• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

my own little piece of the rock

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
so the bf and i bought his childhood home, in newfoundland, at auction recently. got a deal so great it's silly, and now we're property owners with our very own piece of the rock!

it'll be a rental property for us in the short term, and we've got future plans for the place too.

it's a 4 bedroom house and a 14,000 square foot property, overlooking a beeeyooootiful little harbour, not too far from St. John's.

exciting!

it's not the hugest property in the world, but it's in a nice little town which is the 'hub' for the surrounding area, has a great water view and hell, 14,000 feet is 106 x 129 which is ... i dunno ... like 2 gas station lots or all the meeting space in the King Street Holiday Inn all together.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
You should make it into a high end retreat for visiting celebrity seal hunt protesters. You'd make a mint!

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
lmao @ wiseman ... too true!

re: how much do houses go for at auction? i dunno, there's a pretty wide range, really. but we tripled our investment ie. the property value was 3x what we paid at auction. you basically have to pay the property taxes owed, at an auction of the type we participated in ie. the house was auctioned off by the town.

thanks for the congrats!

kuba

TRIBE Member
Sunshyne Jones said:
lmao @ wiseman ... too true!

re: how much do houses go for at auction? i dunno, there's a pretty wide range, really. but we tripled our investment ie. the property value was 3x what we paid at auction. you basically have to pay the property taxes owed, at an auction of the type we participated in ie. the house was auctioned off by the town.

thanks for the congrats!
Ok you're still not asnwering the question. HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY.

I mean, it could be personal, but I'm simply asking to figure out how much land costs outside of Toronto.

$50,000? $100,000?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
congrats! House prices in and around St John's have risen considerably, so it sounds like you got yourself a sweet deal. Just at the right time too, NL's economic forecast is looking pretty good.

If you guys come out we definitely have to have a few together!

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
old yeller knows what he's talkin' about.

boss - you betcha! where in NL are you at these days? we're definitely coming that way soon. and yeah, we've been watching that forecast. :)

solacevip - there's no one in there now. we have some fixin' up to do and then will rent it out & someone will live there for a while. later on we're planning to make it a vacation property for ourselves and others.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Sunshyne Jones said:
boss - you betcha! where in NL are you at these days? we're definitely coming that way soon. and yeah, we've been watching that forecast. :)

downtown st. john's.

the weather is getting milder, the ten foot mounds of snow are starting to melt and today is foggy... good sign!