• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Music creation

21 grams

TRIBE Member
Ok. I've been to music industry for some time and worked at some night clubs. Here I mixed few cds together and remixed a few tracks. Not bad.

Well all that highschool stuff is behind now and I would like to get more serious into it. However, I don’t have a big budget to rent some studio to lay some records and see how it sounds together. I was thinking of some computer program that can be more less productive.

I tried a few. FL (fruity loops), Tractor, Virtual DJ, Adoby Auditio... I like FL the most so far. It is complicated but more less what i was looking for. Now it is expensive and timely to learn how to use it professionally. Before I spend my money on buying books and software, I wanted to get some ideas on what you think is a good program for music production.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
ableton live.

great software, great community. you can learn everything you need to know from the messageboard and it's not that expensive.

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
DaPhatConductor said:
ableton live.

great software, great community. you can learn everything you need to know from the messageboard and it's not that expensive.

!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
guys shut the fuck up about live already. i'd swear that some of you are on their payroll.

those who like it, like it a lot. granted, you could say the same about people who like cubase, or pro-tools.

also, it tends to get recommended to people who are just getting into production because it's very easy to figure out and the tutorials are great.
if you already know what you're doing, it's incredibly intuitive.

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
ill agree live is good, fruity is not that good compared to others, i started with acid 4.0 pro(still use it ) and sound forge 7.0, and cubase sx3.0 i say go with cubase,

altho i have used reason, and i love it
altho my friend did most of the sequencing, i am sure it is good to use

also i liek pro tools, which is top notch material.

rulz

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
ableton live.

+1 technics1200 technics1200

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
21 grams said:
im willing to learn any software that will be usefull. Ill buy anything

snake-oil.jpg

Genesius

TRIBE Member
21 grams said:
im willing to learn any software that will be usefull. Ill buy anything

The reason why I asked about your budget, is that you could get a nice mac, pro-tools, some solid hardware and be pretty much at industry. That's what I would have done if I had the budget.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
why not said:
those who like it, like it a lot. granted, you could say the same about people who like cubase, or pro-tools.

also, it tends to get recommended to people who are just getting into production because it's very easy to figure out and the tutorials are great.
if you already know what you're doing, it's incredibly intuitive.

it seems that almost every other thread in the producers room has had something to do with live lately. i'm just sick of hearing about it. the software you use really doesn't matter anyway.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
zoo said:
scream tracker

l33t status +10000

I always preferred Impulse. Don't know why. Maybe it was because of Jeffrey Lim going bananas and being all "eff this" when people started pirating IT.

Doran

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
it seems that almost every other thread in the producers room has had something to do with live lately. i'm just sick of hearing about it. the software you use really doesn't matter anyway.

it kinda matters.. stuff like workflow, and the speed you can lay something down is pretty important.. and live is renouned for it's interface, and ease of use..

i don't really understand why you'd be sick of hearing about it.. sounds like you might have other issues or something :p

generally if people enjoy something, they'll talk about it.. can't fault live/ableton for making a killer program..

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
shit flows pretty smoothly out of my ass. people have been making music for years without live. i wonder how they ever did it?

fucking retards.

Doran

TRIBE Member
people have been making music for years on nothing but hardware.. so i guess anyone using a computer DAW is a retard by your logic.. ?

i'm guessing you must have a 100% hardware setup to have such strong convictions about what people used to use to create music for all these years..

or maybe you're talking out of your ass..

have you actually suggested anything in this thread? all i see is you pissing & moaning about people talking about ableton.. if you contributed anything useful.. i obviously missed it.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
you seem to have some reading comprehesion problems which are most likely a direct result of your laughably small genitalia. you don't always have to be right you know. get over it.