• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

National Football League - 2006.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
justin surdit said:
me-shawn signs with the Panthers - I wonder if he will be able to get along with Steve Smith
Smith is a deep threat that stretches the defense. Keyshawn catches the tough balls across the middle and is a great blocker. Totally complimentary players. He has mellowed a lot with age.

Falcons acquire Abraham from the Jets but keep the backup Schaub. Another backup who will never see the light of day in his prime because he is stuck backing up a franchise player that is way too entrenched. The Falcons should have let him go while he still has value or else he'll wind up being another Billy Volek of the Titans. That poor dude has been waiting for Steve McNair to drop dead for the last 3 seasons. By the time he gets his starting opportunity, teams will view him as too old and he'll spend his career chasing opportunities on other teams who want to use him as a teacher for their newest qb project.

The Cowboys signings of vanderjackass and BO have to rank as the best free agency signings ever. Two players still at the top of their careers. Both with something to prove and both come at a relative bargain. I consider them a front runner for this years SB cause that is just too much talent on the offensive side of the ball.

The injury to Bree's shoulder must be pretty fucking bad cause there are a lot of teams with a desperate need at QB that could have used his services. Signing with the Saints reeks of desperation for both parties. Brees cause if he didn't sign the deal, he would have been forced to take a below value deal for a year to prove himself. The Saints are fucked cause the city is completey fucked, the owner has been trying to move the team to LA and everybody hates him. Great situation to play in.

The Chiefs have done nothing. :mad:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Preroller

TRIBE Member
jeffk110 said:
go browns!!!!

No doubt...

DE/LB Willie McGinest Signs With the Browns; DL Ted Washington Also Added

Summary: After 12 years in New England, it took Willie McGinest one trip to Cleveland to find his new home.

Being reunited with Browns coach Romeo Crennel made his decision easy.

McGinest signed a three-year, $12 million contract with the Browns on Wednesday. The deal includes $6 million in guarantees and bonuses.

The 34-year-old linebacker spent seven seasons with Crennel in New England, including four with Crennel as defensive coordinator.

"He's a big reason why I came," McGinest said. "He's like a father. He makes you feel comfortable and gives you that family atmosphere."

McGinest was a member of three Super Bowl winners and had been with the Patriots since being drafted in the first round in 1994. He was cut by New England last week in a salary-cap move, visited Cleveland on Tuesday and reached the deal Wednesday without visiting any other teams.

The two-time Pro Bowl selection would have carried a salary cap figure of more than $7 million next season in New England.

McGinest looked a bit out of place holding a No. 55 Browns jersey and said it seemed odd. He said he held no animosity toward New England for releasing him and looked forward to helping build the Browns into a winner.

"I didn't want to go to a team to sign a contract and get some money," said McGinest, wearing a Browns cap. "I wanted to be a part of a family. They made me feel like family. They made me feel needed, like I could come in and help them."

Besides Crennel, recently signed nose tackle Ted Washington encouraged his former teammate to come to Cleveland. The two played on the Patriots' 2003 championship team.

OL LeCharles Bentley Signs With the Browns

Summary: One of the prize free agents the Vikings were seriously considering is no longer available.

Pro Bowl offensive lineman LeCharles Bentley has agreed to a six-year, $36 million contract with the Cleveland Browns, according to a league source.

Bentley, who plays guard and center, and Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson were considered the most elite interior linemen available, a position the Vikings badly want to upgrade. But unlike Hutchinson, who was given a transition tender from the Seattle Seahawks, Bentley was an unrestricted free agent. The Seahawks, meanwhile, can match any deal that another club offers Hutchinson.

Bentley had serious talks with the Philadelphia Eagles. But the Browns put the heat on him, offering a contract that includes $12.5 million in guaranteed money up front and averages $6 million per year.

Our View: Cleveland very much needed to solidify their offensive line, and Bentley will do just that. Reuben Droughns owners should be very happy right now.

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
arrington to visit miami for the 2nd time..... look for the phins to sign.

also, miami showing interest in vince young, could look to trade up in the draft for a shot at him.

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
Steelers, Dolphins highlight 2006 opener

Sports Ticker

3/27/2006 1:47:39 PM

NEW YORK (Ticker) - The Pittsburgh Steelers will begin their title defense by hosting the Miami Dolphins and new quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

The NFL on Monday announced its 2006 Kickoff Weekend schedule, highlighted by the Steelers-Dolphins matchup on new television partner NBC on Thursday, September 7 (on TSN).

That Sunday, the Jacksonville Jaguars will host the Dallas Cowboys on Fox and the Indianapolis Colts will visit the New York Giants (on TSN).

The latter matchup will feature 30-year-old Colts quarterback Peyton Manning taking on his younger brother, 25-year-old Giants quarterback Eli. It will be the first time in NFL history that brothers will start at quarterback against each other.

ESPN will televise the first "Monday Night Football" doubleheader a day later, with the Washington Redskins hosting the Minnesota Vikings and the San Diego Chargers visiting AFC West rival the Oakland Raiders.

The Vikings and Raiders will be playing their first games under new coaches, Brad Childress and Art Shell, respectively.

The NFL also announced the first Thanksgiving tripleheader, with Miami visiting the Detroit Lions on CBS, followed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Dallas on Fox and the Denver Broncos at AFC West rival the Kansas City Chiefs on the NFL Network. All Thanksgiving games are also on TSN.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
TECHno addict said:
also, miami showing interest in vince young, could look to trade up in the draft for a shot at him.
Or maybe they are trying to affect the draft by creating a market for their first round pick. Daunte Culpepper sees himself as a starter. I can't see him suddenly agreeing to play the role of mentor for a year and a half while Young gets NFL ready.

But stranger things have happened!

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Yet another victim of the WMC

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14200979.htm

Eagles linebacker Dhani Jones couldn't stop dancing, and it led to his arrest early Sunday morning in Miami Beach. Jones was arrested at 2:54 a.m. and charged with failing to obey a lawful command, according to the police report.
Jones was dancing with an unidentified female in the middle of the street in front of the Snatch Rock 'n' Roll Bar and Lounge.
According to Miami Beach police spokesman Robert Hernandez, Jones was obstructing traffic. The charge is a misdemeanor.
"He and a female were dancing in the street," Hernandez said last night. "When asked to leave, the female figured it out and left, but he kept dancing in the street by himself."
Hernandez said that a situation like this isn't unusual, especially in the heart of spring break season. However, it's not every day that this happens to a 28-year-old starting NFL linebacker.
"We are pretty tolerant with things like this, but he just refused to get out of the street, and the cars couldn't get through," Hernandez said.
"I don't know if he took us seriously, but once you put the handcuffs on somebody, that has a humbling effect," Hernandez said.
Jones was taken to the Miami Beach Police Department's temporary holding facility.
"Since he was very apologetic, we just decided to let him sign [an affidavit] with the promise to appear in court for arraignment," Hernandez said.
When contacted last night, Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said, "We are aware of the situation and will continue to monitor it. Other than that, we have no further comment."
Michael Harrison, the agent for Jones, could not be reached for comment.
Jones, who signed a five-year $13 million contract in March 2004, was fourth on the team last season with 105 tackles (49 solo), according to the Eagles.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
No means no
Walker runs a no-route, with stiff-arm for Packers
By BOB McGINN
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

Green Bay - What part of “no” don’t the Green Bay Packers understand?

In an interview Tuesday morning, Javon Walker’s stepfather said not money, not the passage of time and not the retirement of Brett Favre could change the wide receiver’s aversion for the team that drafted him in the first round in 2002.

“They could give him a $15 million signing bonus and he would decline it,” Charles Goldsmith said. “I think everybody is thinking it’s going to blow over and Javon’s going to show up. He’s not showing up. I mean, he is absolutely not showing up. Period. At all.”

During a 35-minute conversation, there were 23 occasions in which Goldsmith categorically and almost matter-of-factly said Walker’s days as a Packer were over.

Last month, Goldsmith sat next to Walker when he discussed his future with coach Mike McCarthy for about half an hour.

“He said, ‘It has nothing to do with you,’” Goldsmith said. “He said, ‘I don’t want to play in Green Bay ever again and I’m not coming back.’ He said, ‘If you force me to come back, you’re really going to have a terrible cancer on your hands.’

“He doesn’t want to do like ‘T.O.’ (Terrell Owens) did and cause a big disturbance. He doesn’t want to do what Mike McKenzie did. We really tried to handle this very professional. I talked to Ted (Thompson). He talked to McCarthy. Kennard (McGuire) talked to both of them. We talked to Andrew (Brandt). And they just refused.”

Neither Thompson, the general manager, nor team President Bob Harlan would comment Tuesday on Goldsmith’s remarks.

On Jan. 20, Goldsmith said he had a 30-minute conversation with Thompson in which he spelled out precisely why his stepson would never play again for the Packers and that he wanted to be traded.

“He told me, ‘Charles, certainly the last thing I want to do is trade Javon,’” Goldsmith said. “‘But, if he’s unhappy, I have to take all this stuff under consideration. I can’t promise you anything.’”

McGuire, the agent for Walker, not only requested a trade but also asked Thompson for permission to shop his client. Thompson refused.

Even though Walker underwent knee surgery Oct. 7 for a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn meniscus cartilage, there’s little doubt that the Packers could trade him. It might be an all-time weak year in the draft for wide receivers, and as a result a slew of commonplace wide receivers has received more lucrative contracts than expected in free agency.

At this point, the crop of free-agent wide receivers has been picked clean.

On Tuesday, the Rocky Mountain News reported that the Denver Broncos had made informal inquiries about acquiring Walker. Thompson said teams talk all the time about trades but declined specifically to discuss the report.

Does Goldsmith ultimately expect the Packers to trade Walker, as they did with the disgruntled McKenzie in October 2004?

“I think they will,” he said. “I don’t think they’re going to have much of a choice. We’re hoping that some rational thought will take place and Ted will realize that, hey, even if you go to the end of this year, you’re going to lose him and you get nothing in return.”

If push comes to shove, Walker could report for the final six games, the minimum necessary for him to gain an accrued season and fulfill his original five-year contract. However, the Packers could place the franchise tag on Walker next February and retain his services.

On Sunday, Goldsmith and his wife, Bernita, arrived in Green Bay to arrange for all of Walker’s belongings to be shipped and to put his Green Bay house up for sale. Goldsmith, a senior vice president for Primerica Financial Services in Houston, is married to Javon’s mother and said he had been closely involved in his stepson’s life since seventh grade.

Walker hasn’t been in Green Bay other than a brief end-of-season exit interview and refused to accompany his parents this week.

“Javon just doesn’t like the environment,” Goldsmith said. “It’s not just Brett. It’s the team. There have been a lot of things that have been done to him underhanded that he knows about. He does not enjoy Green Bay and does not enjoy even thinking about Green Bay.”

If the Packers ignore Walker’s trade demands and sit on him, Goldsmith thinks it could hurt them in the long run.

“Most people don’t realize that most of these players are friends and they talk,” Goldsmith said. “They have their own little fraternity. Other players are watching what’s happening with Javon and Green Bay.

“They watched how Green Bay let those two guards get away and let somebody else pay them more money. They watched how Darren Sharper had to go to Minnesota. They watched how (Ryan) Longwell signed with Minnesota and didn’t even give Green Bay the opportunity to match it.

“They’re watching what (Aaron) Kampman went through to try to get his money right up to free agency. Ahman Green played here and got all those yards and he gets a one-year sorry contract. There was the Bubba Franks thing.

“They see this stuff and, after a while, this situation with Javon will not help Green Bay at all attracting players. I mean, they treat their players terrible. And it’s not like they don’t have the money.”

As much as Favre’s words stung last spring when Walker was preparing to hold out with two years left on his deal, Goldsmith said lack of response by management might have poisoned his stepson’s relationship with the team even more.

“I told Ted you could have just come out with a statement and said, ‘Brett does not speak for the team. We just handle all these matters internally,’” Goldsmith said. “But I told Ted, ‘You said absolutely nothing. How can you sit up there and let a player rip another player and then expect him to come back and expect him to be best of buddies and win together?’ That’s not the real world.

“Who’s running the team? Does Brett run the team or does Ted run the team?”

If Favre quits, Walker’s disgust with the Packers would not change, according to his stepfather.

“Javon is not fond of Brett,” Goldsmith said. “All that stuff on the field when they score touchdowns and they’re high-fiving, that’s for show. He just doesn’t want to play with him anymore.

“Last year, Brett Favre did something that I thought was wrong. I wish someone would tell Brett, ‘What if someone blasted one of your daughters on national TV? What would you do?’

“He didn’t even pick up a phone as a leader and call Javon. Never has he once called Javon. He didn’t have to go to the media.

“Then to have other people, other players come out and talk about that. Even Bart Starr said that Brett Favre has the right to do that. He has nothing to do with this.

“Brett said he was prepared to move on without Javon. Well, you moved on quite well, Brett. You threw 29 interceptions. If anybody would look at the film, they’d see those balls Brett Favre would just throw up into the air and Javon somehow magically goes and gets them.”

Walker, 27, is back and forth between Houston and Tallahassee, Fla., where he is studying to complete his undergraduate degree at Florida State. The house he is selling in Green Bay was purchased about two years ago from defensive end Jamal Reynolds, his former Florida State teammate.

His base salary for 2006 is $1.15 million.

In something of a surprise, Walker ended his threatened holdout and reported in time for the start of training camp in 2005. The influence of his stepfather was evident in his decision.

"I told Javon, 'You need to go back,'" Goldsmith said. "He said, 'I don't want to go back.' I said, 'But we need to get this accrued season. You need four accured seasons to be an unrestricted free agent. Your leverage is very slim.'"

By the way, I agree, I think brett Favre was quite punk bitchish in his comments on Walker last season. There's an unwritten rule that you don't comment on another player's contract negotiations and he broke the rule and crossed the line. He also commented after having the multiple big contracts. Walker was still playing of his rookie contract. Apples to Oranges.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Best quote of the article:

“Brett said he was prepared to move on without Javon. Well, you moved on quite well, Brett. You threw 29 interceptions. If anybody would look at the film, they’d see those balls Brett Favre would just throw up into the air and Javon somehow magically goes and gets them.”

As they say in France...."OWNED"

Preroller

TRIBE Member
TECHno addict said:
any word on whats happening with ricky williams ?

Ricky Williams' appeal is set

Summary:: Dolphins tailback Ricky Williams officially has a date with the NFL to appeal a yearlong suspension for failing a fourth drug test.

Attorney David Cornwell said Tuesday that the NFL has scheduled a hearing April 10 at the league's offices in New York.

If the appeal fails, Williams will have to miss the 2006 season because he would be categorized as a four-time offender under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's unknown what substance caused Williams to fail his fourth test. He tested positive for marijuana on three other occasions.

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

1 Pittsburgh Steelers
2 Indianapolis Colts
3 New England Patriots
4 Carolina Panthers
5 Miami Dolphins
6 Jacksonville Jaguars
7 Denver Broncos
8 Seattle Seahawks
9 New York Giants
10 Dallas Cowboys
11 Philadelphia Eagles
12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13 Chicago Bears
14 Washington Redskins
15 Cincinnati Bengals
16 Kansas City Chiefs
17 San Diego Chargers
18 Minnesota Vikings
19 St. Louis Rams
20 Baltimore Ravens
21 Arizona Cardinals
22 Atlanta Falcons
23 Tennessee Titans
24 Green Bay Packers
25 New Orleans Saints
26 Oakland Raiders
27 Cleveland Browns
28 Buffalo Bills
29 Detroit Lions
30 Houston Texans
31 New York Jets
32 San Francisco 49ers

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
Gizmo said:
By the way, I agree, I think brett Favre was quite punk bitchish in his comments on Walker last season. There's an unwritten rule that you don't comment on another player's contract negotiations and he broke the rule and crossed the line. He also commented after having the multiple big contracts. Walker was still playing of his rookie contract. Apples to Oranges.

as a lions fan, i really hope he continues to play for a few more seasons.....
thus further delaying the next chapter in GB football.

Ta,

mid-offseason power rankings??? really?

why would anyone give a shit about compiling "power rankings" at this point in the season??

Michael Drury

TRIBE Member
TECHno addict said:

1 Pittsburgh Steelers
2 Indianapolis Colts
3 New England Patriots
4 Carolina Panthers
5 Miami Dolphins
6 Jacksonville Jaguars
7 Denver Broncos
8 Seattle Seahawks
9 New York Giants
10 Dallas Cowboys
11 Philadelphia Eagles
12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13 Chicago Bears
14 Washington Redskins
15 Cincinnati Bengals
16 Kansas City Chiefs
17 San Diego Chargers
18 Minnesota Vikings
19 St. Louis Rams
20 Baltimore Ravens
21 Arizona Cardinals
22 Atlanta Falcons
23 Tennessee Titans
24 Green Bay Packers
25 New Orleans Saints
26 Oakland Raiders
27 Cleveland Browns
28 Buffalo Bills
29 Detroit Lions
30 Houston Texans
31 New York Jets
32 San Francisco 49ers

32 San Francisco 49ers = WHAT

This does nothig but make me super duper SAD :(

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
-Mercury- said:
would anyone give a shit about compiling "power rankings" at this point in the season??

i think its a quick fix for people to see where teams stand after months of free agent signings.

obviously this is ONE guys opinion, but he does state why he feels each team has improved/declined.

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
TECHno addict said:

1 Pittsburgh Steelers
2 Indianapolis Colts
3 New England Patriots
4 Carolina Panthers
5 Miami Dolphins
6 Jacksonville Jaguars
7 Denver Broncos
8 Seattle Seahawks
9 New York Giants
10 Dallas Cowboys
11 Philadelphia Eagles
12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13 Chicago Bears
14 Washington Redskins
15 Cincinnati Bengals
16 Kansas City Chiefs
17 San Diego Chargers
18 Minnesota Vikings
19 St. Louis Rams
20 Baltimore Ravens
21 Arizona Cardinals
22 Atlanta Falcons
23 Tennessee Titans
24 Green Bay Packers
25 New Orleans Saints
26 Oakland Raiders
27 Cleveland Browns
28 Buffalo Bills
29 Detroit Lions
30 Houston Texans
31 New York Jets
32 San Francisco 49ers

Miami #5?? and Seahawks #8??? Riiiiiiiiight.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Moulds goes to Houston for a 5th round pick. I know he had them highjacked, but Buffalo should have suspended him without pay. I also know they need to have bodies, but during training camp I'm sure some team would want to fill a need for a reciever and forked out better than a 5th.
On another note, karma struck Moulds as he now plays in Houston.