• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Movies

d.code

TRIBE Member
Im downloading REC right now. Im interested to see it just because Quarantine was so fucking awful.
I liked cloverfield. Good monster movies are hard to come by. 95% of them suck and i felt cloverfield had the makings of something truly scary and they made the epic scale fit into the tiny point of view.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Watched Antichrist today.

Yowzers. Still thinking about it, but (and I'm sure I'll be in the minority here) I really liked it. It's bizarre and difficult and over the top and around the bend, but I was really affected by it, visually and emotionally.

Also, I wouldn't even BEGIN to call it a horror movie, but let's not open up that can of worms again. ;)

kat

TRIBE Member
saw the trailer for it at District 9. Looks woeful to the maximum.

Legion looks every bit as bad. I simply can't handle poorly executed cgi.

district 9 was sooooooooooo awesome! i really loved it. a real gem of 2009 for me. i want to watch it again.

REC i really enjoyed. screened it at my halloween party last night actually.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
[REC]2 is definitely a worthy sequel that doesn't sully the memory of the first at all. Great, natural progression from the first that takes place only 15 minutes after the end of that one. Both films work fantastically together.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

agroberts

district 9 was sooooooooooo awesome! i really loved it. a real gem of 2009 for me. i want to watch it again.

REC i really enjoyed. screened it at my halloween party last night actually.

Still gotta see District 9. What's REC? Is it that Spanish movie that was released a couple years ago?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Still gotta see District 9. What's REC? Is it that Spanish movie that was released a couple years ago?

yup

rec500mi4.jpg

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The second one delves more into the spooky Vatican stuff that was hinted at in the first. But yeah, Quarantine is a fucking waste of time. Don't even bother.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Im downloading REC right now. Im interested to see it just because Quarantine was so fucking awful.
I liked cloverfield. Good monster movies are hard to come by. 95% of them suck and i felt cloverfield had the makings of something truly scary and they made the epic scale fit into the tiny point of view.
quarintine was almost a shot for shot remake of REC and just as good.
I loved both.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Also while im posting in this thread I just saw Drag Me To Hell and fucking loved it even if the ending twist was spotted a mile away. Amazing movie.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
MUCH better. Also, the director of Quarantine took a lot of credit for what is, yeah, mostly a shot for shot remake of a far better film, lying to the audience and saying the ending is different. I'm not supporting that kind of crap.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
How could it be? Copying someone else's work to the letter and using a script that was essentially the original run through Babelfish isn't directing.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i just watched grey gardens (the HBO movie, not the original doc). loved it! i thought it was fascinating and drew barrymore was great. the costumes were fantastic, especially the scenes in the 30's before their home went to hell in a handbasket. i love that era for fashion.

i really want to watch the original documentary now. oh crazy old ladies...i thought they were really endearing even though they were off their rockers.

Last edited:

dr. claw

Just rewatched "Kubrick- A Life in Pictures". A pretty enjoyable and fascinating watch, if it got a bit tedious towards an end (when it becomes a showpiece for Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman to yammer on about themselves)

Unsurprisingly, Pandorum is a steaming pile of crap. Loud noises substitute scares, badly shot, extremely poorly lit and stealing relentlessly from other, better sources (ie. Alien, Event Horizon, a few episodes from The Outer Limits). This is the film I had to see in order to avoid going to the newer, tween remake for Fame with my fiancée.

Ben Foster is better than this shit. The guy has a lot of talent.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Anyone see Surrogates? Im a sucker for sci-fi and this looks like it could be good.. but im weary due to the creative team involved.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Also while im posting in this thread I just saw Drag Me To Hell and fucking loved it even if the ending twist was spotted a mile away. Amazing movie.

yeah dude! best movie of 2009! i didn't stop smiling for HOURS after i left the theatre!!

saw it on opening night (had to!!!!)

zoo

TRIBE Member
Unsurprisingly, Pandorum is a steaming pile of crap. Loud noises substitute scares, badly shot, extremely poorly lit and stealing relentlessly from other, better sources (ie. Alien, Event Horizon, a few episodes from The Outer Limits). This is the film I had to see in order to avoid going to the newer, tween remake for Fame with my fiancée.

Ben Foster is better than this shit. The guy has a lot of talent.

should've watched FAME! at least it has hot girls (i'm assuming it does)

kaniz

TRIBE Member

Drag Me To Hell was great -- I didn't really know anything about it prior to watching it, and loved the B-Movie throwback of the movie.

I watched Trick or Treat the other night - really enjoyed that also and it had a few creepy moments to it.