• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

my 32 seconds at fucking tonic gawwwd

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
oh my gawd like how can they do this to me? i show up wearing my puma's and my fucking pink scarf and they don't let me in because as they say "you are too drunk" oh my gawd don't they know who they are dealing with? he he he

well i had fun aside from having to leave early (as did a lot of people). it's just that time of year.

i hope everyone enjoyed molesiting sunny as much as i did (and as much as i advocated). my rule: everyone grab a hold of sunny's fat ass at least once during the night. :)

and to the man who was wearing the mr. T shirt BRAVO :) your style is faux pas cool. keep it up phoo :)

alright i'm drunk cheers :)

Moez

TRIBE Member
I had a great time tonight,.
I know I shouldn't have gone but it was a double celebration.
Sunny's birthday, and my first composition. Is there a better reason to go out on the town?

Tonight I was slightly confused by the music. Robb was shaking it up wonderfully, but then when Jelo came on it was good, but there seemed to be a lot of stop and go. Just when I thought would have more than 8 beats to dance he would be on to the next record.

nonetheless, watching the funk-style dancers in the back of the breaks room was unreal. I am so unbelievably fascinated with that style of dancing. Thanks to Hal-9000 for giving me the "low-down"

Happy Birthday Sunny.
and to my partners in Crime, Lo and Vindertron, thanks to you as well for a great night out on the town.

~ J.

G

I got this shot, over my shoulder as we were struttin down King St. this fine morning...

Breaks_Btch, Loress and MoFo.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

The music was ok, I'm not a big fan of breaks but I'm starting to like it.

It was nice to meet some Tribers.

Seemed like a regular night at Tonic but with breaks.

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I had a great time. I was depressed all day and the music really cheered me up. oh, and it was great seeing everyone last night!! too bad we had to take off so early.

Sunny you looked hot! I hope you had a great time, and aren't hurting too much today.

I can't wait to give you your present (I know... stop saying that and just give it to ya already.. jeez)

Happy birthday!

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
and another thing, Robb G is the most adorable Dj in the world - besides my Muushka ofcourse. I love it when they're having fun!

vinder

TRIBE Member
robb g rocked it. i loved his set!

jelo came on, and well, while i was there, he seemed to take it down about 10 notches. had a couple really long builds, lasting minutes, upon which i thought that a really nasty beat would be dropped, only to be disappointed. ah well, i'm just getting my feet wet with breaks as i've only recently started listening to nu-skool stuff, maybe i just don't know anything :)

cheers to the lo-jo crew for the pre and post party antics. it was GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIOUUUUUUUUUUS!

overall, quite a fun night, hope you had fun sunny, happy birthday!!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Robb G & Jelo

Went down to Tonic after my radio show with Kevin (Dj Red Turtle).
Wasn't much happening in the main room, so decided to head into the backroom. (We came to see Robb & Jelo).
Anyways, it was my first time seeing them both so I didn't quite know what to expect.
Robb G threw in some really nice groovy breaks, recognized quite a few of them, pretty amazing.
When Jelo came on, he blew the roof away imo. Tracks after tracks which never ceased to amaze me. I remembered thinking to myself every 3 mins 'what the hell??! This track is the shit!'
Our original plan was to leave 10mins after 1am. But his set was so rockin', so twisted, yet so funky that we both stayed and danced to the wicked shit he was throwing in. Very impressed with the track selections and the skills layed down on the decks. His set was one of the most innovative sets I have ever witnessed. (What the hell have I been doing all the while?? haha.. I seldom go clubbing so.. that's my excuse.) There was this track which I can't trainspot, well, it is still lingering in my head. *shrugs*
Anyways, I enjoyed myself totally and will definitely drop by again to see Jelo's shit.
Damn......... he definitely left quite an impression on me.
I might as well go get his CD.

Aaron

me

TRIBE Member
I had a fun time in the "Breaks Den" last night. Robb G was on and Jelo was playin' the requests, thanks for the Bosco! All they need now is some speakers. Good way to kick things off, hope it sticks. Wasn't feelin' the house vibe last night, though S+H had the peeps movin'. As always S+H, cheers for the hooks'sup!
And to the 2 hotties "FUCK IT UP ROBB g!!"
bOOZe CaN on a Wednesday? WHAT?
STRAIGHT IN, DOUBLE OUT.

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
FUCK IT UP JELO!!!!!!!! hahaha..........that's me and lori for yea :D oh how funny!

I had a great time lastnight considering the fact i wasn't gonna come out due to work at 830am...BLAH! yea, i wasn't supposed to drink either, but since robb kept handing me drink tic. all night, i just had to :).....ur lucky by the way robb ;)

wikkid sets by robb and jelo. Made for some entertainment with my partner in crime LORI! u make me laugh so hard!

hay bday sunny. hope u had a good one! ur too cute for words :) thanx josh for driving lori and i....funtimes and struggles on the car ride home! haha...........oh, and that picture in the street is hilarious! but such a terrible pic. of the one in the cub! definitly fun times! hope the night of breakz works out for yea robb! Fin seeing everyone again!

*jen*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Originally posted by vinder
had a couple really long builds, lasting minutes, upon which i thought that a really nasty beat would be dropped, only to be disappointed.
bwhahahaha.....I was watching you during an extra-long buildup and you began by shaking your head, getting really into. Then the drop didn't come, so you stood there and waited and next thing I see you're looking at your watch. Classic one Vinder.

MBoy

TRIBE Member
Fun times were had by all. Happy Birthday Sunny. Breaks at Tonic is a welcome addition, and it had a smile on my face the entire night. What a great turnout, the back room absolutely destroyed the main room, there was a huge draw.

I had a great time, and I feel like crap today as a result. Good thing I have no responsibilities today, or there'd be trouble. Tried to count down to the drop with Vinder on Jelo's set a couple of times but just gave up when it never seemed to come. He was having a great time up there spinning breaks. Robb ripped shit up to open the room... way to set the gold standard.

Cheers to all involved and to everyone who was there.

-Duncanstein (eh?)

maddog

TRIBE Member
First off Ruben and I would like to thank everyone who made it out last night. With the addition of the BREAKS room hopefully it'll bring some new faces and some serious mid week partiers back.

I did get to see a bit of Robb G and Jelo who had people smiling till close. The thing about breaks, no matter what style they bring up the energy and vibe, it's pure party music. Thanks to all the people who danced in main room, other than a couple shady mixes on my part I had a geat time. Hope you enjoyed it too. S & H followed up with the dirtyhouse and before you knew it the night was over. Also nice to see so many hot ladies. Anyone and I mean anyone who would like free guestlist for future Wednesdays email me at djrubyjay@hotmail.com Don't be shy
:cool: Jay

CC

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
I got this shot, over my shoulder as we were struttin down King St. this fine morning...

Breaks_Btch, Loress and MoFo.

sunny's always got the hot ladies hanging around

CC

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer

Sunny looking pensive.

Haha, this was probably me thinking, "I'm not drunk enough."

THANK you all for coming out. I'd like to say that this was DEFINITELY a birthday to remember. My first official celebration!
I'll agree with most of you, ROBB G was wicked. Had me boppin' my head, shakin' my ass for a lot of the set. But Jelo was surprisingly... disappointing. But still a good set. Laid down some of my favourite tracks.

The turnout was incredible. I shall spank anyone who decided to shaft my birthday. You were missed but I will not miss the target that will be your butt.

Thanks to Headwinds for accompanying me to the Fashion Cares media launch party. Free booze, anorexic models and A LOT of flamboyant, black-wearing gay guys acting all "froo-froo." Can't beat that. And Jeanne Beker working the place. Pretention is fun in small doses.

And then what did I do when I stumbled home? Laid my wine-ridden body down "for 5 minutes." Needless to say, I was late for my own birthday. Heh.

Mingster and Doodlebug, that card will be kept forever in my special place for special things. It's fucking adorable.

Sunkist, the BEST present EVER! And I'm not talking about the copy of "Jock Magazine" from 1997. I'm talking about the homemade card. Like I said, brought warm fuzzy tinglies to my heart. YOU KNEW that I was battling consumerism at this point in time or something and your gift meant SO MUCH to me. MUCH LOVE.

And yes it is frustrating when I deny everyone's free drink offers, eh? I'm Chinese. What can I say? In my culture, it's tradition for the birthday boy to treat everyone else. That's the custom. Hence, the guestlist. Robb G, you made my b-day fantastic. One for the books. And thanks for the booze. You too Vinder. You treat me so well.

Thanks to Jake the Snake for grabbing my ass. I'll give you back your favourite pink scarf the next time I see you, lardass. :D Don't think you can get away with touching private property. You're next.

What was funny was after I said a million goodbyes and I looked up, no one was around anymore. I was the only one left. And I thought, "ok.. I guess I should go home now..." Weekday, schmeekday. I woke up nice and fresh for my morning presentation. :D

A big thank you to Tearer for the ride home. That was SO unnecessary and like I said, dinner is on me. What a fucking awesome surprise to see you. I had no idea you'd come and I was just going through Josh-withdrawal.

Good times all around. Got up for school WITHOUT a hangover! Whoohoo! All of you, I love you. And I am so thankful (how many times do I have to use this frickin' word?) for how amazing all of you are. Can't wait till next year. :)

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories