1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Movies

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by terrawrist III, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

A Star is Born is fantastic.

2. Mile 22 - I have really mixed feelings about Peter Berg - his output as a director is a bit of a mixed bag for me. He's definitely talented - he can piece together some great sequences as he's done with Deepwater Horizon and even Patriots Day had its moments. But then he can go overboard and put out something like Battleship. Mile 22 is actually a pretty decent action film, but the mistake lies in casting Mark Wahlberg in a role that is completely unlikable from the start and makes it nearly impossible to enjoy the movie. Like, seriously - his character is just an unrelenting asshole. From the start to the finish. Which is kind of unfortunate, seeing as the film itself is above average.

3. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

yeah, that was a brutal movie.

4. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Mission Impossible Fallout. Good action movie. Lack of CGI. Lots of chases and stunts. The best of the series.
    Sorry to Bother You. Decent enough afternoon movie, but easily forgettable and gets weird at the end. Feels like an early- or first-timer producer/director effort.
    Equalizer 2. A little less than decent. Pacing is slow, little action, no one cares about the other characters, Denzel seems... bigger.

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Pretty much x2 on all of that for me. I was hoping for a bit more from The Equalizer 2