• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Must Watch: Behind the Scenes of a Police Riot (cops own footage)

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/12942/Quite_A_Chilling_Video

this is insane. the footage is from police cameras, so you can hear what they're saying about the protestors. watch them target innocent people for simply being there, see how they single out people in masks and film every possible detail, down to footwear. if you're going to protest, cover your face and dress differently than normal. your identity is important to them. god only knows why...

what do they need this information for? why is it so important?

there's even one spot near the beginning where they get a guy's sin# from running a face shot IN REAL TIME.

apologies in advance for the footage of the third reich. it's not inappropriate, but i would prefer the ensuing discussion NOT be about the choice of stock footage as it's not particularly relevant.

just watch it.

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
Looks interesting, the video is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly choppy right now..grrr.

Edit: Pause it and let it download.

Last edited:

KiFe

TRIBE Member
If it's a political demo with no intent for mischeif, why the need for masks?

Could the cops be targeting those with masks because they expect that those would be the ones most likely to cause mischeif later in the demo?

If you're not doing (or intend on doing) anything wrong, why the need to hide your face?

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
you need masks so you don't end up in their database. you don't want that shit on your file. face recognitions software is pretty good these days (as you can see when they call up that guy's sin# from a face shot in like 5 seconds)

KiFe

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
you need masks so you don't end up in their database. you don't want that shit on your file. face recognitions software is pretty good these days (as you can see when they call up that guy's sin# from a face shot in like 5 seconds)

From the dialog (not the narration) it sounds like alot of these troopers know some of these people by name... perhaps due to past altercations.

Isn't it plausible that they pull up that guy's sin number so easily simply because they are already familiar with him?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
perhaps.

but the security system for the greek olympics was able to pick faces out of a crowd, screen them, and then zero in on targets and read their lips in huhndreds of languages. it is not a stretch to imagine that the US has something similar, espeically when they seem so hell bent on getting all that face footage.

the dialog on that part is funny too. they're all like 'he's hiding his face, he's the leader' etc. they don't seem to recognize that guy, except for as 'that guy' from an earlier protest. they do not identify him by name or say anything about knowing him, then when he turns to the camera, they get his face, there's a five second pause, and then they say 'social security number...' like they're waiting for something. then they say 'got it' and go arrest him shortly therafter.

i'm not ruling out that they could have got his sin# form other sources, but it really does look a lot like they pull it form the video.

here's the new scientist article about the athens system. i read a mroe detailed one earlier, but this is all i can find in a pinch (i gotta go get a sammich) http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6279

peace!

d

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
DaPhatConductor said:

well if you're not doing anything wrong.. and it's a peaceful protest.. then what does it matter that they know you were there? why should you be ashamed to to show your face in your support of whatever cause it may be?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
So what's the point of this whole thing?

For us to be more aware of the tech the po-po has available, or for us to fear the tech that they supposedly have?

i'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread.

UR

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
From the dialog (not the narration) it sounds like alot of these troopers know some of these people by name... perhaps due to past altercations.

Isn't it plausible that they pull up that guy's sin number so easily simply because they are already familiar with him?
um... no.

vinder

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
So what's the point of this whole thing?

For us to be more aware of the tech the po-po has available, or for us to fear the tech that they supposedly have?

i'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread.
check most of hte threads phatconductor posts, it's a lot of conspiracy theory stuff. nothing new.

SJN

TRIBE Member
Having watched the video, I really don't see what it proves.
For example, how have they proved that nobody threw a bottle (something which the narration indicates the video achieves). It's entirely conceivable that the discussion among the cops took place immediately after that incident, when they made the decision that the crowd was starting to get violent and they needed to be moved further away.
It's all conjecture.

And is it really news that the police videotape protesters? I thought this was a known practice that had been taking place for quite some time (it happens in Canada too). At a minimum, its a useful tool to help ID individuals if things DO get out of hand. To be honest, I'd be surprised (and even a bit disappointed) if they didn't videotape protests.

Last edited:

KiFe

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
check most of hte threads phatconductor posts, it's a lot of conspiracy theory stuff. nothing new.

Who cares? He makes awsome breaks sets for my mp3 player! :D

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
ev said:
well if you're not doing anything wrong.. and it's a peaceful protest.. then what does it matter that they know you were there? why should you be ashamed to to show your face in your support of whatever cause it may be?
EV: you shouldn't be ashamed or afraid to show your face in support of causes that you believe in. especially if they do not involve any illegal activity.

the reality is that the NSA and many other agencies collect a great deal of info on everyday americans. they fund the database in part by selling the info to marketers, so you don't have to do anything illegal to not want to be in there. if you like to travel this stuff can come back to haunt you bigtime. or if you ever want to apply for a government job, or be a cop, or a teacher...

also: many of the new national id cards include biometric data, like fingerprints, faceprints, etc. when you go to a country, their government gets your face print and can search you against their databases. if they decide that they don't like you for whatever reason, you can be detained or worse.

it's just generally a bad idea to be faceprinted at any sort of political event.

VINDER: i post a lot of other stuff too, and much of it is quite useful/non conspiracy related. i watched this video today and was amazed to see (for the first time) the police side of protest footage and found their dialogue interesting.

i also post links for musicians, share my ableton secrets, get people to share art, engage in debates on the good, the true, and the beautiful, post hints on art shows, movies, etc. the 'conspiracy' threads tend to draw more fire and attention, but it's hardly 'most of my threads' and it is hardly 'most of my identity'. it is one of MANY interests, and even if i WAS a hellbent conspiracy buff, what does it matter? can we not differ and still share space?

SJN: the video provides no evidence for the claim that bottles were not thrown, but it DOES provide footage of the police planning their 'pushback', they say nothing about bottles being thrown, they say 'if they don't move, then we do this'. which is enough imho. if it was truly a response and not a planned attack, they would not have done it in this manner. they would have brought a contingency plan into action as a reaction. they wouldn't have calmly planned it on scene without mentioning the bottle.

anyway, i thought it was interesting and i posted it. love it or hate it, here it is.

Last edited:

KiFe

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
SJN: the video provides no evidence for the claim that bottles were not thrown, but it DOES provide footage of the police planning their 'pushback', they say nothing about bottles being thrown, they say 'if they don't move, then we do this'. which is enough imho. if it was truly a response and not a planned attack, they would not have done it in this manner. they would have brought a contingency plan into action as a reaction. they wouldn't have calmly planned it on scene without mentioning the bottle.

really though... it just seemed like typical riot tactics... or mob tactics... call it what you will... police are ordered to move the crowd back, they move it back.

They're not nazi kill-bots hell-bent on hurting people, just following orders from their superiors.

Non-lethal weapons is just that... NON LETHAL.. yes they still bruise... but this video makes those little bruises out to be like they stole that guy's first born.

The video also implies that some of the weapons they use have been known to KILL in some cases. Pretty alarmist if you ask me... how does someone die from pepper-spray exposure?

If they wanted those people dead, they'd be dead.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
watch for the middle aged woman in blue in that footage.

she takes it hard right in the head later in the video and just gives up basically. earlier in the video there are clips of the police grabbing her (two of them, one on each arm) and one of them grabs her head and forces her to bow her head down in submission. if i had edited this video I would have drawn more attention to her, and to the way the police spray people directly in the face with pepper spray. they may be 'just doing their jobs' but they happily take advantage of the opportunity to pointedly spray innocent people in the face with pepper spray.

i dunno, i thought it was worth the 5 minutes to watch that footage. i guess you disagree ;)

peace!

d

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
there are clips of the police grabbing her (two of them, one on each arm) and one of them grabs her head and forces her to bow her head down in submission.

d
If the push the head forward that is the correct way to ensure the least likely harm to anyone. Thats what they teach in management of disturbed behaviors and it seems like they did it correctly. Shouldn't give the police flak on that one cause often in the heat of the moment they can lose focus and not use the appropriate techniques.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
watch for the middle aged woman in blue in that footage.

she takes it hard right in the head later in the video and just gives up basically. earlier in the video there are clips of the police grabbing her (two of them, one on each arm) and one of them grabs her head and forces her to bow her head down in submission. if i had edited this video I would have drawn more attention to her, and to the way the police spray people directly in the face with pepper spray. they may be 'just doing their jobs' but they happily take advantage of the opportunity to pointedly spray innocent people in the face with pepper spray.

d
cause you know protesters are always civil and obey the laws:rolleyes:

tonep

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
EV: you shouldn't be ashamed or afraid to show your face in support of causes that you believe in. especially if they do not involve any illegal activity.

the reality is that the NSA and many other agencies collect a great deal of info on everyday americans. they fund the database in part by selling the info to marketers, so you don't have to do anything illegal to not want to be in there. if you like to travel this stuff can come back to haunt you bigtime. or if you ever want to apply for a government job, or be a cop, or a teacher...

also: many of the new national id cards include biometric data, like fingerprints, faceprints, etc. when you go to a country, their government gets your face print and can search you against their databases. if they decide that they don't like you for whatever reason, you can be detained or worse.

it's just generally a bad idea to be faceprinted at any sort of political event.

VINDER: i post a lot of other stuff too, and much of it is quite useful/non conspiracy related. i watched this video today and was amazed to see (for the first time) the police side of protest footage and found their dialogue interesting.

i also post links for musicians, share my ableton secrets, get people to share art, engage in debates on the good, the true, and the beautiful, post hints on art shows, movies, etc. the 'conspiracy' threads tend to draw more fire and attention, but it's hardly 'most of my threads' and it is hardly 'most of my identity'. it is one of MANY interests, and even if i WAS a hellbent conspiracy buff, what does it matter? can we not differ and still share space?

anyway, i thought it was interesting and i posted it. love it or hate it, here it is.

WATCHOUT!!! your tinfoil hat fell off, they can hear you

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories