• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

MSN Personality Types - what type are you?

stanimal

TRIBE Member
Hope this isn't a repeat.

The "Away" Person

This person is either saying "Hi I'm never here but I leave my MSN
on in the hope that SOMEONE will message me while I'm out so I
feel important" or they're saying "I'm here but I only want to talk to a privledged few people while everyone else thinks I'm NOT here". To
this person I ask:
Why are you a) so shallow or b) such a dick?

The "Away" Person part II

This person signs in and immediately switches their status to "Away"
EVERY time. To this person I ask: why do you sign into a chat
program designed to talk to your friends only to walk away from your
computer as soon as you sign in? Either you're incredibly retarded
and entirely miss the concept of internet instant messaging or you
are a huge asshole because you think you are too good to talk to
anyone.

The "Busy" person

This person has his/her status set to "Busy" more often than not and
when you try to talk to them they either don't respond or tell you
that they're "working on an essay/project/assignment" or whatever.
To this person I ask: If you are too busy to talk on MSN then why
are you signed in? The function of MSN IS TO CHAT with your
friends....there is no other excuse to have it on because it serves
no other purpose....so what you're really saying is not that you are
"too busy to talk" it's that you are "too busy to talk to ME or
anyone else but a select few people who you deem privledged
enough"...otherwise you'd shut it off so that you could do your
work. If that's the case then tell me and I'll understand which is
much better than the incinuation that you think I'm too retarded to
see that you have a "cool list" that I'm apparently not on.

The "Multiple sign inner"

This person signs in ever two seconds because of computer
difficulties. GET IT FIXED...it's fucking annoying.

The "Frequent Name Changer"

I can see changing your name to something cool when you hear it or
when something truly cool happens to you; but when every three
minutes you're changing your name during every song you hear on your
500 song Winamp playlist to some "deep" lyric is also really fucking
annoying

The "Chronic Complainer"

If you escape death in a car wreck, or overcome some scary disease
or have a wicked story then I probably want to hear about it. If
you have too much homework and the sniffles and change your MSN name
to whatever daily complaint you have, you can go fuck yourself. If
it's winter in Canada it is likely that A LOT of people are sick and
most with worse shit than you're complaining about. People with
cancer would give their right arms to have whatever you're bitching
about instead of what they have....and if you go to school and you
have too much work or just pulled and all nighter, BIG FUCKING
DEAL...EVERYONE has homework and EVERYONE has had to do an all
nighter at some point. These people I also call "Sympathy
Fishermen" because they complain about everything so someone will
say "ooh you poor thing how DO you mange to get by?". SUCK IT UP.
The only people I'd ask that question to are people fighting cancer
or starvation in 3rd world countries or kids who get every limb
blown off by bombs in war torn countries; NOT you and your curable
ailment...fuckin pussy

The "Vanishing Person"

This complaint is NA if the person is drunk or stoned. If you talk
to someone who is drunk and stoned this is to be expected...this
person gets up from their computer in mid conversation and forgets
about you....to this person I say: Get some manners and at least end
the conversation or tell them that you will be back...I mean this is
like putting the phone down in mid conversation and going to take a
shit without saying anything. Where did you people grow up?

The "Grammar Police"

This person feels the need to not only correct each spelling mistake
they make but to make fun of yours as well....fuck I didn't realize
I was writing an essay here, if you know what I mean then stop being
a first class loser and grow the fuck up. If you feel like
correcting every errant letter you write that's your perogative but
holy shit calm the fuck down when I do it.

This is all I can think of tonight but others include people who use
way too many abbreviations. Like, ttyl, lol, and lmfao are legit
but when you start getting into shit like hsiadaf to say "holy shit
I am as drunk as fuck" and expect people to know what you're saying
you're just weird....anyway, i started this but I bet it's nowhere
near finished so feel free to add to it and send it off....

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
RE: Away people - I am one, but to be honest, MSN is a communication tool, many use it for idle chatter (much like a message board), I use it mostly to communicate problems or lend assistance to other people. In much the same way I hate shooting the shit over the phone, I would much rather do that over a beer, possibly alongside some wings, while watching your choice of hockey/basketball/tennis or golf.

Honestly if we answered every possible chat, then when the fuck would we get anything done!

I leave MSN on so that people can leave me messages on my computer, which I am much more likely to check than the phone. I'm no more shallow or dick-like than anyone who ever used call display to not take a call, or kept their head down when someone you knew got on the bus. I talk when I want to.

The Vanishing person - Pots boil over, laundry must be put in the dryer, and sometimes you have to rush to class or work or maybe you're missing Wheel of Fortune who knows! I'm sure if you've been using MSN long enough then you've walked away from more than a few conversations.

As for the grammar police - if English is your first language then learn to use it properly.

odbx

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I'm an away person because I feel bad if I'm online and ignore someone's messages. If I'm in away, I have an excuse as to why I didn't answer. :D

zee

TRIBE Member
hah

i use the away/busy mode to its full potential
if i'm online and in the mood to have a full-out conversation then i'll put myself as online

if i'm doing something else like work, i might put myself on busy so i can still chat sporadically on my breaks but not have a lengthy chat

if i really don't want to talk to someone, i'll put myself on away so i can ignore them..
ie. they piss me off enough for me to ignore them from time to time, but not enough for me to block them

and yes, since there isn't offline messaging, keeping myself on away while i'm out is a good way to get messages, especially if i'm expecting one

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stanimal
]this
person gets up from their computer in mid conversation and forgets
about you....to this person I say: Get some manners and at least end
the conversation or tell them that you will be back...I mean this is
like putting the phone down in mid conversation and going to take a
shit without saying anything. Where did you people grow up?
I don't use MSN really but on ICQ this pisses me off.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I use MSN to get boys. I'm working on jebac, this guy from Lake Tahoe and Big Cheese right now.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: MSN Personality Types - what type are you?

Originally posted by basic
I don't use MSN really but on ICQ this pisses me off.
I do that all the time.
I'm always talking to other people. I don't consider it a one-on-one thing. If I was on the phone, you're right, I wouldn't do that. But I'm typing an essay, surfing Tribe, talkin' on the phone, going to take shits, eating, going outside for smokes..

I don't know, do people really sit and wait for others to reply?
And the brb thing is misleading because then I think they're going to wait for me if I say brb..

I think it should just be common knowledge that everyone is multitasking and that you should never expect a reply back.

I HATE when people go "well, it's obvious you're busy and you don't want to talk to me so I'll leave you be." It's like DOOOOD, I was taking a shit and talking with someone else at the same time. Deal with it and go write some poetry in the meantime or something. Who sits and chats on MSN purely for chatting? Really.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
It's not just a five minute absence.

It's the vanishing in thin air. And especially in an important conversation, or at least one that is animated and back and forth. If it is one of those, give a brb.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
the MSN addict

this person is a desperate loser who pays excruciatingly close attention to people's MSN name, status, and general internet behaviour. any deviance from what they consider acceptable MSN behaviour annoys them greatly, resulting in the addict writhing in their computer chair grumbling with great disdain about "away people" or "busy people". the MSN addict feels that if someone is signed into the messenger service, that they should be available to chat with, no matter what. any status other than "online" is just not good enough. this stems from their deep seated desire for attention, particularly internet-buffered attention that does not require any physical presence or other distasteful things such as "eye contact" or "talking". eventually the MSN addict becomes so enraged at the behaviour of the inferior MSN users that they compile a list of derogatory "personality types" in an attempt to educate the ignorant masses as to how this wonderful tool should be properly managed. this list is rarely witty or funny, yet inevitably gets posted on various internet boards. :p

OTIS

TRIBE Member
It's called MSN messenger, not MSN Conversationer.

It's a messaging service. Having it on does not obligate you to converse with everyone, or follow some retarded useage etiquette.

I have mine in AWAY most of the time because I don't use it for conversation, I use it to leave/send messages. Unlike ICQ you need to be on to receive them. When there is a 'Messages only' status I'll change, but until then, AWAY it is.

Xtatic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RJ45
the MSN addict

this person is a desperate loser who pays excruciatingly close attention to people's MSN name, status, and general internet behaviour. any deviance from what they consider acceptable MSN behaviour annoys them greatly, resulting in the addict writhing in their computer chair grumbling with great disdain about "away people" or "busy people". the MSN addict feels that if someone is signed into the messenger service, that they should be available to chat with, no matter what. any status other than "online" is just not good enough. this stems from their deep seated desire for attention, particularly internet-buffered attention that does not require any physical presence or other distasteful things such as "eye contact" or "talking". eventually the MSN addict becomes so enraged at the behaviour of the inferior MSN users that they compile a list of derogatory "personality types" in an attempt to educate the ignorant masses as to how this wonderful tool should be properly managed. this list is rarely witty or funny, yet inevitably gets posted on various internet boards. :p
:D ....... each person has there own Internet habits. I say just let them all be as they are and forget about it. ;)

Alita

TRIBE Member
heh - I fit into muliple categories on the list ( away person #2, the busy person and the freguent name changer)....but I use icq more often then messenger. Also I don't really use message programs to chat - I mean once in awhile I might have a chat session, but it really IS more of a "messege service" than anything to me. Chances are if I'm on the computer - I'm busy doing something else! :D

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: MSN Personality Types - what type are you?

Originally posted by Soundstream
I am the Anti-Away Person. I am in "online" mode whether I am there or not.

Cheers ... Ian :)
yeah, and thats more annoying than the "away person"

smile

TRIBE Member
haha YEAH!

the 'always online whether you're there or not!"

what's the big deal? if i don't answer after like 2 minutes, you know i'm not there...simple! it helps too when you don't want to talk to a certain person, cuz they never know for sure whether you're there or not.

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
the type of person that always pisses me off is the one that starts up a conversation and has absolutely nothing to say and expects you to keep the converstation going....
kinda like:

"hi"
"hey"
"what's up?"
"not much"
"oh cool"

and then they just wait for you to say something....

if you don't anything in your head at all to talk about then why start a conversation??

S.

Another type:

People who have THEME AND VARIATION nicknames

ie: they have one part of their nickname that NEVER changes

and then they get "witty" and add a section that is totally "funny" and "supposed to make me laugh"

if i was steeveedee one day

and then i was steeveecheese

and then steevee-febreeze

or steevee-please

i dont do that. its sometimes helpful, but if you're going to change it, why not change the whole thing.

its like trying to be a new style like a electrotrash but continuing to wear phatpants and adding a t-shirt with some safety pins

im like, dude its not working.

its like, all or nothing. ALL OR NOTHING.

s
et.setESTS.et
s.e
t.s
e.t
se
t.s
etSETSTs.et
sTESTESe
t.s
te.s
t.s
.ts.TSTSETSTEt

oh and i have one more type

asian people on MSN

some asian people are so fuckin weird, they have weird characters or weird >_< faces or bullshit like that

its like

no asian people will grace my msn userlist.

cuz they are so fuckin weird

s.etsetststs

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories