• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mutek 10 anyone?

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
^^^
Haha, I guess, but going to the DEMF without going to the after parties is like sex where your not allowed to finish.

So, a little number crunchin then because Mutek adds the after parties into the ticket price. My weekend pass includes the day and evening events.

In Detroit that would be $40 plus three after parties ($20-25) = about $100 american give er take, or the price of a weekend Mutek pass.

Hmmm. Have fun at DEMF.
well, only 2 after parties as i'm coming back monday night so i can catch a plane to england tuesday... but point taken. :D

jus me

TRIBE Member
Looking into it...booking a hotel for the first time for Mutek. Les Apts Tyrol are already sold out....

Has anyone done the Quality Inn deal? Or any of the other hotel deals they have going on?

BTW, last day to buy passes at presale prices end tomorrow! :eek: Gee, that was fast.

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
Looking into it...booking a hotel for the first time for Mutek. Les Apts Tyrol are already sold out....

Has anyone done the Quality Inn deal? Or any of the other hotel deals they have going on?

BTW, last day to buy passes at presale prices end tomorrow! :eek: Gee, that was fast.
they were selling passes at the show with an interac machine at the merch booth. but they weren't even at presale rates which i thought was a bit weird.

anyways it was a great party, i got there for the second half of the night. guillaume was playing a handsonic and he continued to play when the mole went on. the bouncers told them to stop at around 2-2:30 and then they ducked down behind the decks to pretend they had disappeared it was funny :p

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
they were selling passes at the show with an interac machine at the merch booth. but they weren't even at presale rates which i thought was a bit weird.

anyways it was a great party, i got there for the second half of the night. guillaume was playing a handsonic and he continued to play when the mole went on. the bouncers told them to stop at around 2-2:30 and then they ducked down behind the decks to pretend they had disappeared it was funny :p
re: last thursday
guillame and his 'hand drumming' over the Moles set forced me to say some nasty shit and leave the club in a huff.

worse than poo-dread hippies bringing their bongos to play over everyones set....

really wanted to see Mole WITHOUT a fucking handdrumming trainwreck cutting through the set.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Wasn't feeling guillame that much myself either. Ahwell,

In other news, pre-sale prices have been extended for another 48 hours

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Also,

I stayed at the Quality Inn last year, close to most of the venues / subway. When we called to book it for the "Mutek Package" they had no idea what we were talking about, but ended up getting a cheaper deal than what Mutek was offering anyways.

Note: Beware the bottle of water. They put a big bottle of water there, and you think "Score, water, I'm thirsty after this long trip to Montreal", then they charge you $5 bucks for it .. sneaky sneaky. They even ask you during check out, "Did you drink the water?" ... kinda funny actually.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I am thinking about jumping on the VIA deal.

Unless anyone is leaving Friday and has room in their car?

Send a brother a PM is that is the case. Gas money and good company assured!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
spence i'm thinking about heading there for the saturday night, would be happy to give you a lift.

still on the fence though, trying to recruit some kids to come

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erika

TRIBE Member
re: last thursday
guillame and his 'hand drumming' over the Moles set forced me to say some nasty shit and leave the club in a huff.

worse than poo-dread hippies bringing their bongos to play over everyones set....

really wanted to see Mole WITHOUT a fucking handdrumming trainwreck cutting through the set.
Destro I love you! You have no idea how many parties I've been to where I've stormed up to someone (or out the door) saying "that bloody drumming has got to stop".

SubMissioN

TRIBE Member
I have friends coming up from Montreal this weekend so i could always go back with them and check it out. I may just do that.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Taking the train in Friday after work. I think I will hit Saturday if Carl Craig is confirmed to have arrived in town. I have tried to see him three times now and he has bailed on all of them. Sunday should be epic. I am looking forward to what gsnuff calls "The Populist Piknic".

Last edited:

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
^ Is that the installation with the balloons? I'm gonna try to check that out. Also scored tix for carl craig and ricardo, so i may be seeing you around!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Sweet. I am thinking the Saturday afternoon showing ATOM 2 at 2:30 will work for me. Do you think they will get mad if I grab one of the balloons and inhale it and start singing Camptown Races?

praktik

TRIBE Member
We'll be in ottawa for my dad's b-day jam on the saturday - likely we'll pop over on sunday (pending hangover severity) for a lil villalobos @ piknik before shlepping ourselves back to tha tee dot

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Destro I love you! You have no idea how many parties I've been to where I've stormed up to someone (or out the door) saying "that bloody drumming has got to stop".
ha.

just noticed this.

i actually went up to the lady from mutek at the merch table and complained (err yelled!) and told them I paid for a MOLE set - not a jam session with the funky drummer!!!

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
IF ANYONE IS DRIVING UP SATURDAY MORNING OR AFTERNOON HOOK A NILLA UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAIGSLIST IS DRIVING ME CARAZY AND I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A TRAIN!!!

thanks in adv.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders