1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Movies

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by terrawrist III, Feb 25, 2004.

1. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Lynch i can see now for sure.

They needed an editor, some recasting, and a tighter script for sure

But I really do think Daniels the kid and the singer make it watchable.

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Also some people making trailers need to be dragged out into the street and shot.

I feel totally lied to about Bad Times...

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Since i got some perks for work i still maintain a TV subscription. In a world where most things I pick to watch i CHOOSE, theres actually something to be said for a few channels rolling through movies in a schedule - you can check the guide and see a movie you only heard of but never would have picked from netflix or downloads - end up liking it!

Or an old favourite shows up - like The Lookout did last night - as we were waiting for SOTU to start.

Ended up watching the whole thing from beginning to end and was interesting watching this almost a decade after loving it the last time I saw it - Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character is named CHRIS PRATT.

When you watch this flick now it def registers each time the name comes up! ;) I wonder if the actor Chris Pratt picked a stage name based on this movie or if its actually his real name and its just a coincidence!

Anyway good storytelling never gets old and this movie remains effective and poignant and all the performances are still great.

Also Isla Fisher is a smokeshow in it..;)

Worth watching again!

4. That was a fantastic movie. Jeff Daniels as his mentor/caregiver was really good in the movie too. He's one seriously underrated actor.

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Found this:

Chris Pratt and Joseph Gordon-Levitt on That Time Joseph Gordon-Levitt Played 'Chris Pratt' in 'The Lookout'

6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Yeah, this was a great fucking movie. Had me hooked to the last minute.

7. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Everybody should watch it!

8. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Christopher Nolan's movie "Inception" from 2010, I've seen it a couple times in the theatre. However, I never had the pleasure of seeing it in IMAX before. This Family Day long holiday weekend I was suppose to see it at the Cinesphere in IMAX. We friggin' bought tickets already and they just announced on the website it will be shown in non-IMAX format because of technical difficulties. MOFO!!! :mad: I love tripping out to IMAX movies on pot edibles. One of my favorite pastimes now.

Inception - Ontario Place

9. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

10. Bernnie Federko

11. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

This was so good I had to do a #2 about 10 mins in and never paused it - I was touchin' cotton at the end there but no way was I gonna stop it or pause it!!

12. Bernnie Federko

13. Don't hate on Double Team, it's one of Van Damme's most surreal movies - the other one was directed by Tsui Hark and had Rob Schneider in it - it's called Knock Off.

Double Team is ridiculous, but I'm so glad I saw it on the big screen.

14. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

I saw the full trailer for Disney's "Captain Marvel" on the big screen before the feature film "Alita: Battle Angel" which I actually liked. I was really stoned on edibles and started thinking that the 2 movies will probably tell the same origin story. Both of these live action movies are based on comic book and manga source materials where the female protagonists have little or no memory of their past. Anyway, can't wait for to see sexy Brie Larson in "Captain Marvel" this weekend! :cool:

15. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Free Solo was the Nat Geo Channel last night. The scenes of him climbing are some of the most intense stuff ever. I would suggest watching it in theatres as the commercials kind of takes away the experience a bit.

16. Bernnie Federko

Can it be streamed

17. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Yes, you can rent it from Google Play Store, itunes, etc.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  18. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

19. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

available on Beast

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  20. Bernnie Federko

Thank you. Showed up on Netflix too.

21. Bernnie Federko

Ugh, was out of it and mistakenly mixed google play with Netflix like SneakyPete stated.

Watched it, thought it was good. Nice to scenery!

22. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

watching this again.
    [​IMG]

23. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

24. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

25. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

That was just yesterday.