• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Music you're SICK OF

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I was in a cab tonight and this bangin' old school disco track fires up and I'm thinking "hey this traffic ain't so bad"

Then the driver shuts it off a slams a Beatles tape in. "Can't Buy Me Love" starts up and I realize "OMFG I AM SICK OF THE BEATLES."

So I'm curious, what music have you HEARD ENOUGH OF?

For me it's:

The Beatles
Bob Marley
K-Pop

praktik

TRIBE Member
Brown Eyed Girl - way to ruin a good song everyone by playing this ALL the time...

...that said if you can find a seriously awesome complilation of Van Morrison's early cuts before his first album ("The Bam Sessions"), there's an alternate take which is only cut I will ever choose to play of this song.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
pretty much any song that started off good then got overkilled by the radio and media in general

Gotye, obviously, being tops

"Call Me Maybe"

Even that Lorde song "Royals" is too oversaturated (though the rest of the album is solid)

Probably get sick of Haim if I keep hearing them everywhere I go

+ yeah, Marley, the Beatles, all them iconic acts that we've all heard a gazillion times over......

(which is why I prefer my more obscure *discoveries* who fall under the radar of superFame)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
anything auto-tuned. doesn't matter if it's tongue-in-cheek or not. it always sounds like a cross between a prostitute and an air raid siren.

Thunder

TRIBE Member
Basically 99% of everything played on satellite radio. My gf has it in car and since we drive back and forth from the states often we end up listening to it for hours on end.

I wish they would mix up their playlists a bit more often, also their electronic music channels for the most part are garbage. I would kill for bbc radio 1 to be added as a full time channel.

KIIIIIIILL! technics1200

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I can't seem to handle any electronic music these days. I am well aware that is the basis on this forum but that time has come and gone for me.

Some dance-rock I could do away with as well.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I went the other way - used to toss in a lot of live band stuff in the mix, from more recent stuff to a regular run through classic shit and obscurities

But last few years I find all I really want to listen to is electronic!

My golden oldies now are tracks like this:

Thats how I'm mixing it up now - digging older electronic instead of straying from the One True Faith!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

derek

TRIBE Member
Mumford and Sons and the copycats that they've spawned. I cannot fucking stand their music whatsoever.
they came on after new order at osheaga. sara and i left after the first song.

they can play their instruments no doubt, i just find this 'new age folk' stuff boring.

kendrick lamar was killer though (b4 new order). i didn't know who he was and thought damn he can rock the mike.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alison87

TRIBE Member
Pretty sick of all rock music. It's nice for reminiscing or for quirky little interludes, but it really grates for me hearing more than a few songs after each other.

I'm also totally sick of those tech house/techno white noise build-ups and swooshes. Bring back snare drum rolls and reverse cymbals, at least that shit had rhythm.

erika

TRIBE Member
Pretty sick of all rock music. It's nice for reminiscing or for quirky little interludes, but it really grates for me hearing more than a few songs after each other.

I'm also totally sick of those tech house/techno white noise build-ups and swooshes. Bring back snare drum rolls and reverse cymbals, at least that shit had rhythm.
YES! Down with build ups that go nowhere!