• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...my first car...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member

alright, well not really. i've actually never owned a car before in my life, but when i do i'm plannin on gettin one of these. must be able to fit five friends and five friends gear while still driving a bmw to the mountain. one day soon...but living in toronto i've no real need for a car, yet alone an suv.

1. what was the first car you ever owned? what was her/his name?

2. what is the most fun car you've ever driven? why?

1. see above
2. mini cooper s

the mini handled like a juiced up go-kart designed by germans. sooo much fun blazin 'round corners at 80km :D imho, well overpriced for what you get.

- that my money's on the little guy

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
well I didnt really own it but i drove it whenever the fuck i wanted so I guess that counts, a shit brown acadien with only am radio!!
best car ever though I used to try to race the guys I hung out with that all drove mustangs, that was fun times.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
1. Honda Civic Si 96 (still own her)
Her name is Amyj.. i transferred ownership of her to someone in my family to avoid insurance headaches.. During the process I had to change the license plate, and I ended up with an AMYJ.. i love her. (but i've almost had enough of the cunt!)

2. Unfortunately my experience with other people's car doesn't go too far. But I guess it would have to be the Intrepid that I rented a few years ago.. It had a semi-automatic and so it was my first trip into non-automatic world (even thought it's electronically controlled and not really much different than automatic, but I digress). I got that puppy up to 220 on the 407 one day, and boy did it feel sweet!

JMan

TRIBE Member
I've never owned a car, but used to boot around in my Mom's '90 Camry... I like renting - always a new car, always different and I never have to clean it!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
First and only car I've owned so far...and still own.

My 1993 Honda Civic CX Hatchback.

I call her "Baby"

I love her...but she's getting old....I think I need to start looking for something new soon.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
1st Car

Maroon Hyundai Pony
Called it a Piece of Shit!

I drove a Lincoln Aviator the other day, it was fun in the snow.

pr0nstar :D

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
1. Toyota MR-2 which I called "The M.R.".
2. BMW Z4 3.0 - drive it top down and around some twisty roads and you'll find out why BMW uses the slogan "The Ultimate Driving Machine".

Cheers ... Ian :)

g0nz0

TRIBE Member

1984 audi 5000...yes thats right, audi 5g!
called it WALTER, on account of the name of the mechanic who was always having to repair it. best when said in thick german accent.

best car was my dad's friends porsche 911. so sweet, fast, but it was tough getting used to that reverse clutch.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by that 420 guy

the mini handled like a juiced up go-kart designed by germans. sooo much fun blazin 'round corners at 80km :D imho, well overpriced for what you get.

- that my money's on the little guy
Did you attend the test-flight event at Downsview too? I was on the last session of the day so I had a bit of time to flog it around the faux-autox track. It handles brilliantly - changes directions almost telepathically. I still can't believe how deep I braked into the bus-stop chicane without knocking down a cone. I completely forgot about the chicane as I exited the final corner and was still WOT until 20 feet away...I was still looking in the mirrors during the slalom checking to see if I knocked down any cones behind me. Good times...good times... :D

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by g0nz0

1984 audi 5000...yes thats right, audi 5g!
called it WALTER, on account of the name of the mechanic who was always having to repair it. best when said in thick german accent.

best car was my dad's friends porsche 911. so sweet, fast, but it was tough getting used to that reverse clutch.

what does a reverse clutch mean?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by that 420 guy

[color=red][size=3][b]1. what was the first car you ever owned? what was her/his name?

2. what is the most fun car you've ever driven? why?[/b][/size][/color]

[/B][/QUOTE]

1. 1992 Infiniti G20 sweet-ass car (Yeah I was spoiled)
[img]http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/march02/images/kyle17.jpg

2. Probably a Honda Civic Si-R or my Old Sunfire GT.
- the Honda because it had a hi-revving V-Tec engine
- the SunfireGT because it had a lot of tourque and one of the only aumotics I've driven that actually peeled when you stpped on the gas.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I bought my first car in 1990, a 79 Mazda RX 7. I called her 'The Grey Ghost.'

She was a sex machine with black leather bucket seats! I don't know how many chicks I banged in or on this car. There were high heel scratches on the trunk.

She was lousey in the winter - had no balls and wouldn't start if the temperature went below -10.

Around 1996 I bought a 1988 GMC F150 Pick Up. This one looks rather nice. Mine was much more run down. I called 'it' the 'The Blue Bomber.'

This was a strickly A to B vehicle that I could get cheap. I wasn't to prove of this beast but I did help a lot of people move and I did help alot of people with backyard projects.

In 1998 I got into a 94 Chevy Cavalier z24. I called him 'The Black Night.'

This car, while not fancy, was reliable in the extreme. I had virutally no problems to speak of, drove this car for years, and put over 185,000 Km/s on her. He's cruising still.

This year (only six weeks ago) I got into a 98 Volkswagon Jetta VR 6. I haven't got a name for her yet, perhaps 'The Green Dream' because it I love her so much!

British racing green and tan leather seats - Boo La! This thing is soo sweet! There is no comparison between European and American cars. You can feel the quality and precision. The system the bomb as well (I'm loving the CD changer.) This thing also has POWER! Once you go V6, those puny V4s can't cut it anymore.

The nicest car I ever rode was my brother in laws Audi TT roadster, softop. I think that's what flying in a fighter jet feels like. Right now he's driving a modified Audi S4 - a station wagon with a V12 that can hit 280 km/hr. Sick!

Last edited:

alcid

TRIBE Member
1st car I owned was a 1986 MX6. It was fast and fun to drive.

Most interesting car I've driven was my gf's 1978 Gremlin X. This thing was a monster. 6 cylinder, practically the size of compact SUV's today (at least that's what it felt like when driving) and power steering so strong you could spin the wheel all the way around while not even moving. It was hell to drive but fun at the same time just because it was so damn ugly...

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclectic

TRIBE Member

This was the first car I ever drove....my dad's 1959 MG-A. (far right)

Love it....wish he'd leave it to me someday...but unfortunately....it goes to my sister.

Damn firstborn!

Poot

TRIBE Member
1973 AMC Gremlin X

'cept mine was blue. With random splotches of Bondo and sheet metal painted in various hues where the body work had been done (by my awesome dad :) )

Her name was "Grover"

And how I loved her.... *sighs*

Sometimes, (seemed to only happen @ my highschool parking lot... huh?) I would have to pop the hood and hammer at the starter motor to get the ignition to shut off.

No power steering.

No power brakes.

And, oh, how I loved her....

Last edited:

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: ~*...my first car...*~

Originally posted by Mr_Furious
- the SunfireGT because it had a lot of tourque and one of the only aumotics I've driven that actually peeled when you stpped on the gas.
That isn't because of the amount of torque ... it is cuz of the shittiness of the tires. ;)

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
what does a reverse clutch mean?
well...its weird...the pedal goes not down to the floor like a normal clutch, but sort of up...so instead of pushing your foot down to the ground, you push through the pedal. maybe i am using incorrect terminology, but its how it seems to make sense to me.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: ~*...my first car...*~

Originally posted by Soundstream
That isn't because of the amount of torque ... it is cuz of the shittiness of the tires. ;)
I was gonna say something, that thought...meh, it's tribe.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic

This was the first car I ever drove....my dad's 1959 MG-A. (far right)

Love it....wish he'd leave it to me someday...but unfortunately....it goes to my sister.
I was supposed to get an MG-B (1978, I think), but my parents gave it away to my aunt/uncle when we went to live in England.

They have since restored it completely and enter it in car shows around the province. I just always remember loving the smell of the old interior.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I just always remember loving the smell of the old interior.

Exactly! Nothing like that smell...it brings back so many memories of learning to drive stick.

Now I want one.....damnit, maybe I'll convince my dad I'm the better child who deserves the classic British car!

And he bought it brand new! Yup, he's owned it for almost 50 years!

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: ~*...my first car...*~

I think it had more to do with the tourque.

The GT had 150hp matched with 155lbs-ft of tourque as opposed to the G20 which had 140hhp matched with a measley 115lbs.-ft or tourque. The G20 wouldn't peel if I was on an incline on a wet road.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: ~*...my first car...*~

Originally posted by Balzz
Did you attend the test-flight event at Downsview too? I was on the last session of the day so I had a bit of time to flog it around the faux-autox track. It handles brilliantly - changes directions almost telepathically. I still can't believe how deep I braked into the bus-stop chicane without knocking down a cone. I completely forgot about the chicane as I exited the final corner and was still WOT until 20 feet away...I was still looking in the mirrors during the slalom checking to see if I knocked down any cones behind me. Good times...good times... :D
nah, i was walkin home from work one day and i was dressed for a meeting (tie and everything)...so i thought to myself hey, i look like i can afford a mini so i waltzed in there and pretended i was interested in buying a car. didn't have $30grand in my pocket though.

balzz, was the mini s the most fun car you've driven?

1. what was the first car you ever owned? what was her/his name?

2. what is the most fun car you've ever driven? why?

- that curious guy :cool: