• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Music in Commercials

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
This thread is inspired by the new music on right now, and I thought that the "crew" could bring out some interesting opinion.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Whats the song in the new pop tarts commercial?

Its hella catchy!

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
whats the one in the car commercial......?
Its an older song... not electronica..... umm is for a car company that starts with an S I think ?

HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW>

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
the lexus hip hop bassline when the guy is parked at the streetlights...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eccentric (LRG)
whats the one in the car commercial......?
Its an older song... not electronica..... umm is for a car company that starts with an S I think ?

HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW>
That sure narrows it down :)

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
I'm tryin to think. its a slow song and guy singing.....and the commercial is a night time commercial.....like filmed at night.
Its a sedan type car not very sporty......*shrug*

Scarlett

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eccentric (LRG)
I'm tryin to think. its a slow song and guy singing.....and the commercial is a night time commercial.....like filmed at night.
Its a sedan type car not very sporty......*shrug*
Saturn? Sitsubishi? Sazda? Sissan? Shevrolet?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Well if I see it, and I know the song.. ill be sure to fill you in :)

Saturn, Saab and Subaru are the only "S" car manufacturers that I know of, well off the top of my head at least.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kat

TRIBE Member
the breaks one with a cool synthy line near the end of the commercial? my pokey likes it and says it sounds familiar.

Originally posted by kat
the breaks one with a cool synthy line near the end of the commercial? my pokey likes it and says it sounds familiar.
I think we're talking about the same one. The camera shot is one long conitinous shot that circles round the vehicle, eventually going right inside the cab, then orbiting back around it.

zoo

TRIBE Member
great special on the New Music

the general consensus in the music industry is that if you are given the opportunity to help others with corporate money, you should do it

wyclef jean has pepsi donate to his charity, moby donates to his charity of choice, the roots approved of selling music for the greater good, etc

pretty obvious stuff, and it really made certain bands look like snotty nosed punks when they criticized people who took endorsement money ... aka NOFX and THE STROKES

kat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
I think we're talking about the same one. The camera shot is one long conitinous shot that circles round the vehicle, eventually going right inside the cab, then orbiting back around it.
mm yea. i think echoing/stuttery train sound like the track loose caboose

what is it?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders