• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Multiplayer zone -- MOH: Allied Assault --- Game questions

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Hey all.. i figured since we geeks had soo much fun with the wolfenstein game tip thread, and we're all pretty amped about Medal of Honour, allied assault it too should have it's own thread.

first off, im at the level where you have to plant bombs on the uboat. I'm in a nazi uniform and in the sub, but i cant plant anything without popping some soldiers in the head. or can i?

When i do, all hell breaks loose.. i end up wasting all the men on the sub, and once i get out of the sub, everyone's blasting me from all directions and i dont really know where to go from there. usually i get killed by the soldiers outside the sub, or the sub blows up under me.

also, if anyone EVER get's the urge to try this out multiplayer, icq me @ 1166044 and we'll try and setup a game. Does anyone know of any dedicated server's for moh? I dont really wanna use gamespy ya know?

peace

p.s. please put a **spoiler alert** before anything that could divulge the storyline to players who havent yet reached the level in question.

deep

TRIBE Member
I just took everyone out in the sub. Close the doors behind you to buy you some time and isolate you. When you pop out, make a run for the walkway, hide behind something, take everyone out with a sniper rifle.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KiFe:

everyone's blasting me from all directions and i dont really know where to go from there. </font>

You either disabled your compass, or ignored it's use in the training.. it tells you where to go and the 2 round thingies that flank the directional arrows tell you how far away you are from your objective.

-OTIS

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
My computer sucks. I spent 2 days getting MOHAA from Deep (thanks Deep btw!!) only to find out that even when I'm running the lowest possible resolution, it's still a little choppy. And I can't be bothered to play such a sweet game under such harsh conditions.

I'm running an old Celeron 666 with a 64MB S3 video card. boourrns.

Is Wolfenstein a little less resource-heavy?

Pete

KiFe

TRIBE Member
argh... thanks deep...

getting off the sub is what's killing me... i try to jump the rail.. and that doesnt work.. cant find the ladder to get down and shit... i get all caught up in there. grr.

damn nazis
Otis.. well arent you sweet... hehe thanks alot.. i know how to follow an objective

Need more health

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic:

Pete
</font>
yeah in general wolf is a bit lighter... but the thing about MOH is that it utilizes many atmospheric effects that gobble up resources. Go to your advanced setting area and disable all the fancy effects listed and it should run better.

deep

TRIBE Member

I'm running an old Celeron 666 with a 64MB S3 video card. boourrns.

</font>
I think both games will put a strain on your system with what you got. Wolfenstein is put together a bit differently graphics wise and may be better suited to your system at low res.

deep

TRIBE Member
argh... thanks deep...
getting off the sub is what's killing me... i try to jump the rail.. and that doesnt work.. cant find the ladder to get down and shit... i get all caught up in there. grr.
</font>
climb out of the sub, crouch if you need to, walk up to the front wall, hold down your jump key to climb over, run to the walkway, crouch behind a crate or a barrel

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Go to your advanced setting area and disable all the fancy effects listed and it should run better.

</font>

Done... but with little effect. There's a config program that automatically sets up the best config. I ran that, checked what it did and all the fancy stuff was turned off.

Would a processor upgrade solve this? (not that it's in the cards anytime soon considering a new HD takes precedence)

Pete

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
Yeah, a processor upgrade would really help out, since that's the bottleneck in your system at the moment. As Kife suggested turn off all the lighting effects, anything to do with the sky, casings being ejected, etc.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I'm pretty sure everything was already turned off but I'll check it again. If not, I'll uninstall it and see if someone with a better system can make use of the discs I burned.

Even when I was playing yesterday at 640x480 (please don't make fun) the response was way too slow for me to take out those damned nazis effectively. Lots of missed shots, getting shot, and downright shoddiness.

Vise you can have my cd's if I can get them to you somehow... if not you might be best downloading it from somewhere.

Pete

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Hey pete,... are you just at the first level? where they drop you off the truck and you havent gone very far yet? cuz i noticed SERIOUS choppyness at the begining of that level.. even with my settings turned down... once i got a bit furthur in the level, the problem went away....

deep

TRIBE Member
Yeah, but I almost don't want to tell you because it really ruins the fun of it, and I think you'll enjoy it more when you figure it out and have an appreciation for the kind of hell is must have been at Omaha beach.

If you still want me to tell you, I will.

deep

TRIBE Member
I love the sound of the m1 garand, even down the "ping" noise it makes when the clip empties

Vise

TRIBE Member
Vise you can have my cd's if I can get them to you somehow... if not you might be best downloading it from somewhere.</font>
Thanks Pete... I'll send you an email. I'm sure I've got something you might want to trade for it.

CiG

TRIBE Member
HEllO?

Anyone got time for some overnight uploading haha...

I want to try this game... If I get frustrated enough looking for it I think I might just buy it, it's what always happens...

BYe nOW
Luka

d.code

TRIBE Member
lets see some crispy screens for those of us too lazy to go to any said web site (that I didnt read because I was too busy scrolling to the "reply" button).

cheers
Tyler

deep

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by d.code:
lets see some crispy screens for those of us too lazy to go to any said web site (that I didnt read because I was too busy scrolling to the "reply" button).
</font>
okay, i'm bored anyways

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

d.code

TRIBE Member
Ohhhh this game MUST come out for Mac- and SOON!

Lookit that!

Why is old / cold war so popular all of a sudden? My theory is Half Life was the last game to make sci-fi look remotely good / cool.

Cheers
Tyler