1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Movies about or containing facebook, coming to a theater near you

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Sep 3, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

So I went to see The American and they showed a preview of the upcoming facebook movie, which i had seen like a billion times before. Then they showed another preview for a stalker movie where a main feature is the stalker using facebook. Shortly there will be romantic comedies and science fiction movies starring facebook, and an animated facebook feature film may even be on the drawing board.

:| ch33se

2. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

Facebook will be the Matrix.

3. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I read somewhere recently that the Facebook game Mafia Wars was being made into a film.

4. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I'm pretty sure that Drew Barrymore was yammering on about facebook in one of her last rom-coms, the one that also had Jennifer Connely in it for some unknown reason

5. The Social Network is the only one that I've been wanting to see. And that's mainly because David Fincher is directing. I'm not sure if I'd be interested otherwise.

6. smack

smack TRIBE Member

what did you think of The American? I thought it was terrible. I wanted to leave during it.

7. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Earlier tonight I caught an advanced screening at the Varsity Cinemas at 7pm. Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie and don't really have much to whine about concerning this movie. Maybe, it's because I'm bias and tend to love most of David Fincher's films.

Personally, I'm still not on Facebook but damn does this movie make me wanna jump on the 500 million plus users bandwagon. Will it crash and burn once I finally sign up? :p

Only nitpicking thing I can point out is the use of smartphones around the year 2003 and 2004. Total BS, nobody was using that type of technology in their every day lives just yet. Also, since the film was from Columbia Pictures owned by SONY, I noticed the overexposure of the SONY VAIO computers throughout the film. There was one DELL machine and one IBOOK machine used in the picture as well. LOL

End of the movie it states that Mark Zuckerberg became the world's youngest billionare and FACEBOOK is now worth 25 billion dollars.

8. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

written by aaron sorkin is the biggest selling feature for me. i will see this.

i will not however join facebook anytime soon for reasons which i need not get into again here. :p

9. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

read somewhere Trent Reznor did the musical score for this film.

10. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

11. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I have a hard time getting used to watching a movie about a website, but it's getting good reviews so I may check it out.

12. xsre

xsre TRIBE Member

Me too.

13. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

Seems like the corporate beasts have all sat in a boardroom and collectively said "we missed the first decade of the internet so lets act like we are a down with Facebook"

I first thought this with all those craptastic commercials from Rogers, Bell, and co, where they tried to drop as many facebook/twitter references as thirty seconds would allow.

As always, late to the party.

14. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I love the type of movies where the CEO giants are just starting out, it's cool watching how they did it. Especially in the true drug lord movies or the Mafia stories. Where the street kid works his way through the ranks to become #1.

15. agroberts

agroberts New Member

What's Facebook?

16. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

17. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I think it's a book where you can shop for a new face

18. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

19. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

that's creepy

20. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

another made for tv movie ?

everyone losing their shit that facebook's been down for an hour.
    OMG:O

21. D1Willow

D1Willow TRIBE Member

I take it you signed up today?

22. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

I find mob/crime stories like this fresh, each and every time they're told.

23. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

New indie movie "Catfish" opens up today. Can't wait for the movie to available for free on torrents, so I can see what it is all about. :D

Nope, I'm still very proud of myself that I'm still not on Facebook or Twitter. However, as many people have pointed out to me, I'm really gonna be left behind in life if I don't join up soon...

Although, I may conform and join one of these days since these movies are making believe I will be left in the dark ages if I don't! LOL

24. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOL

[jai]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  25. That can't be real, but fuck, I really, really want it to be.

edit: yep, not real, tis a shame.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010