• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

my first 12"

why not

TRIBE Member
i just got copies of the first 12" with my name on it!
woo hoo!

here's the description piccadilly gave it:

Dirty 30 : Rip It Off
Truffle
Rip It Off
Rip It Off (Steve Yanko 86 Mix)
The Truffle debutants return with a second 12" of weirdo dubbed-out 'house-not-house', which is exactly what "Rip It Off" is, if it's anything. Steve Yanko's shuffling mix introduces some extra layers of wigged out guitar, 80s reverb, drum spasms and bass patrol for nearly nine minutes of unhinged excellence.

12" - TRUFFLE04 - £6.99

so much more exciting than having my name on a CD.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
vveerrgg said:
you'll get the itch and want more.
there's a few more planned for this year, but with other labels, and under my own name (this one was a collaboration with alphonse lanza).

db

TRIBE Member
why not said:
there's a few more planned for this year, but with other labels, and under my own name (this one was a collaboration with alphonse lanza).
This may seem like a stupid question but what is your name? :)

db

TRIBE Member
OK -- that's what I thought. So your psuedonym is Dirty 30 on this release? Juno has Dirty 30 with another previous release on Truffle US called Red Temple Balls -- is that you as well?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
db said:
OK -- that's what I thought. So your psuedonym is Dirty 30 on this release? Juno has Dirty 30 with another previous release on Truffle US called Red Temple Balls -- is that you as well?
Dirty 30 is what alphonse is using for most of his productions these days - that previous truffle release was him collaborating with some other guy.
it's a good record, way more disco than what we did.
i almost wish we'd come up with a name specific to this, but it made sense to capitalise on the previous Dirty 30 stuff, as it got a pretty good reaction in disco-nouveau circles.
god, we really need to come up with a better word for all this weirdo-disco stuff.

leisure

TRIBE Promoter
no shit Ben! House-not-House, Disco-not-Disco, Nu-Disco, Deep Disco, Leftfield, etc...

fuck it, keep it that way.