• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Movement Detroit 2013

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
This shit changed my life last year. I say this with no exaggeration.

VIP tickets bought and hotel already booked.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
hotel's been booked since last year, time has been requested off work. :)

cannae wait for ben klock and dettmann as well as mike parker. also, i'm looking forward to finally seeing slam.

it's always a top notch weekend for sure.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
It is a well organized party. Lots of people. Great vibe. You won't be disappointed. The best music I've heard in a long time.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
This will be my third Movement. Can't wait!

Great first phase lineup. VIP tickets bought. Hotel booked.

It's a big festival with non-cheese dance music. Very pure to the roots of where this music came from.

Advice to anyone who hasn't been:

The only reason to buy VIP tickets is for the improved washroom facilities. You get proper bathroom trailers as opposed to porta-potties or Hart Plaza's limited rammed washrooms. To me this makes the tickets worth it. In reality though they are simply a big cash grab.

My first year there we had to wait in an hour long line to get in. The promise of separate entrance for VIP was another big reason why I bought VIPs last year. But there never was any line getting in last year so that perk was kind of wasted.

If you're expecting anything special with VIP don't. It's full of people who wish they were VIPs and want access to backstage etc... You don't get that. Yeah there are private areas with bar rail mixed drinks available and covered sitting areas but it's nothing exclusive. The real VIPs are ARTIST wristband holders; they have their own separate areas.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Hotel booked, tix bought. My 5th DEMF!

Also really pleased my sis is timing her annual TO trip so she can finally make it to DEMF.

Also,
Digweed!
Slam!

Looking forward to the full lineup, I'm sure there will be lots more great names.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
The only reason to buy VIP tickets is for the improved washroom facilities. You get proper bathroom trailers as opposed to porta-potties or Hart Plaza's limited rammed washrooms. To me this makes the tickets worth it. In reality though they are simply a big cash grab.
The bathroom trailers ARE WORTH IT. I can't agree more. If you are a person who enjoys mixed drinks, the VIP bands allow you to buy mixed drinks for a considerable cheaper price in a separate section that is behind the main stage.

I still think they are worth it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
The Detroit cops are laid back. The only time you see many of them is when the festival ends and thousands of people are streaming out of Hart plaza. Then the cops are on hand to direct traffic, keep the pavements moving etc. I think they see how much $ a big festival like DEMF brings in to a hurting city like Detroit and are appreciative.

The US Customs/Immigration folk at the Windsor-Detroit tunnel however....