• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

My sister is missing.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

djfear

TRIBE Member
Blysspluss, hang in there and hopefully she'll recover very soon from whatever ordeal she went through.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
Your comment would have been better directed at the original comment that this comment was responding to.

Most people don't have issues that lead them toward harming themselves. If they did then this thread wouldn't have even been posted - it would be completely normal. But because this is the real world and not Maui's Tickle Trunk, shit happens and people get hurt. And hopefully in this woman's case, she will survive and get better.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Sure brah, whatever you say. Keep on being you. It's usually funny, maybe missed this time but I'm sure you'll recover.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Your comment would have been better directed at the original comment that this comment was responding to.

Why would that be? He stated something factual. The reply to that comment came off as flippant and minimized the severity of her situation. There was no need for a comment like that when someone is clearly having problems and has gone missing.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Why would that be? He stated something factual. The reply to that comment came off as flippant and minimized the severity of her situation. There was no need for a comment like that when someone is clearly having problems and has gone missing.

Please explain to me why it was necessary to point out that "she's got some issues to work out", and that statement's relevance to her being found. I take it has something to do with maximising the severity of the situation? What purpose does that serve, exactly?

keline

TRIBE Member
I also thought that "sounds like she's got some issues to work out" was a pretty smug, insensitive and unnecessary comment to make.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I just saw this now. Im really glad your sis is ok pusspuss. I hope nothing too horrible happened to her and that she is on the mend.

and as for acherons comment, you dont normally tend to be a heatless dick so perhaps your comment was just not worded correctly. but to imply she has "issues" when you dont even know what happened to her (like she could have been kidnapped and dragged out to the woods and tied to a tree and left for dead, or she could have just went for a walk and broke her leg and got stuck out there for all you fucking know) was a bit a fucking rude dude, even more so given shes not just some random stranger but that someone on here is actually related to her.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Yeah. She's alive, which is far better than the docs thought. Long road to recovery from being out in the cold now.

Spent a week with the fam going through what I would say is the most stressful week of my life.

People will always try to be funny and infer their own business into things. Just a fact of life. Hell...on the whig standard article when she was lost, someone had made some smart comment about blockading via trains until we know more.(they killed it and closed comments).

It's because of how actually disconnected we all are from each other now.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I think there is still a ton of work to do on empathy - but I wonder if the world we live in is helping.. I mean go back 100 years and maybe it would have been worse.

But now we have tons of windows into other people's lives online and on TV and other media. While there are tons of jerks out there living selfish little lives - I am hopeful that just this greater exposure to other ways of being is helping improve the Aggregate Empathy Score....

Maui

TRIBE Member
Let's hope someone you love and care for never goes missing.

My best friend last October. He was found dead 5 days later.

A bunch of people kept posting on his facebook wall asking what happened. Like people, if you find out someone passed away and it doesn't say they lost the battle to cancer or suffered fatal injuries in a car crash etc... it obviously means it's a sensitive issue and to make comments on a public space when those people closest are in a very sensitive state themselves is uncouth. If your not close enough to the person to talk to the family then you shouldn't be spouting off on facebook about it. People were even going to his partners sisters page and saying stuff, and it was quite distressing to her at the time.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Yeah. She's alive, which is far better than the docs thought. Long road to recovery from being out in the cold now.

Spent a week with the fam going through what I would say is the most stressful week of my life.

People will always try to be funny and infer their own business into things. Just a fact of life. Hell...on the whig standard article when she was lost, someone had made some smart comment about blockading via trains until we know more.(they killed it and closed comments).

It's because of how actually disconnected we all are from each other now.

I saw the comment by someone asking if she was a drug user. Someone else spoke up and said she was not and was a successful business owner.

Anyway, glad things have turned out for the better, best wishes for her and you. :)

Puma

TRIBE Member
I think in situation like this or when someone dies. It would be better to post the truth and provide a vague explanation don't have to go in to every gory detail. But a vague explanation would stop people of coming up with their own crazy theories. Why does the truth these days always have to be hidden, suppressed, some spin put on it.

For people who are going to say it's not any bodies business . Your right it is not, but when u post a thread about it then u kind of made it other peoples business. Or if someone posts on Facebook that someone else passed away with no explanation. If u don't provide an explanation then People will come up with their own that's what people do.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
No, it's still none of our business. The thread was posted to see if it could help locate her, not diagnose her.

If you matter enough to the people involved, you'll get an explanation. If you don't, take a hint and check what Mofo had for lunch

peko

TRIBE Member
No, it's still none of our business. The thread was posted to see if it could help locate her, not diagnose her.

If you matter enough to the people involved, you'll get an explanation. If you don't, take a hint and check what Mofo had for lunch

<3 exactamundo

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I hope she gets the help she needs to get better, and your family can rally around support each other through this. I've learned it takes much longer to get back to "normal" then most of us think. Only living through a major trauma I learned how long recoveryt actualy takes, be it mental illness, or physical illness/ accident.