• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

My dream came true tonight! I have to share!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I've always wanted, since I was a kid, to go to Fashion Cares(annual fashion gala to benefit the AIDS Commitee of Toronto). I used to watch Fashion Television and say, "I'm gonna be there one day and get involved!"

Well, you're looking at the photography coordinator for the backstage area of Fashion Cares (annual AIDS benefit Fashion Gala in Toronto)! I shall be on the exclusive MAC Cosmetics Team.
I got offered the position tonight!

I get:
-to coordinate the models and photographers in regards to the MAC promotional photo shoots happening before the models go on the runway and to make sure everything runs smoothly backstage-wise
-all-access to the show and all VIP areas
-to schmooze with industry contacts (she said this will definitely give me more opportunities)
-a WICKED thing to put on my resume
-to go to the media launch party this wednesday with one of the co-chairs (I'm gonna be her date) and schmooze with MTV, MUCH, Fashion File, the models, Fashion TV and others so that I can get acquainted with everyone, I guess
-shoot my own stuff backstage whenever possible

And to top it off, I just found one of my dad's wicked 70's skinny pinstripe suits. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes for a charity fashion event. I rather donate the money to AIDS prevention that I would've spent on a suit or pants or whatever.

I AM SO HAPPY about this!!!
Yay!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
good work sunnykins!!!!
im proud of you!
(although this wednesday wouldnt be our nite at tonic wednesday would it?)

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
hey sunny just remember one thing. i got you in to a private party, backstage, and vip access to meet ron jeremy so i expect to play tag along I'm the driver on this one :)

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
ok well at some point in the nite you will have to come get your present..its not really something you'd wanna carry around in public i don't think..unless you are into public mastubation..in which case i can bring it to tonic, and we can have a good ol fashioned circlejerk.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
sunny's been faking all along, he's really über-hetero. his life is one big scheme to get backstage at a fashion show and secretly take photos of hot hot hot models changing and running around in their underwear

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj_jake_the_snake
hey sunny just remember one thing. i got you in to a private party, backstage, and vip access to meet ron jeremy so i expect to play tag along I'm the driver on this one :)

LOL.
Aren't you gonna wish me breast wishes?

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by breakz_btch
nice job!!!!!!! congratulations :D did this fashion show happen to occur tonight at around 5pm?

*jen*

oh. no, there is no joke..........i was just curious if u got this from going to a fashion show today (sunday). cuz my friends bf was in it. that is all:D

shush! it's been a long ass weekend! :p

*jen*

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
sunny's been faking all along, he's really über-hetero. his life is one big scheme to get backstage at a fashion show and secretly take photos of hot hot hot models changing and running around in their underwear

Yes, and usher them around so that they know which photographer to see. Some of them aren't that bright, I heard.

atomic

TRIBE Member
way to go sunny. I went the last two years and had an absolute blast. everybody looks great and loves to party. you'll have an awesome time!

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Sunny I'm happy for you... you must be psyched!!
It sounds like an amazing opportunity!
congrats sweetie :)

labRat

TRIBE Member
a) congrats!
b) can I help you carry around your film and lens covers?
c)
Originally posted by MoFo
-shoot my own stuff backstage whenever possible
uh ... they may have a problem with this one. i think JiB was right on about the hetero thing.

--craig

dimpy

TRIBE Member
yaaay sunny,

fashion cares is amazing and it's for a good cause too. my mom's getting my ticket for my b-day.
if you can get to know phillip ng, he's a really great guy, and a most likely ab amazing hook up. (look for glory anne too, i think she does a lot with the photography aspect)

now the only thing is that you'll have to party with me at the after party (shirt off of course, all in the name of circuity goodness)

vox

TRIBE Member
yay sunny! i was pestering her via email to give you a shout.

so now that i've done my part...can you PLEASE call me and tell me what the dilly was with that "very important" phone call a while back?

xoxo

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox
yay sunny! i was pestering her via email to give you a shout.

so now that i've done my part...can you PLEASE call me and tell me what the dilly was with that "very important" phone call a while back?

xoxo

Haha! That was it! Thank you for giving her a shout since I don't see Darren and Michelle that often. ANd strange how you told me she was thinking of me when I ran into you on the train, eh? Fate. :)