Cullen.

Hopefully, I'll get more than 3 raspberries this year.

Ming.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
No I'm looking for someone who can setup a planter and design the layout. I'm willing to pay said individual for the work I'm just not compitent at doing it myself.

(hint I need plants that can survive an idiot with no ability to remember to water them (planter does get rain thank god)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
I planted my own raspberry bush last summer. It was easy.
Just ask the peeps at Wheel & Cullen.

Hopefully, I'll get more than 3 raspberries this year.

Ming.

Raspberry plants grow in cycles, I think it takes 2-3 years for them to mature to fruit in season properly, then you can expect a solid 5 years of harvesting twice maybe three times a year (mid to end-ish of the year) then they'll stop fruiting for another 2-3 years et al. They do wonderfully with LOTS of compost of rich soil.

Rob

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
No I'm looking for someone who can setup a planter and design the layout. I'm willing to pay said individual for the work I'm just not compitent at doing it myself.

(hint I need plants that can survive an idiot with no ability to remember to water them (planter does get rain thank god)

Outdoor planter? Lots of sun (if you're in an apartment I'd assume as much)? I'd suggest nasturtiums, they're like a trailing vine type plant with pretty flowers in the fall, you can eat the leaves too they're peppery and go well in salads. They grow like weeds you might have to trim once in a while so they don't overgrow your downstairs neighbor. Just plant the seeds.

Rob

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
gardeners are like pool boys... they always get it on with their employers...
I think he's really looking for love ;):p

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheeka
gardeners are like pool boys... they always get it on with their employers...
I think he's really looking for love ;):p

Thanks for the vote of confidance, but I already have a maid service. I just want someone who knows how to garden, I'm perfectly willing to drive them around, I'll pick up all the costs, and I'll pay them for the time effort and design.

Seriously its no scam hell pick your poison of choice and I'll make sure there is some on hand, all I need is someone who is more talented than I in this regard.

hmm why is raspberry mush keeps on bringing dirty thoughts to my mind, damn you mingster!!!

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
hmm why is raspberry mush keeps on bringing dirty thoughts to my mind, damn you mingster!!!

She has raspberry mush that comes from her bush.hmmmmmm...

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
What can I say I just can't keep my mind out of the gutter, personally I blame this on the weather. Actually know I blame this on mingster, you evil temptress raspberry jam maker you.

- Thread on kilts
- Thread on animals and they're involvement in mid western US sex lives

Yup and now my thread on gardening has gone that way too.

joey

TRIBE Member
out front garden has been obsolete for the past two years....

i think i might make it look pretty this summer...

would that make me gay? :) ?

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje

Raspberry plants grow in cycles, I think it takes 2-3 years for them to mature to fruit in season properly, then you can expect a solid 5 years of harvesting twice maybe three times a year (mid to end-ish of the year) then they'll stop fruiting for another 2-3 years et al. They do wonderfully with LOTS of compost of rich soil.

Rob
Originally posted by echootje

Outdoor planter? Lots of sun (if you're in an apartment I'd assume as much)? I'd suggest nasturtiums, they're like a trailing vine type plant with pretty flowers in the fall, you can eat the leaves too they're peppery and go well in salads. They grow like weeds you might have to trim once in a while so they don't overgrow your downstairs neighbor. Just plant the seeds.

Rob

I think you've found your gardener Ditto much.

Y'all don't know how hard I'm biting my tongue right now! :D Mwehehehee!

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Excellent, send me an email (jeff_maas@yahoo.com) and I'll send you a picture of the planter and its basic surroundings. I'd also love to get a couple of hanging plants as well.

See ask on tribe and you shall always find.

jus me

TRIBE Member
^^^
Thanks Mel. :)

Gah! I guess sarcasm doesn't flow well on the internet.

I'm sorry Jeff, I wasn't talking about me when I said "I think you've found your gardener", but Roberta whose someday gonna plant a bed of flowers for me *hint* *nudge*. ;) Inside joke.

I would, but I'm plently allergic to nature and have a gross-out factor of bugs.

But KEEP FAITH! Someone will come to your aid and make your flowers bloom! ;)