• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

My first track ever

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Cool, nice chillin background music. :) I thought the bass got a bit out of hand as it goes on though... Nice sounding track overall...

twoblack

TRIBE Member
thanks man...the track is not mastered yet and the levels are off i need someon to do that...the bass does get distorted and many thigs do..thats why i called it "distordub"

I am soo happy that u listen to it........what other input can u give?

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
Very trippy...it nice surfin on the internet at 4am music :)

in terms of making the sound more appealing to the general public. I would edit it down abit aswell as add some changes.

also a VAN HELDEN a la 97ish 4x4 beat would make that track wikked

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
nicely shaped ambience.

Like the delayed chords

The beat is really subtle - I'm not used to that ;)

This would be great soundtrack/videogame music and could definitely benefit from a dancier remix (but this version is also very good!)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

twoblack

TRIBE Member
thanks man,

I did try to make it trippy and this beat is not for dancing per say.

U got the what i wabted to make out of this track..basically this track is for solo pleasure...listen to it by yourslef on your own...when i envisoned this track i magine the setting first as to where it would be played and then who would listen to it.

I magined this track being played at a smokey basment bar playing nice chilled dub beats smoking a massive spliff.

or surfing the net at 4am

I see where u r going with the 4/4 beat underlying the base line at the end, but i opted for a long repetitive loops because i did want to be restricted by any time limit, and i want to give every note, every loop and elemnt its due.

Further, once the listner surpasses that first shock of the length of loops and the lack of change, the listner starts to hear the hidden underlying melodies and rhythm lines hidden between the rhythm lines.

thanks for listening and thanks for the input more is welcomed

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by twoblack

once the listner surpasses that first shock of the length of loops and the lack of change, the listner starts to hear the hidden underlying melodies and rhythm lines hidden between the rhythm lines.
indeed, but one must remember that there are limits (not directed at this track:)).

i'd say it's definitely one for the 'phones.

twoblack

TRIBE Member
Hey thanks DEEPSIX

Oh by the way there is no MIDI in this

My music partner came to my place and recorded some organ loops and just added tons of plugins to the audio track..i guess the only think i used was the drums.

IS THERE ANYBODY INTERESTED IN RESHAPING TIS TRACK

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
phones is not what i envisioned...but thats cool man
no¿

hmmm, i'd say this is definitely what i'd call headphone music, but to each their own, right?

as long as you got peeps diggin' your choons, that's the important thing.

twoblack

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by docta seuss
quite nice. needs a bit more to it perhaps, but it's a nicely mellow choon.
You are right

I do feel somehw that there is something missing, thats why i aim putting it outthere so i can get some feedback form real discophiles such as yourslef.\\thansk again

twoblack

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by docta seuss
no¿

hmmm, i'd say this is definitely what i'd call headphone music, but to each their own, right?

as long as you got peeps diggin' your choons, that's the important thing.
LOL LOL LOL LOL

You know what??/ I think u have great ears cuz i made this track entirley with me headphones on..no monitor speakers...i see why you say that now...YOU ARE RIGHT MAN very much so...good one.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
WOW, I like it alot.. it's like new-dub or something.. would go perfect into an ambient hybrid set...

Nice won.

twoblack

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
WOW, I like it alot.. it's like new-dub or something.. would go perfect into an ambient hybrid set...

Nice won.
Thanks man
I hink i got the soundcard from u 2496/ in any case thanks again man
what other critique do u have?

twoblack

TRIBE Member
By the why I am trying to go a bit back and have some reggee dub elemts in there...is it noticable or did i miss the mark?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
By the why I am trying to go a bit back and have some reggee dub elemts in there...is it noticable or did i miss the mark?
It wasn't uber noticable when i listened to it.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
it's slightly there now that i know to listen for it, but it doesn't jump out at you.