• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

My condolences...

mingster

TRIBE Member
A man was reading the Globe & Mail on the streetcar this morning, and the front page had a huge picture at the funeral of Marc Leger. His wife was standing with her hand on the heart, tears streaming down her face. She looked like it was all she could do to not want to die herself, right there.

I just wanted to express my condolences to the wives and girlfriends and the children of these soldiers. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose half of you in such an unacceptable manner.

I hope they don't try to make sense of it.
It's war...it doesn't make sense.

Ming.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Honestly... here's what I think we'll get out this inquiry.

It will be determined that the bombing of our Canadian soldiers was a result of human error, and a result of a flawed system. No one will face personal responsibility because they will tell us that involved everyone acted within their own boundaries and didn't violate any rules.

Then we'll get a general statement of regret ("this is a terrible tragedy, blah blah blah...") and assurances that things like this probably won't happen again.

So really, when it's all said and done: nothing.

I seriously *hope* that someone or some people face personal responsibility for this, like the pilot, the people at HQ who didn't notice that he was flying over a training zone, some commander for not relaying the information that training was taking place... but I'm not holding my breath.

Pete

Preroller

TRIBE Member
:(

A guy I worked with at my previous job is in the battalion that this happened to, and lost a close friend. I agree with you Pete, that is exactly what is going to happen...
I would like to talk to Tim when he gets back and maybe he knows what really happened, although he probably wont be able to tell people, and I would hate to have to ask him to try and relive any of these tragic events. Boo
Dave

mingster

TRIBE Member
It makes me sad to think about how many women, and men, have lost their partners within the last few months...all over the world. For such stupidity.

The biggest problem in the world
could have been solved
when it was small.
-- Witter Bynner

Ming.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Let's think about all the innocent people in Afghanistan, Isreal, Ireland, Africa, South America and anywhere else who die every day to forward someone else's rabid ideology.

I agree this is a tragedy, but they were soldiers, and the danger is always there, no matter who dropped the bomb.

I really feel for the families of the dead, but let's not forget the mountains of pain felt by countless civilians who watch their families get hacked to death with machetes, children who lose their legs to forgotten land mines, people who see someone they love torn apart in front of them as a car bomb rips through a shopping district in Anywhere, Planet Earth.

BBB.

Meh. We're very lucky to have been born where we are.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
I'm with you on this one!

When something like this happens it hits me very close to home!

I grew up as an army brat living in various safe places (and not so safe places) aroud the world. Living w/my family and away from my family because those not-so-safe places did not allow for family to accompany. Then a little bit later in life I experienced the army life (if only for a little while) for myself.

Its so unfortunate and terrible that these things happen but I think the most terrible thing about these events is that the families that are left behind very rarely know the truth about what has gone on. Everything always comes down to blame vs. being politically correct which is the same in all walks of life.

The bottom line is nobody can replace the people that we've lost because we are human and these people leave an imprint on us ... but because we are these same human beings we are liable to make mistakes ... sometimes tragic mistakes that we have to live with. I guess in a situation like this .. nobody wins!

I'm with you on this one mingster .. my thought go out to all those who have lost ... and hoping that something positive comes out of all of this .. othewise .. what is the point???

Linzee xxx

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I think the U.S.'s reaction towards this incident it deplorable.

We get a small murmer of regret from Bush, and judging by the lack of coverage of the story in the U.S. media (I get american satellite), I get the indication that the U.S. doesnt really give a flying shit what they did to our soldiers who are fighting their bullshit war. I think the U.S. has a history of getting to complacent with their allies (as the Taliban once was) until they feel a backlash, and this is just the latest chapter.

YOU FUCKING YANKEE SAUSAGE PEOPLE GET A FUCKING GRIP!

These are your allies you just casually bombed the shit out of!
Haven't you learned yet from your history of having your head up your asses.

It enrages me.

But you know, part of the problem is that we have a fucking pushover goof running our country that can't make a decision on his own. Mr. Cretien! The U.S. thinks you're a fucking joke!.
Resign now and while your at it dissove the Liberal party cuz god knows you fuckwads don't do anything but bicker and tie up the progression of a nation. The branding of your party through effective marketing has tainted the Canadian public's mind into believeing that you guys do something benificial for the government. We are a country in stasis. Stop relying on Trudeau's legacy to get a vote cuz soon those people that remember the Trudeau era will be dead, and your cuts to education will ensure that the following generation will not learn or know of him.. or you! Your days in office are numbered, dated only by the failing infastructure of your Country.

Fucking rant over.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Testify Rob!

Chretien needs to go. Liberals are just Progressive Conservetives in sheep's clothing. Pussy-ass sheep's clothing at that.

Pete

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
Marc Leger lived in Lancaster, which is a small town just down the road from where my parents live. I don't know him personally but I do know what the devastation of such an accident can do to a small town.

It just doesn't make sense, and people just don't understand, but being part of a small town in a circumstance like this really does help because everyone pulls together, and supports the family and friends.

It is these people that make going on bearable.

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
thought I'd share a small story..

The day after the event a friend and I were driving back to Montreal from Halifax. As you may know two of the four killed were from Nova Scotia.

At the NS/NB border there are three Nova Scotian flags and three New Brunswick flags. When we passed out of NS we saw that the three NB flags were at half-staff. Of the three NS flags they just pulled down two of them half-way and the other was left flying normally.

That kind of stuff can get to be too much sometimes. But I thought that was simple and dignified. Kind of cool.

Viceroy

TRIBE Member
I offer my sympathies to the dead soldiers. And I am an American! Yes, as hard as it may seem to understand, I am American and have feelings!

It really irks me that when our government makes a horrible mistake, it can't even begin to makeup for what was done. But there is really nothing I can do to change that, it is the way our government has been acting for ages.

I guess the means I take to try and change that is not to vote. I find voting a complete waste of time since those in power are generally not there for the right reasons.

Rest in Peace,
Steve

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Viceroy
I offer my sympathies to the dead soldiers. And I am an American! Yes, as hard as it may seem to understand, I am American and have feelings!

It really irks me that when our government makes a horrible mistake, it can't even begin to makeup for what was done. But there is really nothing I can do to change that, it is the way our government has been acting for ages.

I guess the means I take to try and change that is not to vote. I find voting a complete waste of time since those in power are generally not there for the right reasons.

Rest in Peace,
Steve

But you're in Buffalo, so I'm sure being so close to the Canadian border you are kept in touch with Canadian issues more than the average American. Is the coverage of the incident, in your opinion, appropriate, or sub-par.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Viceroy

Rest in Peace,
Steve

I've actually noticed quite a large outpouring of sympathy from average americans on this event.

Thanks. :)

Ming.

xtollo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Resign now and while your at it dissove the Liberal party cuz god knows you fuckwads don't do anything but bicker and tie up the progression of a nation. The branding of your party through effective marketing has tainted the Canadian public's mind into believeing that you guys do something benificial for the government. We are a country in stasis. Stop relying on Trudeau's legacy to get a vote cuz soon those people that remember the Trudeau era will be dead, and your cuts to education will ensure that the following generation will not learn or know of him.. or you! Your days in office are numbered, dated only by the failing infastructure of your Country.
Well said Otis. Mr. Chretiens is staying put that I'm sure of. I don't really mind the Liberals as much as Chretiens stubborness to admit he blows. I heard he intends to stay in office just as much as some other Liberal leaders (King and Trudeau). heh

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtollo

Well said Otis. Mr. Chretiens is staying put that I'm sure of. I don't really mind the Liberals as much as Chretiens stubborness to admit he blows. I heard he intends to stay in office just as much as some other Liberal leaders (King and Trudeau). heh

He's an arrogant prick.
And his party has no true opposition represented.

Pete said it best, they are just another PC party in disguise.
At least we don't have it as bad as the Americans.

But it's getting that way.