• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

mp3?? mini disk?? cd player??

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
ok i've decided to sell my car and become a transit troll(anyone need a used car? cheeeeep???)so of course i need a means of portable music for my ventures back and forth to beautiful downtown oshawa....looking for advice on what to get....an mp3 player, mini disc player or cd player.....

anyone want to steer me towards or away from anyone of these....looking to spend in the $200-$250 range...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
I just bought myself an ipod today :)

But I was really enjoying my CD/Mp3 Panasonic player. For something that was around 200 bucks, ultra slim and plenty of battery life, it's something that's getting added to the home stereo.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a Sony.

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
mp3/cd combo eh....hmmmmm.....interesting....haha, i'm so out of touch with the new technology it's rediculous...:p

***goes back to listening to 8-track player***

It's a decent combo. If you set up an Mp3 CD (basically burn the cd in file format), you can get up to 8-10 hours of music on a single disc, depending what kbps you have on the file.

Honestly, it's a great thing to have, since I find myself switching back and forth between mp3 cd's and regular cd's throughout the day.

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
that might be a good call for me because i have a ton of cd's to go along with everything i've downloaded....

thanks for the tip...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

skyparty

TRIBE Member
ok what about something in the 100-150 dollar range?

i have bought two players in the past 2 weeks, by RCA
cd/mp3 compatible....

and both systems have glitches.

seriously, i dont want to spend alot,
cuz i just use it while on the bus, and walking...

but fuck man..

2 systems and i've had to return them both!

i don't know where to go frm here....

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I would go with the minidisk.. but ... probably the most wise choice in terms of money/durability and how much it holds... would be ipod.

I just love minidisks though.. I like their design.... etc etc... they look so cool.

anyways...

P.s
you are going to go to oshawa on public transint from cabbage town???
wow that is quite a trip isn't it?

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle

P.s
you are going to go to oshawa on public transint from cabbage town???
wow that is quite a trip isn't it?

well i take the subway down to union and then jump on the train.....it's not a bad trip but staring at scarborough out one window and lake ontario out the other loses it's appeal after a while...music cures all:D

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
1418155l.jpg

get this then.

169.00 at radioshack.. not the best but not the worst and very affordable!!

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
there is better choices but Aiwa is trying to come into the Canadian market and this is one of their most affordable products.

It really isn't that bad.

Check it, if you are interested. The only thing that I don't like is the headphones..they look really cheap.

UR

TRIBE Member
^^^
my bad - I guess that would be american - so that's about a grand canadian;)

I thought these new minis were supposed to be cheaper than the cheapest iPod at $399.

beta-vhs

TRIBE Member
I have a sony mp3 cd and a creative nomad zen xtra 60gb.
DNF610.jpg
zenxtra.jpg
And no, the creative isn't 3 times bigger than the sony.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Update on this thread..

I'm travelling to work now so want to invest in mobile audio player ;)

Not sure if I should get a MD player or MP3 player....

i'm only lookin to spend like $250 or so...

don't really have any high demands of it other than it be durable and fairly good battery life...

suggestions please? i'm just now starting to look into them (curious if the market has changed a bit in the last few months)...

channi

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
there is better choices but Aiwa is trying to come into the Canadian market and this is one of their most affordable products.

It really isn't that bad.

Check it, if you are interested. The only thing that I don't like is the headphones..they look really cheap.

Aiwa was taken over by Sony a little while back. Alot of there stuff is pretty good, some of there stuff even uses the same stuff inside as Sony. My remote for my Aiwa deck in my car even works on my cuz's sony car deck.

Originally posted by MalGlo
I'm travelling to work now so want to invest in mobile audio player ;)

Not sure if I should get a MD player or MP3 player....

i'm only lookin to spend like $250 or so...

don't really have any high demands of it other than it be durable and fairly good battery life...

suggestions please? i'm just now starting to look into them (curious if the market has changed a bit in the last few months)...

If you're only looking to spend that much Dave, you might want to consider a MD player, as you'll be looking at most of the lower end mp3 players, which don't have much in the way of storage, unless you're getting a cd/mp3 walkman, which is a totally different case.

If you are going with the latter, I'd suggest the Panasonic models.