1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Name that smell!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by orchid, Jun 7, 2010.

1. orchid

orchid TRIBE Member

Does it stink like barbecued bison manure around Keele and Bloor? Or am I just imagining things every time I pass through that intersection?

2. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

Keele and St.Clair used to be the old stockyards, and used to smell just about that bad everytime we drove past.

Ghosts of the past roaming south?
  3. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

it's High Park.
    stinky wet leaves all over the ground in the Forest of Azure.
    bugs must be having a field day in it.
    pretty rank.
  4. orchid

orchid TRIBE Member

I've considered High Park. But the smell is concentrated exactly at the Bloor/Keele intersection, and nowhere else in the entire High Park vicinity. It's like a mix between large quantities of human excrement and manure from a large animal.
  5. ian

ian TRIBE Member

My understanding is that it is the swamp in High Park right at Keele and Bloor. . . just down the ravine.
  6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

that part of the forest has no escape for the sludge that builds up.
    been that way since i've lived here.
    ( 3 years ).
  7. orchid

orchid TRIBE Member

ohhhhhhh. I didn't know about the swamp. It's so stanky around there, that we're totally steering clear of the area in our apartment search. Just High Park and Bloor West Village. And now the annex.

8. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

it doesn't last much longer.
    want a 2 bedroom apt at parkside and indian valley crescent ?
    it doesn't smell here...we're right across from the Howard Park Tennis Courts.
  9. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Soon all the trees in Toronto will be giving off that early-summer spunk smell. What the hell is making that smell???

10. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

it's the afterglow aroma of trees gettin' it on
  11. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

lilacs smell fairly pimpin. i pass by some near my office every day. that is all.
  12. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

So it smells like the resort I went to in the Dominican? It would always Smell some sort of nasty when they would crank on the sprinklers. Apparently they reuse the sewage waste as fertiliser for their gardens after it has been through the leaching pools. Would there be a sewage treatment plant in the area? There could also be a main sewage line which runs directly through there and its creeping out of the vents?
  13. ian

ian TRIBE Member

By any chance was that the Wyndham Tangerine?