• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Movies

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
For a 3.5 hour movie - it didnt feel its length - and thats super high praise I think..;)
Exactly. For me, the line is Jackie Brown. Even at 2.5 hours, and with great scenes, I couldn't and still can't sit through it. I didn't have any issue with Irishman, at an hour beyond that. Fantastic pacing, IMHO.

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
Uncut Gems - Sandler decided to start acting and gives a great performance. Background music is what makes this movie even more epic.
Garnett is good too!

Last edited:

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Lots of mixed reviews once again for these episodes of the sequel trilogy which concluded the Skywalker saga.

Liked it enough, so I'm seeing it again over the holidays. :cool:

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

praktik

TRIBE Member
Lots of mixed reviews once again for these episodes of the sequel trilogy which concluded the Skywalker saga.

Liked it enough, so I'm seeing it again over the holidays. :cool:

It's a bit of a mystery to me given how absolute appalling the first three eps done by Lucas were, that these ones get so much shit tossed at them - like are we forgetting how low the bar was??

The new Star Wars, for me is similar to The Matrix: Revolutions or what Spectre was to Skyfall in the James Bond series: great set up with the previous two movies (The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi especially - took Star Wars into a whole new direction) and does nothing with them. Goes the safe route of mostly fan service. It even felt a bit like what Alien: Covenant was to Prometheus - some fixing of plot details from the previous movie (we finally get a bit of an explanation with Leia's Mary Poppins bit in The Last Jedi).

I didn't hate it, just felt like all the hoopla that had been built up was overblown. Some great Star Wars moments in the film, but they're sprinkled a bit few and far between.

Spoiler for Dolittle

Did you guys know that the end of Dolittle has Robert Downey Jr. pulling a set of bagpipes that was lodged in a dragon's asshole?

I was completely sober when I wrote that - and it's true. Not a joke.