• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

My Wish Came True: Derrick Carter!!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

erika

TRIBE Member
Oh my; I just realized this is the same night as Joe Claussell (not to mention Footprints); how/why is that?? That's too much!!

Mama Foosh, I don't know what you like, but you should check out Fritz Helder and the Phantoms CD release party on Thursday night.
And on Fridays the Fukhouse compressed party at toibar is a good time.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sugar

TRIBE Member
I'm getting REALLY excited, and there are still so many days left to go.

Maybe I'll wear a dress, mainly because my fashion advisors told me not to before.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's Derrick Carter in a venue that fits 300 people. Of course tickets would be $30. He's not cheap! ;)

The flyer says that it's $30 in advance AND at the door. Tix are defintely the way to go though.

** this is ev

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
I'm hoping to head over in the wee hours... although last time I got there at 3:30 they were still charging $40... still, the shit show this night is shaping up to be looks to be a bit on the epic side.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
i'll happily throw down $30 to see Carter at fw.

i've been waiting a long time to see him somewhere other then the place that shall remain nameless.

YAY CARTER

mama_foosh

TRIBE Member
erika said:
Oh my; I just realized this is the same night as Joe Claussell (not to mention Footprints); how/why is that?? That's too much!!

Mama Foosh, I don't know what you like, but you should check out Fritz Helder and the Phantoms CD release party on Thursday night.
And on Fridays the Fukhouse compressed party at toibar is a good time.

i love all kinds of music (although my fav is house).
i also didn't realize that it was Grey Cup weekend. gonna be a gonger for sure!
what kind of music is Fritz Helder?
any clubs that play house? (other than footwork)
actually, any suggestions would be great. we are coming from Calgary and would love to sample the local underground music scene. :D

erika

TRIBE Member
what kind of music is Fritz Helder?
Insane crazy fun and a great live act with go-go dancers and all; check them out on myspace (they also have a couple of videos posted there)
any clubs that play house? (other than footwork)
Revival has Joe Claussell, toibar (just east on college from revival) has house on Saturday nights, Bird (further east from there) does on Fridays

we are coming from Calgary and would love to sample the local underground music scene.
That's another discussion... ;)

JAR

TRIBE Member
erika said:
wow; with the canadian $ trading higher than the US $, that seems particularly pricey...

almost back at par now. and like Ev said, Derrick ain't cheap.

hmoney

TRIBE Member
doin some birthday celebratin' that night.

$30 advance tickets ... well birthday girls don't have to pay for those things personally (hopefully/usually)

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
I would suck carters left ball to get in, and I will.

Take the ticket complaints to the whiners thread suckas!!!

woo hoooooooooo.

mama_foosh

TRIBE Member
zoo said:
foosh! i like your store :) (i just moved to shredmonton)

not me, but i love this store too. :)

thanks for all the great tips! i have a feeling i'm going to go home broken.

maybe i'll see some of you folks at WMC too?

JAR

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:
I would suck carters left ball to get in, and I will.

he'd probably quite like that. under the decks ball-sucking at the witching hour shall be arranged.