• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Moving on?

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
How long does it take you to move on after a relationship is over? i really thought i'd need a lot more time, but an old friend of mine got in touch with me and i know he's always wanted to be more with me. i want to meet him for drinks but not sure if i'm ready to move forward yet.

what is the sign that you're ready to take the next step?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Beer babe said:
How long does it take you to move on after a relationship is over? i really thought i'd need a lot more time, but an old friend of mine got in touch with me and i know he's always wanted to be more with me. i want to meet him for drinks but not sure if i'm ready to move forward yet.

what is the sign that you're ready to take the next step?

usually a fortnight.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
well he's a friend i haven't seen in a while. i'm not even sure i'm interested in him really. he's just really nice and i didn't hang out with him while i was in my relationship because i knew he wanted more and i didn't want to disrespect my b/f.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I deleted it kinda for that reason. Although there's probably some advice in there for you.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
It's hard to know when you're going to be ready. Abiding by particular or apparently arcane rules won't usually help you. I have had to recently deal with very similar questions, and I resolved that it is worth getting to know people regardless of your emotional state of mind; provided you remain honest and communicative, you'll eventually reestablish a normal relationship that has all the potential it used to have.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Beer Babe, I dont think there is one answer to your question... I think their are probably about a billion factors to determine that answer.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
I think I knew I was ready when I realized that the next girl I dated wouldn't have to deal with any crap from my previous relationship. Unfortunately that took a lot longer than I had hoped.

But I also maintain, the right person will make you forget the previous shit pretty fast.

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
Lets trivialize the advice based on the medium!

I asked my Tim Horton's lady this morning if I should clean the throttle valve on my car so it would idle better. She said yes. I'm gonna do it.

bushka

TRIBE Member
Dating will get your mind off your past relationship. Or it will help to anyways. Your next relationship, and a few after that, probably will not turn into anything serious simply for the reason that you are not ready. But that does not mean that you shouldn't be dating. I say go for it!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Agent Smith said:
I asked my Tim Horton's lady this morning if I should clean the throttle valve on my car so it would idle better. She said yes. I'm gonna do it.

Surely a question such as the one posed in this thread is so weighty it necessitates professional advice. Asking it of common people has no added value.

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
Surely a question such as the one posed in this thread is so weighty it necessitates professional advice. Asking it of common people has no added value.

I asked the same Tim Horton's lady what I should do about my best friend. He seemed a little depressed because he was unhappy about his job. I figured she'd know what to do better than friends and family.

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
I just went through the same thing. Recently got out of a horrible relationship and wasn't sure if I was ready to move on until I met my boyfriend now. If it wasn't for the fact that we have so much in common, and love being around eachother I probably would have put it on hold for a little while.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
bushka said:
Dating will get your mind off your past relationship.

I find dating annoying if I am not into it. I really just wanted some action and the dating part was like putting in quality time with a girl you no longer want to date but haven't had the balls to tell her yet.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Agent Smith, while a friend or family member may give you better advice, sometimes their experiences are heavily biased because of their relationship with you. Seeking "external" advice can often serve up a fresh perspective on life...it may even cause a paradigm shift.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Agent Smith said:
I asked the same Tim Horton's lady what I should do about my best friend. He seemed a little depressed because he was unhappy about his job. I figured she'd know what to do better than friends and family.

That's funny, I asked the Tim Horton's lady why it is that some people feel compelled to constantly belittle their surroundings. She told me that it was probably an inferiority complex. Smart lady that Timmies merchant is.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
it was 10 months for me, after getting out of a 3 year relationships.. It happened this WMC on the way down on the plane, I was NOT open to meeting other girls or chatting to anyone, was very stand offish. Anyway this cute girl was talking to me on the plane and I started off sort of giving one word answers...and BOOM I actually thought screw this I am going to chat and get to know her, and that was it, I knew right there and then i was over the ex and since then I have been dating and having fun and open to meeting people. You will know when you are ready, it just happens. Like complete weight off your shoulders.