• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Music Composer Opportunity

Ride

TRIBE Member
"You must sign over the rights to your music to the series for use world wide in perpetuity."

One better be well compensated for what they're asking.

dotytron

TRIBE Member
i should really make a commercial demo reel......i could do this no problem. i just have no way of proving it right now. hahaha....

why not

TRIBE Member
Ride said:
"You must sign over the rights to your music to the series for use world wide in perpetuity."

One better be well compensated for what they're asking.
i think that's pretty standard in the TV music industry.

on the bright side, the SOCAN royalties from this kind of stuff are fucking awesome, and more than make up for any low upfront compensation.

just a few minutes ago i found out how much my SOCAN check is going to be this quarter, and it's more than twice what i was originally paid for the music. since i'll be looking at four more of these checks this year, i'm pretty fucking happy. since it's already in reruns, i could be seeing money from this for years to come.

the moral of the story is, join SOCAN.
they are your friend.

beaker

TRIBE Member
why not said:
i think that's pretty standard in the TV music industry..
yeah it's standard. these shows are looking for cues that they can cut over and over again into 13 episodes over a season.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
beaker said:
yeah it's standard. these shows are looking for cues that they can cut over and over again into 13 episodes over a season.
which can turn 30 seconds of music into hours of royalties.

(can you tell i'm really excited about my impending socan cheque?)