• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

My house is built of records AKA I still buy em do you?

dtox

TRIBE Member
King Tubby The Roots Of Dub JAMAICAN RECORDINGS LP
Marco Passarani remixes FUCKPONY Fall Into Me BPITCH Control
Jori Hulkkonen remixes Burning Hearts Night Animal SHELFLIFE 7”
Roy Ayers Daddy Bug ATLANTIC US LP
V/A "The Minimal Wave Tapes Vol.1 (2LP)" STONES Throw US 2LP (this is one well two I am so excited about!!!!!!)

Illuminati

TRIBE Member
FYI.

I still have a ton of records that I am looking to move. If anyone is looking for some pieces, drop me a line and let me know.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
It was key a key purchase for me as some of the tunes the odds of finding would be like winning lotto 649 considering how rare they are/were.
Indeed, however it is a compilation in the most utilitarian sense. Listening to it as an album is boring. I feel even though I purchased it that I am not in any way sated in listening to it.

It's a compilation for DJ's who will gladly shell out $40 for a few tracks and not care about the actual content of the compilation as a whole.

dtox

TRIBE Member
Various Livin' The Night Life HARMLESS
Various House That Jackin' Built HARMLESS
KRIKOR & THE DEAD HILLBILLIES "Land Of Truth" TIGERSUSHI Fra LP
OSBORNE "The Ghostly Remixes GHOSTLY Int US Ltd EP (1 of 300)
Efterklang & The Danish National Chamber Orch. LP+DVD
V/A "Soviet Funk Vol. 1" SECRET Stash US LP+download
Various Super Funk Vol. 1 BGP Eng 2LP
Gil Scott-Heron I'm New Here LP

and oddio, I did give a listen from begining to end and yeah you are correct, were I not a disc jock I would prob have been unexcited....

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
V/A - PopAmbient 2010 - Kompakt

the only record I have paid for (but haven't picked up yet..) this year.
:(

btw - I will be thinning my record collection in the next two months, so send me any requests you have and I will probably let it go for cheeeap.

dtox

TRIBE Member
Indeed, however it is a compilation in the most utilitarian sense. Listening to it as an album is boring. I feel even though I purchased it that I am not in any way sated in listening to it.

It's a compilation for DJ's who will gladly shell out $40 for a few tracks and not care about the actual content of the compilation as a whole.
speaking of which you oughta hear these badboys or at minimum read the inserts, best thing i have ever read in regards to justifying the purchase also a masterful assembly re:comp quality and they refer to profesional "compiler's"...

so:

Various Livin' The Night Life HARMLESS CD
Various House That Jackin' Built HARMLESS CD

find em coz I would bet most of y'all dun have these tunes

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Scored some represses and bootlegs off eBay...

Jackmaster Hater - Your Love
Jackmaster Hater - Hiccup Track
Jackmaster Curt - Real Fresh House
Tyree - Video Crash

dtox

TRIBE Member
Newly aquired:

MODESELEKTOR "Art & Cash" GET Physical GPM121EP Ltd 12"+DVD

CONFORCE "Machine Conspiracy MEANWHILE 2LP(this is the sweetest minimal I have heard in years, reminds me of everything good that ever called itself minimal)

ACID WASHED "General Motors, Detroit, America" RECORD Makers

UNITS "History Of The Units" COMMUNITY Library LP (if you like synthesizers then you ought to do some digging and check stuff like this our from the past)

PHANTOGRAM Eyelid Movies GHOSTLY Int. USLtd LP

Lee Perry Iron Man mixes ON-U SOUND Eng 12” (was not expecting this from mr perry wowsers)

Woodhands Remorsecapade Paper Bag Ltd LP (Toronto represent!!)

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Jack Master - Basement Trax Vol 1
T-Kitani - Another New Beginning
V/A - Trackhead Series Volume 7
DMX Krew - The Transactional Interpretation (The Collapse of the Wave Function Volume 5)
Hamilton Bohannon - Let's Start A Dance (Larry Levan remix)
Tyree Cooper - Da Soul Revival EP
Scan 7 feat. Aaron Carl - 4 Types of People

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Submerge "Black Mamba EP" Mote Evolver
Gella "Force Feedback" Valium
K-Alexi "3 Men And A Loft EP" Djax-Up-Beats
Cari Lekebusch "Spindizzy" Mote Evolver
Cari Lekebusch "Merry Go Round" Harthouse Mannheim
Spiral Tribe "Wild Piral Acid EP" Expresillion
Andy Vaz "Different Times / You Got Remixes EP" Yore
Lado "Elephant On Speed EP" 9 Volt
Michael Forshaw "My Burd's So Hairy She Needs Chemo EP" Coin Operated
Matt O'Brien "Remixes From The Periphery EP" Off-Key Industries
TSR "Världens Starkaste EP" Don't Records
Felix Bernhardt "Wander Zirkus EP" Snork Enterprises

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
scored a copy of Sluts Strings and 909's CARRERA album for free at the thrift shop I was volunteering at.

from da same store I also got a Teddy Pendergrast, Stephanie Mills, Cam'ron and Purple Ribbon Allstars ("I be on dat kryptonite, str8 up on dat kryptonite! ha")

and went into vancouver for the weekend.

only had a budget for one record. bought a White Knights record off of TRAX. Old hard chicago jack trax..mmmmm...

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Various Livin' The Night Life HARMLESS CD
Various House That Jackin' Built HARMLESS CD

find em coz I would bet most of y'all dun have these tunes
Got the second one a while back

The House That Jackin? Built ? The Roots Of 80?s Chicago House mp3s, The House That Jackin? Built ? The Roots Of 80?s Chicago House music downloads, The House That Jackin? Built ? The Roots Of 80?s Chicago House songs from eMusic.co

Might want to check out this one as well:

The Art Of Acid Re-Edits mp3s, The Art Of Acid Re-Edits music downloads, The Art Of Acid Re-Edits songs from eMusic.com

808 State remixing Virgo? Greg Wilson remix of "No Way Back"? Ashley Beedle kicking "7 Ways to Jack"? Ya that's all on there.

Hmm latest pickup .. prolly Morgan Geist Unclassics mix.

praktik

TRIBE Member
i also spent 4 hours last sunday organizing records. I didnt think I had enough shelving space, but heck, once everything was where it should be I had no more need for piles on the floor!

dtox

TRIBE Member
DEVO New Traditionalists Warners US LP
Various Cold Waves & Minimal Electronics Volume 1 Angular Recording Corporation180g 2LP+download $
Various 2010 (3) DIAL Ger 12”