• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

name a good horror movie I might have missed please...

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
I am looking to rent some horror moves tonight, and i feel like I have seen all the good ones, can anyone recommend a more obscure one I might have missed that is good?

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
high tension sucked by the end but totally worth renting forthe more grumesome moments

rent the thing...surprised how good it was

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
bro...the bloody testing scene is one of the most intense ever.
I loved when the guy just OPENED UP and took his hand!:D

like most horror movies they fuck up the ending but totally worth waiting for....something about films in arctic settings that makethem more suspenseful

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i've been meaning to rent The Hitcher again.

I last saw it when i was about 11... will it stand up to the test of time?

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
House of a Thousand Corpses - not so much what I would consider horror, but damn good and twisted and the sequel to that is The Devil's Rejects - not nearly as good, but has some pretty gory scenes; the ending is the best part.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
I loved when the guy just OPENED UP and took his hand!:D

like most horror movies they fuck up the ending but totally worth waiting for....something about films in arctic settings that makethem more suspenseful
The way Palmer starts vibrating is mad...and then he rips open, grabs Windows and starts flapping him around the room.
One of the best examples of puppetry special effects i've seen. Rob Bottin is a genius.

You thought they fucked up the ending? how so? it was a darker finale...both Russell and Davids were fucked, and it left it open to whether or not Davids was infected. I'd say it was a perfect ending.

Michael Drury

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bombthreat23
I am looking to rent some horror moves tonight, and i feel like I have seen all the good ones, can anyone recommend a more obscure one I might have missed that is good?
You mean you've missed one BT23 :D

I wish i could recommend one to you bro but i look to you for this kind of advice.

If I can recommend one not to see/rent it would be the one I just watched last week and it sucked hard - its called "the last horror movie" - it was Fangora approved and everything - cause it was a one off at Blockbuster i thought it stood an chance. Boy was I wrong.

Actually come to think of it BT23 what about, "Happy Birthday to Me"? Haven't seen it in a while but it was always a favorite when I was young.

Cheers,
MD

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
You're obviously a true horror head, so this might be difficult.

So i'll reccomend a few and probably there's one you have haven't seen.

Stepfather: Terry O'Quinn throws down in this. Classic 80's fare but not pap.

May: Frankensteinesque bloodly assemblege with an modern LA edge.

Them!: Taking it way back to the 50's with giant bugs and the red scare. A classic.

If you've seen these I'll reccomend more.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah

good call. I thought the tune he whistled after murdering someone was freaky.

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
texas chain saw cannibal hookers
Is that the full name of the movie?

Cause I actually watched a movie called just "Cannibal Hookers" and it was a joke.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: name a good horror movie I might have missed please...

Originally posted by Michael Drury
You mean you've missed one BT23 :D

I wish i could recommend one to you bro but i look to you for this kind of advice.

If I can recommend one not to see/rent it would be the one I just watched last week and it sucked hard - its called "the last horror movie" - it was Fangora approved and everything - cause it was a one off at Blockbuster i thought it stood an chance. Boy was I wrong.

Actually come to think of it BT23 what about, "Happy Birthday to Me"? Haven't seen it in a while but it was always a favorite when I was young.

Cheers,
MD
I am hoping I have missed something...I haven't seen last horror movie but won't rent it now fur sure...ahhh good ol Happy Birthday to Me, god I haven't seen that in a long time, maybe I will go old skool slasher with Happy Birthday To Me and My Bloody Valentines (a canadian flick btw)
g.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah

May: Frankensteinesque bloodly assemblege with an modern LA edge.

Them!: Taking it way back to the 50's with giant bugs and the red scare. A classic.

If you've seen these I'll reccomend more.
you know what Stepfather is one of those ones I have managed to miss, I am so going to rent that!, thanks!...May I LOVED, and Them is a classic!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
try the movie 'Search Function'

it's damn freaky... it's about this guy who wants to find some horror movie titles... and can't find the search function on his favorite message board... so instead, he hopes that people will repeatedly come into repeat brt threads requesting horror movie titles... anyhow, his date ends up getting ruined and the disgruntled date comes over and cuts the guys dick off with an old corn on the cob.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
the changling
ghost story
the thing

suprisingly there have been a few good Canadian horror movies made, the changling is probably the best of the bunch, I have ravenous at home right now which was recommended to me by a friend

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
try the movie 'Search Function'

it's damn freaky... it's about this guy who wants to find some horror movie titles... and can't find the search function on his favorite message board... so instead, he hopes that people will repeatedly come into repeat brt threads requesting horror movie titles... anyhow, his date ends up getting ruined and the disgruntled date comes over and cuts the guys dick off with an old corn on the cob.
boo haaa haahhaaa haaa...you took the time to write this out. tee hee.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bombthreat23
you know what Stepfather is one of those ones I have managed to miss, I am so going to rent that!,
Sadly it's not availible on DVD, but it's so worth the regression to the VHS format. I think you'll really dig it man, let me know your thoughts after you watch it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders