• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

MSN Messenger, minus all the garbage

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
Persephone said:
WTF? what's with the message about Islam that pops up after installation completes?
There is no other god but Allah, and MSN is his messenger

But seriously,

Can you take out the tabs so only a few that you want are showing???? (like the MSN Finance one for instance)

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
adorablehomeboy said:
Can you take out the tabs so only a few that you want are showing???? (like the MSN Finance one for instance)
I only tried twice, but I couldnt even find the thing to turn the tabs off at all.
thats the one thing I want to get rid of still.

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
From mess.be:
In order to address the reported webcam vulnerability present in MSN Messenger 6.2, 7.0 (minus 7.0.0820), 7.5 and Windows Live Messenger 8.0, Microsoft will today force users of these outdated clients to install Windows Live Messenger 8.1 as part of this month's "Patch Tuesday".

Because older Windows versions aren't supported by 8.1, the compulsory update affects only those on Windows XP. Other users will soon, at an indefinite date, be forced to update to a fixed version of MSN Messenger 7.0

http://apatch.org/ ftw....again

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I was forced to install the new version last night. I just tried to install version 7.0.0820 and it's also asking me to install Windows Live.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Praise be to God.

is that patch trustworthy? Seems like an easy way to get people to install stuff on their computers.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories