• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

NASA - STASI - Douglas - GOW

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
Where do I start? First off, I did not see/hear Stasi play but I hear I missed out. I'm sure someone else will review his set. Sorry about that.

Doug pounded and tore the place up!! Holy CRAP it was loud when I got there. Really a banging set for the little old NASA space, but as usual he dropped a lot of great classics and Doug, drunk or not, you're always bang on with your mixin skills...your favourite Italian girl was pleased :)

Props to Greg greg greg GOW for that hot hot HOT ROLANDO TRACK !!! My night was made!!!!!!! He mixed in Costa Del Sol from Mateo and then he toned the night down by getting all the girls to shake their asses to latin tribally beats. Greg you know how to read a crowd. What was that housey rhythmic totally messed up track????? Always a solid night with Gow on the decks..

Lots of people showed up for this. A lot of the usual crowd and a lot of new faces. It was good to hold something like this at NASA where the djs could sway a little from their usual sets and mix it up a bit. Hopefully it leads to introducing new blood into our scene. We need it.

For those who were there great to see you all again and again and I hope you had an awesome time. For those who weren't there sad to have missed ya.

ciao babies

J

patri©k

TRIBE Member
nice little jam. it was good seeing mr. ferguson after so many years. all the usual crew. the princess went buck when Dougie dropped her CHOON! lol "THAT'S ONE OF MY TOP THREE FOR THE YEAR!"

:)

nice vibe goin on. ins n' outs made the sessions a breeze. had to leave after a few hours though... waaaaaaay too much smoke in that place.

really REALLY looking forward to Yaz! Holy FUCK! that's gonna be some next level shit!

beebs ? awhahappen !?

ratP

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
Patrick. DUDE! Who the hell ARE you? I've been to pretty much all the same jams as you and I've NEVER met you.

next time we have to say "Haaaay"

J

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JGirlP
Patrick. DUDE! Who the hell ARE you? I've been to pretty much all the same jams as you and I've NEVER met you.

next time we have to say "Haaaay"

J
I was the one in the jeans.

I'll wear the same jeans to Yaz. look for them.

ratP

patri©k

TRIBE Member
PS. BIG SEXY LOVE SHOUTS GOING OUT TO THE LATE NIGHT SHWARMA MASSIVE !!!!!

that was some gooooooooooooood shit.

ratP

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by JGirlP

Doug pounded and tore the place up!! Holy CRAP it was loud when I got there. Really a banging set for the little old NASA space, but as usual he dropped a lot of great classics and Doug, drunk or not, you're always bang on with your mixin skills...your favourite Italian girl was pleased :)
thank you J for the kind words :) YES i was pretty much drunk before i stepped foot in Nasa!! I did play deeper tracks for the first bit though!! and my banging was good banging!! (ie - mills,old beltram,surgeon etc...) .... and yeah a few mixes went a stray , and i admit i rinsed some out due to...but that must have been one of my funnest sets!!! 2 HOURS! got to rip it , mix it and erk it jerk it!!

Props to Greg greg greg GOW for that hot hot HOT ROLANDO TRACK !!! My night was made!!!!!!! He mixed in Costa Del Sol from Mateo and then he toned the night down by getting all the girls to shake their asses to latin tribally beats. Greg you know how to read a crowd. What was that housey rhythmic totally messed up track????? Always a solid night with Gow on the decks..
Gow was solid, as much as my drunken wise crackin' ass chirped at him or probally annoyed him ;) for going soft , re:housier... he was tight, and you took the words from me - the dude knows how to read a crowd - big props brother :) Gow had me going off like a big fat kid looking at a smartie with the Kraftwerk/Rolando track... detroit......germany

Lots of people showed up for this. A lot of the usual crowd and a lot of new faces. It was good to hold something like this at NASA where the djs could sway a little from their usual sets and mix it up a bit. Hopefully it leads to introducing new blood into our scene. We need it.
couldn't agree more J... as always my crew and friends always supportin my ass!!!!! - big fucking thank you to yah all :D Got to lay down some old stuff ! the crowd (in my drunken vision) looked somewhat and ate up,

blue monday (new order)
let your body learn (nitzer ebb)
planet rock (Afrika Bambaataa SouL sonic force) thanks curt;)

Overall, awesome time was had start to finish (am crew represent!) im gonna try and do it so cope if i fail to get yah - the shout outs for support and good times :D

Curt (OhNo!)
Aaron
Jay
Julia (J..P girl)
Arthur Oskan
Greg Gow
Laurie
Jenny (princess)
Giles (gb focus)
Kimmy!
Patrick with the copyright C!
Jai the smart guy :p
Primal
Gerald (Time)
Adam Marshall
Geoff (le kid)
Dylan T - lets battle mutha *#&^(*
Sara Scruton (peacock- didnt see yah , why no hello?!)
Eric Lork (erk)
Dave ( pm me fellow ex whitby native)
Ben (sorry bout the spilled drink!)
Adam Winick (format recordings)
kim? birthday girl and morning crew... sorry names lost!!!
Tanya? and her boyfriend... (morning crew)

.....not but not least and sorry if i forgot anyone, STASI (matt -diablo) awesome guy and great tunes/skills - thanks for having me out , nothing beats a flyer with a doll having their finger up her ying yang!!

respects,

Stewart Douglas

Last edited:

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Ah Shit,

Good times saturday, SD ripped it up proper all night some nice deep german tracks to start and moving nicely into a liquid room type Mills set full of classics,channel chucking and eq mastery.Greg took over later and laid down some circa 98 Gow styles which was a nice treat over the harder stuff he's been playing latley.Nice size crowd pretty much all night,which is nice and all of the usual suspects were there showing support-get involved!We need more small intimate nights like these showcasing the talent in T.O. instead of over produced,over hyped big name nights.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
how could i forget Mr. Todd Smith making a once and a bloom TO stop but leaving as i start my set and forgeting the CASH. :p

nice seeing yah man, thanks for the brew:)

now go order me some records.

Ohno!:

We need more small intimate nights like these showcasing the talent in T.O. instead of over produced,over hyped big name nights.

word up.

tekno princess

TRIBE Member
SET OF THE FUCKING YEAR (SO FAR)...

...goes to STEWART DOUGLAS!!! :eek: :cool: :)

major props dude: once again, you stepped up and proved what I've been sayin for years already: THIS KID'S GOT FUCKING TALENT!!!

you had me shakin' my ass and losing my shit from start to finish :D

Originally posted by tEkKiD
kim? birthday girl and morning crew... sorry names lost!!!
michelle (b-day girl) & michael beckley (aka BAXTER) ;)

where's t-audio's shout outs? :p

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Re: SET OF THE FUCKING YEAR (SO FAR)...

Originally posted by tekno princess
...goes to STEWART DOUGLAS!!! :eek: :cool: :)

major props dude: once again, you stepped up and proved what I've been sayin for years already: THIS KID'S GOT FUCKING TALENT!!!

you had me shakin' my ass and losing my shit from start to finish :D

michelle (b-day girl) & michael beckley (aka BAXTER) ;)

where's t-audio's shout outs? :p

awesome jen, glad to hear you enjoyed the muzak...(i guess it helps when i throw down numorous of requests for yah huh? :D:D

spark it up dougy.... (names!)

you spark one up too Jen, i believe oddmans shouts arrived prior :p

p.s : special thanks to Giles for the cds !!

p.s(2) tell jai to book a day to rip db radio shows to cd :D

Last edited:

tekno princess

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: SET OF THE FUCKING YEAR (SO FAR)...

awesome jen, glad to hear you enjoyed the muzak...(i guess it helps when i throw down numorous of requests for yah huh? :D:D
ummmm, I don't recall requesting Sasha Funke's "Bravo"... ;)

you spark one up too Jen, i believe oddmans shouts arrived prior :p
yeah, but not in your original post :p

p.s(2) tell jai to book a day to rip db radio shows to cd :D
DONE :D

erk

TRIBE Member
That was a good night. Stasi warmed it up nicely.
Doug stepped up and tore it up with some great classic tunes. Great set Doug.
It was pretty smokey and left shortly into Greg's set.
Sadly, I'm sooo tired after a long day at work and can not write a proper review.
Glad to go to nice little jams like this. Definitely worth it. Always a pleasure to hear Doug and Greg spin.
Zzzzz...

Arthur Oskan

TRIBE Member
Had a awsome time. Ultrapolish.

Remember talking to some dude about an analog synth/drum unit with outputs that send varying degress of pules and tones to a virbrator?!?!?

:confused:

tekno princess

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Arthur Oskan
Had a awsome time. Ultrapolish.

Remember talking to some dude about an analog synth/drum unit with outputs that send varying degress of pules and tones to a virbrator?!?!?
jybot ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: NASA - STASI - Douglas - GOW

... as always my crew and friends always supportin my ass!!!!!

Jai the smart guy :p

its all pretend bro

all pretend :D

first time i have ever got to see you perform live

respect bro, from the moment i walked into NASA, you had me groovin on the floor, fuck man, i couldnt stop dancing sometimes, missed the sasha funke , walked in right after it was done, jenn ran up to me asked if i knew who they were? heard the track you dropped right afterwards and took off top speed back the way she came.

its nice to see the potential for more techno, and week night partying, in the future, i think my fav line up for one of these would be :

stewart douglas - i have to see you live again [ DB sit in ;) ]

arthur oskan - this guy, i have heard so little of, but omfg, i need to hear more, soooo much more [ d00d, the reactive beat/vibrator is still making me grin, and cringe at the same time ]

and last but mos def not least

trevor wilkes : we have not yet met, but i have to say, ive had 2 of your mixes in my playlist for at least 2 weeks now, and cannot get enough.

anywase, a lurker has to post once in a blue moon, this aint no blue moon, but SD did play, so its close enough.
;)

greg, you did a wikkid job as usual, hope you enjoy your leaf lighter, thought you'd get a kick out of that, and i got that CD for you, so we have to connect to get that too you for your perusal.

to my brethren, krew, peeps, friends, family.

much love

jybot

tech•no(tek'nö)adj.1. Of a mechanical or synthetic nature 2. Anything pertaining to technology 3. Low, head-pounding beats give way to intricate patterns of dimensional sound that stimulate mental activity while encouraging the body to shake that ass

tekno princess

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jockey slut
respect bro, from the moment i walked into NASA, you had me groovin on the floor, fuck man, i couldnt stop dancing sometimes, missed the sasha funke , walked in right after it was done, jenn ran up to me asked if i knew who they were? heard the track you dropped right afterwards and took off top speed back the way she came.
that's b/c he dropped my Ignacio track (which btw, subsequently resulted in the loss of my voice...) :D

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tekno princess
that's b/c he dropped my Ignacio track (which btw, subsequently resulted in the loss of my voice...) :D

for how long?

2-3 mins? :D

you seemed to have it for the after party all morning krew ;)

but yes, i can see how it could have been lost, you errupted so loudly i could hear you from the dance floor
" losing your shit " :eek::eek: