• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

MPC4000? anyone got one?

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I'm looking at beast as as an update to my studio..... From what I've read on the net it looks like it'll do the job more then enough. I need a sampler/sequencer to replace my Emu sampler and QY700 sequencer. I'd like it to be a 1 box solution.....

Is there a Yamaha sampler/sequencer that can match it? anyone heard of anything out there?

nusty

TRIBE Member
I have a MPC2000XL that was about to go up on ebay if you are at all interested.
It has about 15-20 hours of use and is in perfect condition.

I know it's not a mpc4000 like you requested but thought I would put it out there in case there was some interest since I want to unload it anyway.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
been chained to an MPC already..... i dont think enough ppl appreciate these boxes. I'm inlove with mine!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
being a software guy myself, a few nords and a warpfactory being my only pieces o' hardware, i'm a tad ignorant on the subject, so please bear with me..

what exactly does this beast have to offer that a computer and a few progs don't, or is it just that some folks prefer hardware?

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Most will say the interface. Some people don't like making music with a mouse.

To each his own.

nusty

TRIBE Member
I'm going to throw that MPC 2000 XL up on ebay by the end of the week. If any of you are interested in it let me know prior in order for me to hold off on putting it up. I'd rather sell it to one of you guys than some random from ebay.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
count me in with the not liking to make music with a mouse.... after working on computers all day the last thing i wanna do is come home to work on a computer for music.

sputnik

TRIBE Member
There's a Yamaha RS7000 on sale right now at Songbird for something ridiculous like 600 bucks.

Far more capability than an MPC1000 or 2500 for bupkes.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
i know this wank that spent 1400 bucks on his MPC, it sat around his coffee table for weeks, and he gave up trying to use it and it eventually made its way under the couch never to be used again. this both angers me AND entertains me at the same time.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
well not to jump the gun... but the next video podcast i'm working on is me actually doing abit of a livePA on it and talking about how I have it all setup...