1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

MSN Messanger Users - YOU'RE ANNOYING

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by KiX, Aug 29, 2003.

1. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

Ok not all of you, but the ones who insist on changing their nickname like, EVERY day. And it's not even a nickname! It's moods and what people are eating and where they're going and UGH.

Fuck i don't even know who half the ppl on my list are anymore.

No one wants to hold their cursor over every name to figure out who you are, assuming we know your email. And it's not like i'm going to memorize all of your hotmail addresses.

SO STOP IT!

please?

:)

=tina=

2. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

werd. I don't have a lot of people on my msn list but it would be annoying if people did that.

3. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Get Trillian

Right Click - Rename Contact - Problem solved

I don't understand why everyone doesn't use Trillian yet..

www.trillian.cc

4. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

dude, just change your settings if you don't wanna see it.

contacts --> manage contacts --> view contacts by ---> select "email address" instead of "friendly name"

problem solved. nothing to see here, people. carry on.

5. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

i hear ya tina.

*cough cough* JEREMY JIVE *cough cough

6. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

guess yer glad im not on our list then

7. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I've been saying this all along. Which is why I refused as long as possible to use MSN. But some friends have converted over from ICQ to MSN and so I had little choice but to adapt.

I usually warn people about it and tell them to stop changing their names so often and to something that gives me no clue as to their identity.

But if they continuously do it, I just usually end up deleting them from my list. I hate when they message me and then I constantly have to ask "Who is this?".

Cheers ... Ian :)

8. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I tried it using several different versions. I did not like the configuration options. I also don't like some of the interface. And some of the programming of it has been sloppy.

9. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

or you could just type them a message telling them to fuck off, and then blocking them from your list :)

10. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

yea but who wants to see email addresses? i cant remember what stupidass hotmail address equates to what person...

like superstar4651231283retard@hotmail.com ? ??

hence another reason i dont use messenger. aside from all the security related crap.

/f

11. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Get the Pro version.
    If you want a "demo" I can arrange that.

As far as configuration, its as flexible as anything I can imagine. I have my tricked out nicely.

Plus it uses less memory to support ALL IM formats than ICQ does by itself

12. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

but the point is that i don't want to memorize my entire contact list's worth of email addresses, especially since they're mostly hotmail so it's all shit like fLufFyBuNny69696@hotmail.com

what's soooooo hard with sticking to one nickname and not feeling the need to update everyone on your current state of being 24/7??

=tina=

13. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

hahah this will work.

14. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

ahhh get out of my head!

15. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

stop spying on me weiner!@#!

/f

16. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Problem not solved. Because now you have to memorize everyone's e-mail address. And it is often hard to differentiate who is who when lots of people on your list have e-mail addresses like sugababe778@hotmail.com, hotchick_69@hotmail.com, rave_gurl99@hotmail.com, and ilovecolinfarrell@hotmail.com. ;)

17. Libradragon

exactly...we're gonna read about it on tribe ANYway coz it'll be inserted in every post and thread you post in...

18. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

So I am on your list then?

19. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

do you like trying to remember which phone numbers correspond to which person?

20. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

trillian blows cornhole tho! i had it for a day, couldn't stand it. Deleted it so fast.

21. Libradragon

sure. but if the phone number changes every day, then no.

22. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

No!

:p

23. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

i've heard that msn will be stopping third party software from accessing their IM

24. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

25. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

i was saying this in response to finary's complaint about remembering email addresses, which don't change every day.